Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.138458

Hello Survivors,

We have a small update today:

• tweaks to login process which should limit occurrences of player stuck on connecting screen

Thank you for your interest of EXP DayZ branch.

• Like 11

i am taking an break from testing on exp. because i don´t like vehicles in dayz (since the mod) and i will start again with my help for bugfixing when bikes are in.

sorry, but i am here and on your side.

The test is still from the old Exp. Update. I noticed that when throwing individual round and apples, these very often glitch in the ground. Especially from a certain throw-distance. This was on all areas at the Krasnostav airfield. The servers i have a good ping (50-70) and low player population, only ten cows are my friends nearby.

Was on NE 01 last night cruising around in a Sedan (I'm starting to get good at controlling the buggers), and normally the server is completely empty so I can basically walk around naked, and lo and behold I passed a fresh spawn who was running to electro.

I was surprised, and slowed/stopped for a moment thinking I would give him a ride, but as I realized I was watching videos on my second monitor, had music playing in the background, and my headphones were not currently on, I had a momentary flashback of what happened the last time I slowed for a fresher (they get in, wait till you get out, hop in driver seat and drive away XD) so I decided to speed back up and carry on with my pleasure cruise...

Overall the vehicles seem a bit better than before. I still have to restart DayZ every now and then to deal with the frame drops which result from extended periods of car driving and driving over long distances. The cars still wig out if you hit the wrong obstacle, so most of my newfound driving skill has come from a knowledge of what to look out how and how to safely avoid them (i.e, lights on in fields with fences rocks and using the optimal 3rd person angle to see them). One grip that I have is that it's noticeable that traction seems tied to whichever gear you are in; the higher your gear is, the lower your traction is, rather than speed itself being the determinant (as far as I can tell).

Since vehicle persistence is disabled, this allows you to reliably get a vehicle on EXP right now (given the low pops), and if you're a safe driver it's pretty fun to explore the new Chernarus at 100kmph.

• Like 2