3 posts in this topic
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now
Hi, I'm a long time DayZ SA player and I'm so lonely right now. :c
I'm looking for a group of mature players to play some DayZ with. I usually have a friendly play style and I just play for fun, so just don't bother if you're a tryhard pro that rages everytime you lose some pixelated gear. Anyway, hit me up if anyone is interested in becoming survivor friends with a hunk like me. Oh I forgot, I like to record videos sometimes and post them on YouTube sometimes.
My steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kingborr
How I used to play back in the day: (not my youtube channel)
Problems/ideas I have with Dayz as of .61 stable.
- Fix the rarity and power of mele weapons. The axe should be more valuable and powerful than the wooden stick.
- 100% of gear being ruined when being shot(I find this unrealistic).
- Not being able to aim straight up(it leads to some unfair encounters).
- Charging animations for putting bullets in magazines.(this would change how much time it takes to charge a magazine in turn making combat with firearms become way more realistic)
- Animations for loading the revolver without the snap loader, and the Sks without the stripper clip(again making combat with these types of guns more realistic).
- Animations for folding/compressing the stocks on the AK variants, pm73, cz61, mp5, and future smg's(idk if the ump has a foldable stock irl).
- Armored vehicles, artillery, anti-tank rifles. In my opinion any weapon could be added to the game and as long as the spawn rate reflects the Power of the weapon (and as long as the rpg can destroy armored vehicles) it would be accepted by the community.
- Add Newtons 3rd law to how people zigzag when trying to dodge bullets(a player would have to stop before doing a 180).
- A problem with nighttime is that you can't see if you're full health or if you're low on blood(showing the characters injured animation in the inventory could help in future patches).
- Consider Removing third person or alternatively making a change to it that makes the game more realistic as 3pp currently absolutely ruins realism in terms of awareness of other players. I wouldn't have an issue with this if 1st person servers where more populated but as of now I only see one server that is on medium pop and the rest are low pop. I really don't understand why 1st person is so unpopular I just find 1st person servers to feel more intense and realistic and that's a good thing but yet they're still dead regardless. One Idea I had was to make it so that there are only a handful of available 1pp servers for people to go on(EU,US,AU servers) and when a customer buys a server they are not allowed to make it 1pp so only the official servers remain. That way the whole 1pp community is brought together and not split up on a massive list of servers.
- Taking elements from the Resident Evil 4 zombies such as zeds climbing ladders, hitting and then opening doors would be cool in the finished version of Dayz.
- Remove the ability to hide body, and add the ability to drag the unconscious/dead body(this would just be fun).
- Bodies disappearing after 5 minutes feels game breaking. Increasing the time it takes for a body to de-spawn to 30minutes would fix this for me personally. This would fix it for ppl who want to run back to there dead body for revenge and for those times when you get in a shootout that lasts 20 minutes long.
- Adding the ability to shoot through your target would be good to teach people to be sure of there target and what is beyond it.
- AI should not be allowed to hit players that have a ping of 300+ or have lost connection to the server instead of logging(this would save characters from AI if there internet went down).
- Sprint key also acting as the cancel action/animation key.
- Idk what the current plan for plate carriers in dayz is but the tests performed on this channel might help - https://www.youtube.com/user/DemolitionRanch
- Shooting a gun should cause ringing in your characters ears and make it so you have trouble hearing other players talk in-game.
- Add the dead linger style of barricading to block off zombies/players from climbing through windows(I remember dean hall talking about this months after I bought the game a few years ago).