stefos71

Is this game (full paid version) worth buying now?

2 hours ago, xDivineWrathx said:

I'm here with the same dilemma, have had this game in my cart for a while now but the reviews have made me leery of purchasing the game.  It looks like so much fun but I don't want to purchase this and it end up with development being terminated.  Been watching a lot of Baby Nades videos and I really like what I have seen

Do not take the steam reviews into account. They are uninformed, meme based opinions about the game and its current "controversial" community.

And if you want my opinion, BI will never terminate this project ever. 

Here's pretty informative video, unbiased imo and its a good watch if you're unsure about the game.

take a look around on youtube by searching "What is the problem with Dayz" etcetera and decide for yourself pal, I suggest you dont buy this at all till it hits BETA but if you like the way it is right now go ahead and buy it.

the development wont get terminated its just extremely slow due to poor management. 

honestreview™

however by the time you get bored of this due to you not trying the game at all i suppose it'll be at the BETA stage.

also dont trust anyone who tells you this game is perfect and we are all uninformed, the steam reviews are 100/100 truthful, same for youtube.

Edited by Benavides

16 minutes ago, Benavides said:

take a look around on youtube by searching "What is the problem with Dayz" etcetera and decide for yourself pal, I suggest you dont buy this at all till it hits BETA but if you like the way it is right now go ahead and buy it.

the development wont get terminated its just extremely slow due to poor management. 

honestreview™

however by the time you get bored of this due to you not trying the game at all i suppose it'll be at the BETA stage.

also dont trust anyone who tells you this game is perfect and we are all uninformed, the steam reviews are 100/100 truthful, same for youtube.

eb6.jpg?1307463786

1 hour ago, Benavides said:

like this kid for example 

Alright, let me explain it to you.

1 hour ago, Benavides said:

honestreview™

• "the development wont get terminated its just extremely slow due to poor management."

It really isn't. Amount of updates to stable branch =/= Speed of development. DayZ's development is taking a long time because they are creating a new engine. We are not getting many updates because the devs are making content for the new engine not the one we currently use.

• "also dont trust anyone who tells you this game is perfect and we are all uninformed"

No one here would say that the DayZ we have now is perfect. In fact I've seen the devs say multiple times that people shouldn't buy DayZ until it's finished.

Just because we love DayZ, doesn't mean we don't see it's flaws:

The loot distribution can be bad.

The movement is clunky.

The inventory looks awful.

Fps drops.

Terrible d-sync.

Animations are messy.

Vehicles are horrible.

But because we keep ourselves informed, we know that all of the issues we have with DayZ are being worked on. So we have no reason to complain.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist
  • Like 3

I'm willing to deal with bugs, I've early access on several other games currently.  I think my big fear with this is the slow development may turn into no development/abandonment of the project.  I may take the plunge and go ahead and pick it up as it looks like a lot of fun, and I know that many say only play in a group but I don't have anyone on pc to play it with so I will have to solo it.  $35 would definitely be better that $60 but I have been hoping as well to catch it on sale on steam but I haven't caught it yet.  Picked up Arma 3 a few weeks ago and have some of the zombie mods but I haven't found anything yet that I like that much yet, it's ok just not enough to keep me interested.  I built my first custom gaming pc a few months ago and am trying to get a nice library of games going.  I've played a lot of battlegrounds and I like it fairly well.

54 minutes ago, xDivineWrathx said:

I'm willing to deal with bugs, I've early access on several other games currently.  I think my big fear with this is the slow development may turn into no development/abandonment of the project.  I may take the plunge and go ahead and pick it up as it looks like a lot of fun, and I know that many say only play in a group but I don't have anyone on pc to play it with so I will have to solo it.  $35 would definitely be better that $60 but I have been hoping as well to catch it on sale on steam but I haven't caught it yet.  Picked up Arma 3 a few weeks ago and have some of the zombie mods but I haven't found anything yet that I like that much yet, it's ok just not enough to keep me interested.  I built my first custom gaming pc a few months ago and am trying to get a nice library of games going.  I've played a lot of battlegrounds and I like it fairly well.

dayz standalone is what got me into online gaming i haven't had the urge to play any other ones yet. I for one don't enjoy PVP games.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob

3 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

dayz standalone is what got me into online gaming i haven't had the urge to play any other ones yet. I for one don't enjoy PVP games.

Just purchased the game, lol, couldn't take it anymore

4 hours ago, xDivineWrathx said:

Just purchased the game, lol, couldn't take it anymore

in the end i don't think you will be disappointed.

10 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

in the end i don't think you will be disappointed.

I'm liking it really well so far!  Have to get use to the map and where everything is.

53 minutes ago, xDivineWrathx said:

I'm liking it really well so far!  Have to get use to the map and where everything is.

I'm sure you will get the hang of the game there is a lot to do in the game now and a lot more when it hits beta and beyond .

I wouldn't buy it now. But if you have always wanted it then buy it. Dayz has been more entertaining to play in some earlier patches, even though tech side is much better now. I'd buy it when people will start buzzing about it being awesome again. I'd buy PUB now, and jump in DayZ later. 

30 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

I wouldn't buy it now. But if you have always wanted it then buy it. Dayz has been more entertaining to play in some earlier patches, even though tech side is much better now. I'd buy it when people will start buzzing about it being awesome again. I'd buy PUB now, and jump in DayZ later. 

I've had PUB since it went on sale, good game!

Yeah I see, it has guaranteed action, and there is no way you'll spend a hour without any action, even if you'll try. It comes from DayZ modder, and heavily inspired by "Suvivor GameZ". From wiki: "Greene also was inspired by an online competition for DayZ called Survivor GameZ". I have watched Survivor GameZ once via Twitch, and it was intense ! I always though WHY THE HELL THAT CONCEPT is not exploited in DayZ properly. I think it is going to be. So it basically have originated from DayZ. There is no way DayZ will not be able to have the same fun and more concepts possible to create and use. I think DayZ will always have more soul than any other survival game. 

I just found my first live player in DayZ, I had just spawned, hadn't even seen a house yet then here comes this dude all decked out with gear, shoots me (leg breaks) then executes me.  All I had on me was what I spawned with.

On 5/20/2017 at 3:45 PM, xDivineWrathx said:

I think my big fear with this is the slow development may turn into no development/abandonment of the project. 

Don't worry. This is not a legitimate concern and it never has been. Bohemia is as close to AAA as an indie studio could possibly be. What I wouldn't give to erase all of my map knowledge and be in your shoes again...

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Don't worry. This is not a legitimate concern and it never has been. Bohemia is as close to AAA as an indie studio could possibly be. What I wouldn't give to erase all of my map knowledge and be in your shoes again...

I'm definitely lost on the map so far

3 hours ago, xDivineWrathx said:

I just found my first live player in DayZ, I had just spawned, hadn't even seen a house yet then here comes this dude all decked out with gear, shoots me (leg breaks) then executes me.  All I had on me was what I spawned with.

When i first played dayz i was looking for a backpack went into a shed and two players showed up outside, and i said i just got dayz and one of them said "welcome to dayz" and then shot me. so don't feel like you're alone in this.

Who knows maybe the next guy will help you to loot up.

1 hour ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

When i first played dayz i was looking for a backpack went into a shed and two players showed up outside, and i said i just got dayz and one of them said "welcome to dayz" and then shot me. so don't feel like you're alone in this.

Who knows maybe the next guy will help you to loot up.

we should play sometime, you could show me the ropes

8 hours ago, xDivineWrathx said:

Maybe he wanted you to spawn in better place lol

Honestly you were just unlucky, but it is really hard to get lucky in DayZ at the moment. KOS is like a virus and spread out really strongly. Go to "Role Play" servers.

16 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

Maybe he wanted you to spawn in better place lol

Honestly you were just unlucky, but it is really hard to get lucky in DayZ at the moment. KOS is like a virus and spread out really strongly. Go to "Role Play" servers.

lol maybe that is what he wanted, he walked away then I started walking the way I was going (opposite as him) then he shot me in the back

stay away from roleplay servers till you are actually good PvP wise. Explore the entirety of the map, get involved into huge fights and gain experience, then head into roleplay servers.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 0:06 PM, Benavides said:

stay away from roleplay servers till you are actually good PvP wise. Explore the entirety of the map, get involved into huge fights and gain experience, then head into roleplay servers.

DayZ is bad choice of "getting good in PVP", you should be good in PVP already before even purchasing DayZ. It is bad game to practice pvp. First of all, because you shouldn't start fights as soon as you meet someone. We have all those KOS because people want to start PVP asap without even experiencing any real interactions.

Secondly, interactions and engagements are really rare, and if you want proper intense epic battles you have to run to military zones and it can't be done in a few minutes.  You are going to die a lot of times, unless you are genius and your learning slope is really steep and you have talent. If not, then be prepared to run to military zones, looting and then being shot hundred times before you stop being killed by first or second engagement. If you are lonewolf, then be prepared to get engaged into fights against two players at the same time quite often. 

Play Counter Strike or PUB to learn things quicker. And then make a step higher with DayZ.

Edited by Mantasisg

5 hours ago, Mantasisg said:

DayZ is bad choice of "getting good in PVP", you should be good in PVP already before even purchasing DayZ. It is bad game to practice pvp. First of all, because you shouldn't start fights as soon as you meet someone. We have all those KOS because people want to start PVP asap without even experiencing any real interactions.

Secondly, interactions and engagements are really rare, and if you want proper intense epic battles you have to run to military zones and it can't be done in a few minutes.  You are going to die a lot of times, unless you are genius and your learning slope is really steep and you have talent. If not, then be prepared to run to military zones, looting and then being shot hundred times before you stop being killed by first or second engagement. If you are lonewolf, then be prepared to get engaged into fights against two players at the same time quite often. 

Play Counter Strike or PUB to learn things quicker. And then make a step higher with DayZ.

the mechanics are different in them two games, he needs to learn the mechanics and what to do during fights, when it is a good time to patch himself up, where to hide, when to push up, etcetera. DayZ PVP is entirely different than CSGO and PUB.