Sign in to follow this  
stefos71

Just picked up Day Z and it feels very bare..please help

Hi everyone,

So I just picked up Day Z and finally "fired it up" and I noticed that not many people were there!

Can someone please direct me insofar as servers are concerned & playing is concerned?

One big problem is how to "Take" things.......Do I use the middle mouse button on my mouse?

Thanks,

STefos

What timezone are you stefos?.. I can try meet up with you in game or get you on TeamSpeak and help you with the basics at least. If you don't have a mic, i can try until I'm overcome with rage at having to type all the time ;) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stefos71 said:

Hi everyone,

So I just picked up Day Z and finally "fired it up" and I noticed that not many people were there!

Can someone please direct me insofar as servers are concerned & playing is concerned?

One big problem is how to "Take" things.......Do I use the middle mouse button on my mouse?

Thanks,

STefos

to pick up things click middle mouse two times or click right mouse and drag it to your inventory. 

16 hours ago, O_HellFire said:

What timezone are you stefos?.. I can try meet up with you in game or get you on TeamSpeak and help you with the basics at least. If you don't have a mic, i can try until I'm overcome with rage at having to type all the time ;) 

Hi Hellfire,

I'm in the Eastern Time zone.

Thanks man,

Stefos

P.S. Yeah...I was like......where are the people?  lol

Depending on the server, what the population is and what part of the map you are in, people can be few and far between. Hopefully with the Beta the amount of people per server can be increased. However, it is not really a death match type of game, it is more survival and excitement comes when you actually do run into people. I would say, learn how to survive and head north. There is a lot more going on in the north, zombies, wolves, people, military bases, etc. Staying healthy and alive is difficult but a lot of fun. Find some player to co-op with, it makes it a lot better.

• Like 1

So is this game still worth picking up?  All the bad reviews on steam have made me leery of purchasing this game.

You can buy it now, learn game mechanics and how to stay alive in a couple of days. Run to Berezino, Stary Sobor, Zelenogorsk and hope to meet someone, probably get shot, attacked by wolves, enter "RolePlay" servers, where less people hiding in a bushes and actually doing something. Don't hide in a bush, do something. And then stop playing and wait till gameplay will receive massive improvements in next patches, and keep in mind that it has "right" not to be super awesome while it is still in early access (even though I think it could be easily super awesome all the time and it is just management decisions).