Marek One

Absence of formal sidechat in DayZ SA is a pain.

The lack of sidechat makes it difficult to find and meet new friends, that's one of the many perks of the mod, side chat. I have made so many friends that i still play with to this day through sidechat. Why is not implemented? It doesn't seem like it'd ruin anything.

44 minutes ago, Marek One said:

The lack of sidechat makes it difficult to find and meet new friends, that's one of the many perks of the mod, side chat. I have made so many friends that i still play with to this day through sidechat. Why is not implemented? It doesn't seem like it'd ruin anything.

Would be nice if it was added as an experimental feature only so we could coordinate during bug testing with other random players.

• Like 2

Was told the other day that the walkie talkie radio has a type function that works like sidechat and they were communicating with randoms on a full server, you just need someone else monitoring their radio, on the correct frequency for messages it looks like. Haven't tested it myself, but you cycle through direct, vehicles etc until you have radio using the "." key.. then push forward slash or back slash (been too long for me to remember which) and then type in a message from what I heard. Must have a charged battery in the walkie talkie i would presume.

Edited by O_HellFire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, O_HellFire said:

Was told the other day that the walkie talkie radio has a type function that works like sidechat and they were communicating with randoms on a full server, you just need someone else monitoring their radio, on the correct frequency for messages it looks like. Haven't tested it myself, but you cycle through direct, vehicles etc until you have radio using the "." key.. then push forward slash or back slash (been too long for me to remember which) and then type in a message from what I heard. Must have a charged battery in the walkie talkie i would presume.

Yeah I think before long the radios will basically be side chat.  I've had no problem striking up conversations with randoms by just turning on the radio and leaving it on the default frequency.

Side-Chat was hated in the mod and used more for evil than good.

I have a broken leg in Cherno need help...

show up to help...

...sniped from the treeline. 

/the end

Walkie Talkie is better imo.

51 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Side-Chat was hated in the mod and used more for evil than good.

I have a broken leg in Cherno need help...

show up to help...

...sniped from the treeline. 

/the end

Walkie Talkie is better imo.

You'll probably get the same scenario with walkie talkies just with less of a chance of someone showing up. And even then you'll find more action at military camps than baiting someone with a 1% chance someone is listening on the radio.

The more I can play without some "GET REKT NOOOB!" crap popping up anywhere on my screen the better.

• Like 2

Oh come on, can we just put all the excuses aside with the sidechat and mod? 

Don't compare SA with the mod please, they aren't the same.

I don't understand why the sidechat is still not a thing, maybe it would be nice if it were a server toggleable feature you know. Server admins are able to disable the crosshair ON PUBLIC SERVERS. But they can't enable sidechat? Bollocks, it should be added, and fast.

On a serious note, servers that are full RP or any private server would perfectly benefit from this, should be default open on experimental servers at the first place. Public servers should have it as well, but disabled by default imho.

Edited by yazar8

I also don't want anyone screaming out my position in caps while I am busy feasting on his corpse...
Plenty of ways outside game to meet up with people.

4 hours ago, yazar8 said:

I don't understand why the sidechat is still not a thing,

They aren't the same...you're right. SA population is far less mature. Side Chat, RIP dear boy...

• Like 1

Radios were supposed to do this but after the bug where the walkis were transmitting over global I haven't heard anything else about it. I noticed the the random suit cases that were replaced by table top radios, the radios seem to be gone now, the one at the commissar statue anyway. 

I liked the radio idea but the shit I heard with the global bug, that's going to be a problem on public.

Sniper on Sniper Hill! 

Anyone in Cherno?

I just died on a ladder.

Yeah i miss those comments.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 4:04 AM, yazar8 said:

Oh come on, can we just put all the excuses aside with the sidechat and mod? 

I don't understand why the sidechat is still not a thing, maybe it would be nice if it were a server toggleable feature you know. Server admins are able to disable the crosshair ON PUBLIC SERVERS. But they can't enable sidechat? Bollocks, it should be added, and fast.

On a serious note, servers that are full RP or any private server would perfectly benefit from this, should be default open on experimental servers at the first place. Public servers should have it as well, but disabled by default imho.

Wouldn't be much of a survival game if you could chat with people on the other side of the map now would it?

8 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Wouldn't be much of a survival game if you could chat with people on the other side of the map now would it?

Survival game or not, it should be an option on private hives anyway.

On 21.3.2017 at 4:19 AM, DannyDog said:

Would be nice if it was added as an experimental feature only so we could coordinate during bug testing with other random players.

there should be more tools in exp servers....

also some select your spawnpoint would be good in exp...some interactive maps also where you could see where are the cars etc...

31 minutes ago, yazar8 said:

Survival game or not, it should be an option on private hives anyway.

Aye that's all good, any option available for private and modded server is a good thing in my eyes, even the options I don't like personally.

For those that don't want, it should be easy enough to just pick another.

I personally have never liked side chat at all as it gets caked with sk mofo spam. As long as we can turn it off i guess its fine but other than that i like it not being there. I guess the devs want more people to use the walkie talkie radios.

• Like 1

On 21.3.2017 at 3:19 AM, DannyDog said:

This is only a good option for Exp. Everything else does not make a positive sense, at least in the present state of the game because the rate of abuse is far higher than real intentions. (This is rather bad for new players).

3 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

This is only a good option for Exp. Everything else does not make a positive sense, at least in the present state of the game because the rate of abuse is far higher than real intentions. (This is rather bad for new players).

Agree 100%.

Also i think but we definetly need some kind of communication between players (in-game) in experimental to coordinate tests and be able to help each others with the car assembly and other kind of features that require more than one player (test items, etc.)

No. I always hated the side-chat since the mod era. It was used only for people to boast about their kills, some random dude spamming that he needs morphine in Cherno (who was a sniper in the end, as always). 

Not to mention Russians.

It takes away the realism of the game in my opinion, but I don't disagree with the side-chat being an option on private-hive servers, its a private server after-all.

One can argue that the radio's the same, however, it is realistic and not everyone has it.