cs_wolf

DayZ Standalone-What to expect?

(TL;DR at the bottom)

I started to wonder what I expect from DayZ Standalone and what the developers will give us as a "main game" or "main structure".

So I think it would be nice to have a detailed report from the developers in this critical stage talking about each bullet point regarding the main structure of the game, how it will be from that point forward. So we can give feedback and discuss, I want this game to be one of a kind as much as the next guy. We have had status report after status report but I dont have a clear picture.

Talking about things like:

-Loot (will we have loot spawning under beds, more spawn points in houses for players to feel immersed and feel they are scavenging? will loot be minimized or stay how it currently is? more questions that people might have...)

-Infected (What will they be like? how much damage will they give? what types of attacks? Are devs still planning on infections from them? different types? more...)

-Vehicles (Will they spawn working, random? What more types of vehicles for Beta (Aerial, bikes, boats)? more...)

-Damage (Will the damage to items in clothing or backpacks be changed? more...)

-Player (Will running speed be reduced or stay how it is? more...)

-Health system

-Map

-Servers (Player count, more...)

I know this seems like asking a lot, and dont know how they can explain such a vast amount of details, maybe pictures or videos will help too, but I feel like during this downtime toward Beta we kinda deserve this from the community part of the DayZdevteam, we have been patient, people rant because they still care about this game, we have loads of questions, we are close to Beta, and I really want to know how the game will be. (MAIN structure excluding modding)

I just feel I want ONE special organized Beta report with all main bulletpoints of the game for this critical point in time, so we can start discussing and give feedback.

TL;DR -

Centralize all the info into one report as mentioned by "DannyDog" below.

NalMac on reddit - "I would like this as well. They have talked about a lot of that stuff but it is quite outdated at this point and things change with development whether it be because of engine limitations or they just changed their minds so having an updated idea of what a finished DayZ is from the devs point of view would be nice."

Thanks for reading, how do you feel about what to expect?

Edited by cs_wolf
Some irrelevant info from the main topic

Holy crap wow that video threw me back so hard. The nostalgia is real.

On the aspect of those points, i do believe through out the development the devs have spoken about each point albeit not as in depth i guess. Most of them have been scattered or lost throughout the years and i really do hope they centralize all that info into something other than a status report. Perhaps they should put it on their roadmap page instead of what they currently have now which is 2 years outdated.

2 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Holy crap wow that video threw me back so hard. The nostalgia is real.

On the aspect of those points, i do believe through out the development the devs have spoken about each point albeit not as in depth i guess. Most of them have been scattered or lost throughout the years and i really do hope they centralize all that info into something other than a status report. Perhaps they should put it on their roadmap page instead of what they currently have now which is 2 years outdated.

Yes this is exactly how I feel!

2 hours ago, cs_wolf said:

I feel we get spoiled in a way with the loot

Too right, I spawned in the hamlet just west of Elektro yesterday and in the first ten buildings I explored I found a P1 pistol, two Makarovs, two IZH-43's. two IZH-18's, three Trumpets and two Sporters, amongst a lot of food. Low quality gear sure, but still fantastically common. Yet on other days you'll spawn and struggle to find even anything other than a burlap sack after an hour of game-play. There's no middle ground it seems.

Edited by Ketran

I cant stress this enough.

I am seeing so many posts questioning what DayZ will be. Of course modding will enable us to do anything we want in the engines limits but we sure do need an updated view of what a finished DayZ is for the devs excluding modding. It will be refreshing to see.

Edited by cs_wolf

On 3/20/2017 at 7:05 AM, cs_wolf said:

(TL;DR at the bottom)

I started to wonder what I expect from DayZ Standalone and what the developers will give us as a "main game" or "main structure".

Thanks for reading, how do you feel about what to expect?

I expect it to be more along the lines as vanilla playable, and a main structure for modders in the end.

It is the direction most likely taken the history of BI games, main streamed to new engine platforms.

This way more games can be developed from the main engine, like many of us assumed from the start.