RaptorM60

DayZ.com website - Post your ideas and suggestions for improvements!

1 hour ago, HaseDesTodes said:

Give us an interactive Map of Chernarus where you can see all acknowledged map errors (floating or misplaced objects, etc.). I once tried to document the stuff i found, but it was realy hard to see what was reported already and what wasn't, because there were MANY tickets, and some/most even had more than one spot covered.

That's an AWESOME idea, and I bet it would be somewhat helpful to the world designers as well.

• Like 3

I will add a reddit post here that shows pretty much the situation that the new website should fix :)

26f9a4543c704dd6b4fd85a56a01c45b.png

The new webste could be a great tool for the brand and community management to easily make the latest news about the game are readily (and almost instantly) available to the players:

Every status report, every dev tweet, every youtube or skype interview, 3rd party news and articles, every talk that any dev gives or where the game is mentioned in a positive/neutral light. 

Because it really doesn't give a good image when players themselves post them a couple of days after the fact, and the company doesnt even know they exist lol (like the last case with Eugene's talk about early-access. 

• Like 1

Just a suggestion for the forums:

• We should have a draft folder for the unfinished new topics. I mean, when you start a new topic, while you write it the forum should save it every 5 minutes into your draft folder. Many times I was creating some suggestions topic and the forum just log me off losing all the information I have written, so I think that is a very necessary feature.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Asmondian said:

Just a suggestion for the forums:

• We should have a draft folder for the unfinished new topics. I mean, when you start a new topic, while you write it the forum should save it every 5 minutes into your draft folder. Many times I was creating some suggestions topic and the forum just log me off losing all the information I have written, so I think that is a very necessary feature.

I think that's already a feature. My drafts are saved automatically .

15 hours ago, exwoll said:

I think that's already a feature. My drafts are saved automatically .

Mine do not do it, and i can´t see anywhere the "drafts section" xS

The suggestion thread kichilron started years ago need an overhaul. The last time it was edited is two years ago. It looks like the part of the forum is dead although it isnt :).

Or maybe integrate new suggestions into the bnug report tool. I think there was an option to mark threads as suggestions? And maybe a short how to.

Edit:  Asmondian started a real good suggestion thread:

This would be a real nice beginning!

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka
additional information
  • Like 2

From my opinion just three things:

1. it would be nice if u guys update the steam page with fresh content.

2. Upload an updated roadmap to the webpage (with its progress updated bi-weekly like for example "Base Building 4% In progress")

3. Use trello for the development (not as is used today...content posted there since day 1)

Welcome here m8!
Cheers

1 hour ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

The suggestion thread kichilron started years ago need an overhaul. The last time it was edited is two years ago. It looks like the part of the forum is dead although it isnt :).

Or maybe integrate new suggestions into the bnug report tool. I think there was an option to mark threads as suggestions? And maybe a short how to.

This. 

The section is pretty much alive, but there are almost no way of people knowing that their ideas had been heard and some good suggestions that could get well developed are just lost and the people who gave their time and love to the work of the devs ends up feeling like wasting time into the void.

Would be great to have that section categorized and implemented into the website, or just updated so people that love the game and would give their time to think and suggest something "for free" could feel "useful" and not just end up in the vicious circle of:

Buy the game - love it - die to something in the game - suggest something - be trolled and feel unheard - feel frustrated and join the trolls and toxic crowd of the game  - push down and troll anyone that wants something positive.

We know that you guys (devs) follow the section but refrain from commenting (saw a couple of likes from a couple of you, including Hicks), it would be great to show it, so that outsiders see that there´s a caring link between the development and the playerbase (even if it doesn´t exist as a whole).

It would add to the image of the game being actively worked on, make people who love enough the game to use their time suggesting solutions to what they think could be improved keep thinking that way, and break the vicious trolling cicle (at least in one of the sources it has lol)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Asmondian said:

Mine do not do it, and i can´t see anywhere the "drafts section" xS

There´s no draft section, the text you typed before just appears in the reply window of the thread where you intended to post :) 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, exwoll said:

I will add a reddit post here that shows pretty much the situation that the new website should fix :)

26f9a4543c704dd6b4fd85a56a01c45b.png

The new webste could be a great tool for the brand and community management to easily make the latest news about the game are readily (and almost instantly) available to the players:

Every status report, every dev tweet, every youtube or skype interview, 3rd party news and articles, every talk that any dev gives or where the game is mentioned in a positive/neutral light. 

Because it really doesn't give a good image when players themselves post them a couple of days after the fact, and the company doesnt even know they exist lol (like the last case with Eugene's talk about early-access. 

I completely agree with this sentiment of too many outlets.  It originated way back in the mod days and ultimately dilutes peoples perception of communication.  

Over the years it has been a lot of work keeping up with everything devs have communicated, just because It was so spread out.  Even when the old site had the Dev-Tracker it didn't cover other sites, which was frustrating.

2 hours ago, exwoll said:

There´s no draft section, the text you typed before just appears in the reply window of the thread where you intended to post :) 

Really? That never happened to me. I will check again but I have written whole paragraphs in a new topic and after spending half an hour in the forum web automatically logs me off. Then, when I try to return I have to create the topic from scratch, neither appears nor what is written nor is there a section where you can see the drafts started and saved automatically.

Thx anyway for the help.

Another suggestion would be, if someone is starting a thread how the communication with the community could be improved, he should maybe sometimes take a look at this thread and communicate with the community about the suggestions :) because if not , the community could get that feeling again nobody is listening/reading all the suggestions... ;)

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka

would it be good to have own area where you can tell your stories on dayz?
i know that there is how was your dayz but i mean whole subforum?
there you can create topic and name it like:
"the journal of mark winchester"...

Additional "Contact Methods" fields on our user profiles. It looks like the regular ol' Bohemia forums (for Arma) have a million of them listed, but we only seem to have three. Being able to list Twitter, Twitch, Discord, etc. would be super helpful.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 9:25 PM, Arthur Dubrovka said:

Another suggestion would be, if someone is starting a thread how the communication with the community could be improved, he should maybe sometimes take a look at this thread and communicate with the community about the suggestions :) because if not , the community could get that feeling again nobody is listening/reading all the suggestions... ;)

Don't you worry sir, I read everything here very carefully. I've just been keeping myself a bit busy recently, working on the new website content tags (which was one of the suggestions that I thought was basically a no-brainer, + other things) together with our Web Dev team.

Regarding your "suggestion about suggestions thread" - I don't think we'll officially do much there, certainly not before 1.0. While @exwoll is totally right that our developers do read through some of the suggestions, I think at this point our designers have a very good idea of the content and features for the initial 1.0 release, now we just need to do the hard work and get them into the game using our new tech. When that's done, we can possibly revisit some of those suggestions, or in general further look for any discussion about where DayZ should develop post 1.0. Or we can look for your feedback on how we implemented those base DayZ features during BETA and how you like them (or don't like them).

Regarding the suggestion about map bug reporting, I'll ask our map designers if something like that would be useful to them. In general, direct in-game bug reporting / feedback system is the best thing ever (as Eugen mentioned during his talk at the White Nights conference if you saw that). As everything, it requires good implementation (= design, programming on both game and web dev / online services side), but I think we will want to consider it for DayZ at some point (since some of the new tech we've implemented for our UI should also provide us with greater freedom in implementing such things, unlike in, say, Arma 3, where in-game bug reporting would be quite the nightmare to do right).

On 4/14/2017 at 3:09 PM, Tatanko said:

Additional "Contact Methods" fields on our user profiles. It looks like the regular ol' Bohemia forums (for Arma) have a million of them listed, but we only seem to have three. Being able to list Twitter, Twitch, Discord, etc. would be super helpful.

That's an easy fix, I'll see if I can do that myself. Thanks. 

On 3/22/2017 at 2:42 PM, exwoll said:

Good idea!

The list of the bugs already reported and acknowledged by the dev team (as well as the fixed ones) should be clearly visible to everyone, it will cut out the players base need for feedback from the devs about the things that they know are broken, the ones that are being worked on, and the ones that had been fixed (specially these ones, since they will give the idea of the progress the game has).

Also if the acknowledged bugs could be broken down into groups and receive a reference fix schedule, so people knows when they could expect them to be fixed, it would make it easier for everyone to just give a link to the source for people that keeps asking "when are you planning to fix X?" 

I think we'd all love to have a complex (but easy to use a the same time) feedback reporting system like that working as well, but at least with the scheduling of fixes, it's a difficult, if not impossible undertaking :) Nevertheless, I'm sure we'll need to improve our feedback collecting as we switch from feature development into bug fixing. We'll probably start with something similar to what our colleagues in Arma 3 team have (see their up to date list of known issues here for example: https://dev.arma3.com/known-issues), and see how we can further improve the process. 

On 3/30/2017 at 5:44 PM, EdStaffordZombie said:

From my opinion just three things:

1. it would be nice if u guys update the steam page with fresh content.

2. Upload an updated roadmap to the webpage (with its progress updated bi-weekly like for example "Base Building 4% In progress")

3. Use trello for the development (not as is used today...content posted there since day 1)

Welcome here m8!
Cheers

Steam page will most likely get a bit of an update with 0.62 release. Same goes for our website roadmap/timeline, but please don't expect detailed percentage progress or anything similar - it's hard enough to quantify the development work like that even internally. We are trying to provide updates close to that in our Status Report, though only on the work that's in progress for the upcoming big update, as that's something we can be a bit more confident talking about on public. 

Thanks again for all the feedback and suggestions. I hope to be able to present some practical implementations of some of your ideas soon - and please keep discussing in the meantime, I am open to all suggestions regarding our websites :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

Steam page will most likely get a bit of an update with 0.62 release

Nice to hear, i just love to see the new trailer with the new player controller and with new features...BasBuild...ejem* ejem*

Thanks for the replies!
Best regards and nice job with the website.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 3:09 PM, Tatanko said:

Some additional options were added, let me know if there are any other popular services worth adding - this covers the basics though I believe :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaptorM60 said:

Some additional options were added, let me know if there are any other popular services worth adding - this covers the basics though I believe :) 

Looks good. Much appreciated!

Hi everyone, I'd like to provide you with a little bit of an update. The Bohemia Interactive mobile games team today announced that Mini DAYZ is coming to mobile devices and the Mini DAYZ website happens to share the same design base as the upcoming DayZ.com website, so feel free to check it out at https://minidayz.com/

We are now finalizing a couple of things for the DayZ website (it's a bit more complex/content heavy than the Mini DAYZ one) and we're now not that far from having its first iteration live, but before we do that, I will probably share some screenshots and ask for your feedback. 

Stay tuned, and thanks for the patientce! 

A weekly player HEATMAP would be fun to see. Where most players lost their miserable lives and become lunch to the unforgiving cannibalistic psychos >:D (I know that was done once in the mod days, and it would be meta gaming if we see that map every week)

Edited by BAHADIR

When you click the "beta" button on the dayz.com landing page, it still takes us to an outdated and inaccurate post from 2015...

@Eugen Harton I posted this on Steam per the Status Report for September 26.  Thought it valid so I decided to post here as well.

Looks awesome! I feel the reloading is way over thought however. Too complicated. I would like to make a suggestion, take it or leave it but I feel it is valued.

As far as reloading goes, simply press 'R'. If a loaded magazine/clip is in your INVENTORY, your character replaces the empty mag with a full one. If no loaded magazine/clip, then your character removes magazine from weapon, round by round amimation is then triggered, then replaces magazine and chambers the weapon.

I really feel this area needs to be simplified for user enjoyment.

Thanks hope you get this, looking forward to beta.

Pond out

6 hours ago, Tarek_lb said:

So what's up about the new website ? one year after nothing change..

Oh Boy....

Lousy timing to bump this, @Tarek_lb....really...

I almost felt the fresh touch of our Spring BETA...but now you went and reminded me of yet another reason to doubt the follow-through of the Dev Team.... BAD Tarek...Bad! No Beans for you! ;-P

Let's just give these guys and gals ONE MORE crack at it and see if they knock it out of the park (which most of us regulars truly believe)...and then we can bug them about the fluffy stuff.

It's almost as if we should all just hold our breaths and let them get the job done...and to hell with any ancillary distractions.