Sign in to follow this  
iconn

Bambiland2 and unfair Dayz public server rules

3 yrs= 6 #1 bambilands one was #1 every day for almost 6 months = Fact
I have recently had threats of shutting down bambiland2, coming via my hosting company for bans with no video proof. when i see a hacker or a cheater, i ban them and i dont always have obs running even if i did a video dont prove anything unless your able to get the cheaters pulse. so try getting a pulse from a wall glitcher or a hacker, the only thing that will happen is you will die.
its time the public servers have full admin control over their server. i asked brian hicks once if he could give us this, he simply said no, cause admins abused it the first time. 
well not all admins would abuse it.
its simple logic a real server would never abuse it cause if they did their server would not do very well, dayz players wouldnt log onto it.

As for bambiland2, not many high pop servers left. who will be the hackers next target once we are gone? Itll never end. i and my admins have worked very hard to make sure every player that logs onto bambiland2, has the best gaming experience possible, by trying our hardest to clean the server of cheaters and hackers, only to find out that, in doing this we will be shut down, because of these unfair public server rules that tries to push us to buy private servers.

now for hacks, these newer hacks from the last few days, it doent even show up in the logs. it dont show the player getting hit or dying nor does it show the hacker killing anyone, so with that alone warrents lettin the admins to ban them, the only way to catch these hacks is very time consuming but its better than battle eye. battle eye couldnt catch a drop of rain, much less a hacker.

for my Bambiland2 players, im sorry i let them scare me and the last few days i was very weary to issue any bans, because of whats been happening, but i promise you as i told the hosting company, if i see a hacker or cheater i have 2 choices
1. ban them
or
2. dont ban them

Bambiland2 players have been the most loyal players on dayz, they have played bambiland2 for over 3 yrs and to not ban cheaters and hackers is wrong. I WILL BAN OUT OF RESPECT FOR ALL THE BAMBILAND2 PLAYERS ! AND IF THE DEVS WANT TO SHUT DOWN ONE OF THE OLDEST SERVERS IN DAYZ BECAUSE WE BANNED A HACKER AND DONT HAVE A VIDEO THEN SO BE IT ! 

SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE ! 

• Like 2

If Bohemia wants more people playing Dayz,they need to support the admins and owner that pays 100$ /month for the server he rents,give  better logs to detect the hackers and ability  not to die from hacker bombs .We banned legit alot of hackers on Bambiland,Bohemia doesnt have a really good anticheat against hackers so we need to ban manualy.Admins of Bambiland are mature people that don't ban for no reason.We check the logs,compare them.I personaly go and die 2-3 times to asure myself that i died from a guy that abuses glitches or hacks...What Are you providing the admins with?

1.Logs to see who shot who (bombs of hackers dont show up there)

2.Who died and who  is uncouncious?

3.The blood amount Shock and gun that you shot with.

And dart to write in global chat of Server and kick players in case they flame/swear.(mostly rusians and infant kids)

What you expect us to do if you are not able to provide us with more options for the admin console.

All these points Conn brings up are truthful. I have been apart of Bambiland2 for about 2 weeks and I have came across about 8+ hackers since I have been on. All have which have been banned on reasonable accounts. In these cases all the legit players have been thankful and have appreciated what Conn has done and how much he cares about his server, the reputation, and the community revolved around it. In addition, to all of these accounts I have been first hand on how they are dealt with. I can assure you that they have been looked threw thoroughly threw the logs and users.
     As Conn has stated, "As for bambiland2, not many high pop servers left." This is very true, in fact most of the high pop servers are infested with hackers and admins that do not want to deal with it. They are simply just there. Also it is kinda sad that a such a successful business has such a inferior hacker detection system. As Conn has said in his discussion , " battle eye couldn't catch a drop of rain, much less a hacker." If Bohemia is going to make it tougher for server owners such as Conn to catch cheaters than why not improve your hacker detection program or software to help.
    One thing that I very frustrating to hear is that, " THIS GAME IS STILL IN ALPHA". Just letting you know that is BULLSHIT!! Stop saying that, because this game has been out since  December of 2013. I do know that the Devs have been trying to get this game running properly with such a small team which I am glad and grateful for. However, I think we should be a little bit more into the process of this game.
     Conn also says,"now for hacks, these newer hacks from the last few days, it doesn't even show up in the logs." This is true to all extent. The hacker community has evolved. They have become smarter and we haven't. The software hasn't stopped hackers and the Devs are making it harder for us to get rid of them.
     Finally, Conn said a very strong agrument,"if i see a hacker or cheater i have 2 choices
1. ban them
or
2. dont ban them"
This makes complete sense. If he sees a hacker or a cheater he will either ban them or not depending on the situation which is, will my server go down because of one more complaint or should I do it because it is the right thing. He makes the choice of doing the right thing which I give all my respect to him. Like i said earlier we have been on many hacker decision bans. However, if rules are restricting him from doing his job as a admin for his own server than I don't know what to say.

And all of them made shortly after the post.  *sniff sniff* Do you smell raisins?

• Like 2

Hello there

We'll do a check on any suspicious posters as per usual, what normally happens in cases like this is that others are encouraged to join the forum to support a claim, not really an issue in and of itself.

But, even if the Server Rules seem unfair, they are (currently) the rules and must be abided by even if they seem counter intuitive.

Dont forget the server side of things is also in "Alpha" so if you expect to run a server as one would a fully released game's server, you (as they say) "are going to have a hard time", on occasion.

I understand your frustration but the rules are the rules.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2