Asmondian

No mag guns spawning without ammo

> JUST A VIDEO TO RESUME THIS  SIMPLE IDEA

219.png

219.png

PROS:

• There is no reason why weapons with mags have random bullets inside and weapons without mags don´t 
  • Players would loot more often this kind of weapons looking for ammo
  • It´s a simple add to enrich game experience
  • No more useless weapons that nobody moves over and over avoiding the loot to respawn
  • More chance to survive in the spawn locations and middle of the map and have something to fight when you want to hit the middle military bases.
  • Simple add to enrich something to do in the coast and prevent server hopping players that walk the hole map on an empty public server and then jump to a full near the northern military bases.

CONS:

• I don´t know the impact that could have in the CLE (Central Loot Economy) or in game performance
  • Some of you said this could lead to a more KOS situations on the coast.

Edited by Asmondian

Its probably something easily implemented, but not done so coastal battles aren't so prevalent.. cant test stuff out if everyone hangs on the coast 24/7.

14 hours ago, Asmondian said:

PROS:

• More chance to survive in the coast against KOS gear players
  • Players would loot more often this kind of weapons looking for ammo
  • It´s a simple add to enrich game experience
  • No more useless weapons that nobody moves over and over avoiding the loot respawn

CONS:

• I don´t know the impact that could have in the CLE (Central Loot Economy) or in game performance

- more chance to BE a kos player on the coast

- simple add to enrich kos game experience on the coast

- in the zombie apocalypse the only weapons people would leave behind would be ones they ran out of ammo for

- get off the coast

• Like 1

15 hours ago, O_HellFire said:

Its probably something easily implemented, but not done so coastal battles aren't so prevalent.. cant test stuff out if everyone hangs on the coast 24/7.

I don´t think players would stay on the coast 24/7 simply because you add a random bullet inside a shotgun or magnum (I don´t say all the spawning shotguns should have ammo inside and there are already guns with full mags inside so I don´t get your point). Having said that, let´s be honest, most of the players just go north on empty servers to do pvp in the NWAF or TISY. The public servers are almost empty at coast.

3 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

- more chance to BE a kos player on the coast

- simple add to enrich kos game experience on the coast

- in the zombie apocalypse the only weapons people would leave behind would be ones they ran out of ammo for

- get off the coast

- More chance to survive in the spawn locations and middle of the map and have something to fight when you want to hit the middle military bases. And the pvp and KOS are part of the game, you don´t have to whimper.

- Simple add to enrich something to do in the coast and prevent server hopping players that walk the hole map on an empty public server and then jump to a full near the northern military bases.

- If you want to talk about the lore inconsistences of the game we can discuss here the hole year.

- Don´t take it so personal dude, I just want some feedback. Don´t know why you have to be so "toxic". If you want the devs send you the “hardcore true dayz player” medal because you play at north 24/7 on a first person only server and survive only by eating what you grow just say it, but that’s not what I’m talking about.

Edited by Asmondian

This will add nothing to the game except for more KoS-asshattery.

Sorry, not sorry.

i remember a statement that the CLE couldn't handle loaded internal magazine guns at this time.

Only the development team knows if ammo will spawn with them  when the game is finished .

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
to add content
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

This will add nothing to the game except for more KoS-asshattery.

Sorry, not sorry.

Thx for the feedback.

Ok... so you think they should remove the guns that spawn with ammo inside (Im talking about weapons with mags that already spawn with ammo inside)?

Edited by Asmondian

6 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

i remember a statement that the CLE couldn't handle loaded internal magazine guns at this time.

Only the development team knows if ammo will spawn with them  when the game is finished .

Yup, I remember that too. Seems fair to assume that eventually internally loaded weapons will be able to spawn with ammo eventually.

11 hours ago, Asmondian said:

I don´t think players would stay on the coast 24/7 simply because you add a random bullet inside a shotgun or magnum (I don´t say all the spawning shotguns should have ammo inside and there are already guns with full mags inside so I don´t get your point). Having said that, let´s be honest, most of the players just go north on empty servers to do pvp in the NWAF or TISY. The public servers are almost empty at coast.

You must be new.. just look at the lengths the devs have gone to get players moving from the coast.. i.e. practically no loot spawns there at the moment. Low tier rifles with internal mags i.e. Mosins with a high powered round, shotguns and Magnums spawning with ammo (big difference between those and a sporter .22 with a mag), ready to go, would simply enable players to stay at the coast and indulge in we want easy/ casual mode coastal warfare. Not much data from player movement to be gathered there, and pretty lonely for anyone inland so they'll migrate back to the coast also. Sad if you own/play on a private server and everyones playing on the coast as well, instead of taking their chances inland. Public is the place where coastal warfare is the preferred play style.. so i'd say no loot on the coast is working as intended then. 

P.S. Its great that you have passion for the game and are inspired with new ideas and endless possibilities that come with being a relative newcomer to DayZ..  we've probably all been there at some point. Your putting yourself out there on a public forum, which is brave and I commend you on it.. but understand that you may have missed things tried beforehand, problems with players meta gaming the system and clashing ideas between the player base (like this subject). Take criticism on the the chin and move on.. the forums need people with your enthusiasm.  

Edited by O_HellFire

9 hours ago, O_HellFire said:

You must be new.. just look at the lengths the devs have gone to get players moving from the coast.. i.e. practically no loot spawns there at the moment. Low tier rifles with internal mags i.e. Mosins with a high powered round, shotguns and Magnums spawning with ammo (big difference between those and a sporter .22 with a mag), ready to go, would simply enable players to stay at the coast and indulge in we want easy/ casual mode coastal warfare. Not much data from player movement to be gathered there, and pretty lonely for anyone inland so they'll migrate back to the coast also. Sad if you own/play on a private server and everyones playing on the coast as well, instead of taking their chances inland. Public is the place where coastal warfare is the preferred play style.. so i'd say no loot on the coast is working as intended then. 

P.S. Its great that you have passion for the game and are inspired with new ideas and endless possibilities that come with being a relative newcomer to DayZ..  we've probably all been there at some point. Your putting yourself out there on a public forum, which is brave and I commend you on it.. but understand that you may have missed things tried beforehand, problems with players meta gaming the system and clashing ideas between the player base (like this subject). Take criticism on the the chin and move on.. the forums need people with your enthusiasm.  

Really appreciate your feedback dude.

I’m not new in game but probably I don´t have the time and knowledge inside the official forums that some of you have, so this kind of observations are always welcome to discard an idea or Transform it in something possible and favorable to the game.

Having said that, I must tell you that is kind of worrying the “toxicity” of some of the users in this forum, and I’m not talking about my post.

I usually follow and comment other ideas / suggestions just to give some feedback to the guy that thought it could be a good idea and when I see other people that give their opinions seems to forget this is a place of thoughts exchange. Of course that if you make 10 post about “dead players become Zombies idea” or “make dayz a battleground without zombies” and that kind of things you should expect someone that tells you: “dude, what the f. is wrong with you?”. But I’m not talking about that.

The other Dayz I read a post about sickness in Dayz. A guy makes a great job by posting ideas about the sickness effects, the different states and evolution of sickness, and tons of other stuff and 2 o 3 guys just post as a replay something like: “Quit this sh..t, this whole thing will be work on after the beta release” or “There are some other priorities right now” or a specific and disrespectful critic about some of the guys idea.

This is a suggestion forum, it supposed to create a debate about ideas that could have some real application in the game (sooner or later). I don´t know why this community become so toxic lately.

Wait. As far as I remember (don't know if that was .60 or .61 tho), you can find chambered weapons in the game! 

I always check the weapons I find, and there were times when they had ammo in them.

Now the thing is that the reason the Chernarus populace left the weapon behind is because they didn't had any ammo for it. So finding weapons with ammo would be unrealistic unless you find their previous owner lying aside :) (or in infected)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exwoll said:

Wait. As far as I remember (don't know if that was .60 or .61 tho), you can find chambered weapons in the game! 

I always check the weapons I find, and there were times when they had ammo in them.

Now the thing is that the reason the Chernarus populace left the weapon behind is because they didn't had any ammo for it. So finding weapons with ammo would be unrealistic unless you find their previous owner lying aside :) (or in infected)

Didn't you think the chambered gun you found was droped by a player and not a spawned gun?

Nope, certain cases where just after a server restart in a town that I lived by.

16 hours ago, exwoll said:

Nope, certain cases where just after a server restart in a town that I lived by.

Hi dude. I pretty sure that no mag weapons never spawn with ammo inside. The devs have being clear about it when they introduce only ammo inside spawning weapons with mags.

It weren't mag weapons. As far as I remember it was a sporter with no mag, an izh rifle, and a mosin with 1 shot. 

Got myself killed with the last one. Since then I quited testing the weapons for internal rounds and just click on empty when I find one

16 minutes ago, exwoll said:

It weren't mag weapons. As far as I remember it was a sporter with no mag, an izh rifle, and a mosin with 1 shot. 

Got myself killed with the last one. Since then I quited testing the weapons for internal rounds and just click on empty when I find one

In case you are right that’s probably a gun left by a player (or a bug). If you have chamber a weapon, after the server restart that weapons could still be in the town with the ammo inside. I have never seen a no mag weapons with ammo inside (2.5k hours) and devs have been clear that they just add random ammo inside mag weapons or just inside individual mags.

I hope you are right but I’m positive this kind of situations are not intentional from devs.

Weird :/. Because I'm totally sure a couple of those were right after server restarts. 

However I can't be sure if someone was there a couple of minutes before me 

• Like 1

Devs already mentioned adding this. Idk which stable news report it was but they did say it was being added later on.

• Like 1