Sign in to follow this  
Joeymac

Why don't they release it for Xbox already

They should release it its just like steam and they can get better feedbacks and they can start out 0.60 alpha for the Xbox or lower just saying I'm getting tired of them staying they are working on it :p

2 minutes ago, Joeymac said:

They should release it its just like steam and they can get better feedbacks and they can start out 0.60 alpha for the Xbox or lower just saying I'm getting tired of them staying they are working on it :p

If we're this much slow with development for PC, what do you think, where do we stand with XBOX? And why would you want to have game that isn't even released to be on multiple platforms, like all other released games? That'd be very un-moral act by the devs, as it would seem like they are seeking for more money.

Also, I'm pretty sure there'd be diffrent servers for XBOX and PC, since there's absolutely no way you can match computer's aiming controlls and etc.

• Like 1

True but you got games on steam that are not done and in alpha same with Xbox there in alpha... like ARK came out on steam then went to Xbox made more money and better feedback 

Smaller development group.  They cannot spread out their resources to be working on two different platforms.  Think development is slow?  Imagine the team split in half

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Like 1

Joey.. be patient. The entire reason BI created a new engine, and pulled a full restart on dayz is the platfom market. 

Your wait will be rewarded in spades. Trust me. It just may be a while yet. 

• Like 2

They been talking about console for years I no they worry about pc so much i get that but would it been easy to release like a alpha for Xbox like a 0.60 or lower 

7 hours ago, Joeymac said:

They been talking about console for years I no they worry about pc so much i get that but would it been easy to release like a alpha for Xbox like a 0.60 or lower 

I don't have any experience about making game on XBOX/PS or any other 'peasant' ( :D ) platform, but whoever, I'm only a little bit introduced to developing PC games, and I can tell you, it's HARD. And it won't be easy to implement DayZ on XBOX.

• Like 1

Easy and game development isn't really two words that should be used togheter.

If it was easy we'd be on 1.0 a year ago with Xbox and PS4 done.
Stuff takes time, waiting for it unfortunatly takes even longer, but we'll get there.

Truly I wish they weren't working on the XBONE or PS4 and would just put their full efforts into the PC version. By working on porting, it will likely detract from the progress made on PC 1.0 and both consumers' hype will have seriously diminished by release.

Just get us to 1.0 on PC and then they can start the port. That would give them more time to raise their scoring on online sites, allow people to make mods for it, and just be at a better place with the community. 

Am I the only one that is just like,  Shut up already, when it comes to these people that ask about the port every single day? Blah lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Espa said:

Truly I wish they weren't working on the XBONE or PS4 and would just put their full efforts into the PC version. By working on porting, it will likely detract from the progress made on PC 1.0 and both consumers' hype will have seriously diminished by release.

Just get us to 1.0 on PC and then they can start the port. That would give them more time to raise their scoring on online sites, allow people to make mods for it, and just be at a better place with the community. 

Am I the only one that is just like,  Shut up already, when it comes to these people that ask about the port every single day? Blah lol

If that were true..

DayZ would have been "done" a long time ago. Rocket would not have left when he did. The game never would have had a new engine.

The entire reason dayz is still in development.. again.. THE ENTIRE REASON DAYZ IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT: is they are making it viable for use on platform consoles. 

BI is not thick in the head. They didn't decide to pull their own hair out for no reason. They made the best business choice for their IP and for their company: follow the money.

This entire process is one giant port. The don't care about PC reviews. They know once this game drops on the platform market, DayZ will rake in more money than anyone thought possible.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

If that were true..

DayZ would have been "done" a long time ago. Rocket would not have left when he did. The game never would have had a new engine.

The entire reason dayz is still in development.. again.. THE ENTIRE REASON DAYZ IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT: is they are making it viable for use on platform consoles. 

BI is not thick in the head. They didn't decide to pull their own hair out for no reason. They made the best business choice for their IP and for their company: follow the money.

This entire process is one giant port. The don't care about PC reviews. They know once this game drops on the platform market, DayZ will rake in more money than anyone thought possible.

I would like to think that their business methods and direction were for more than just porting, and I do see the money involved in such a successful venture, but that rubs me the wrong way that they would take so much time out of their roadmaps to deliver to a host of gamers that haven't been waiting for years for their product. . 

I mean, currently DayZ is 35$ on Steam in it's Alpha state -- Do they expect to pump out a full 59.99$ console game soon? I really doubt it. . This development just punishes everyone by pushing away release further and further. I could see .63 happening around the end of the year, with 1.0 maybe a year further than that (Cautiously positive) - With Console porting perhaps a few months after that. I mean, if BI wanted to rake in some cash with their works, why did they not port Arma 3 to Consoles? It would have done exceptionally well AND they already have the product. .

Like I usually say, this just looks like another example of All-Eggs-In-One-Basket that the Devs seem to follow. 

Edited by Espa

19 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

If that were true..

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. The reason DayZ is still in development is because they are making a new engine. You might have heard of it, it's called Enfusion. Made for the new generation of BI games... 

It has nothing to do with consoles. The devs have even said they are barely working on console port because they want to get the PC version as good as possible first.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Espa said:

I would like to think that their business methods and direction were for more than just porting, and I do see the money involved in such a successful venture, but that rubs me the wrong way that they would take so much time out of their roadmaps to deliver to a host of gamers that haven't been waiting for years for their product. . 

I mean, currently DayZ is 35$ on Steam in it's Alpha state -- Do they expect to pump out a full 59.99$ console game soon? I really doubt it. . This development just punishes everyone by pushing away release further and further. I could see .63 happening around the end of the year, with 1.0 maybe a year further than that (Cautiously positive) - With Console porting perhaps a few months after that. I mean, if BI wanted to rake in some cash with their works, why did they not port Arma 3 to Consoles? It would have done exceptionally well AND they already have the product. .

Like I usually say, this just looks like another example of All-Eggs-In-One-Basket that the Devs seem to follow. 

Its human nature to be distracted by the immediate and not notice the long term.

See, instead of being upset that BI took all this time to make dayz viable on consoles.. look at it like this:

BI wanted to give ALL players the best game possible.

One way of doing that was to port it to consoles. It allowed them the time to truly perfect the game, instead of just throwing a bunch of features at the game and releasing it back to the modding community (which was their initial plan basically) 

Hell here is a quote from Brain Hicks:

"The PC is our flagship platform for DayZ. That is where 99 per cent of our development resources are focused. And while there was a lot of push from Sony and Microsoft to get up on their stages and say 'yes, we're coming', our focus has been exclusively (I want to say exclusively because there's about a one per cent development resource trying to keep those platforms at a point at which, once we get to our beta and our bug fixing, we can start pushing forward on that) on the PC. We can't really move DayZ over to these platforms, at least on a playable level for consumers, until the base engine, Enfusion, is complete. Or if not complete, feature-complete so to speak - the core tech is there."

source - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-20-is-dayz-still-coming-out-on-console-and-you-know-wth-is-going-on

With this speed if the dev team split up we would have a real apocalypse happen before this game gets released, HELL NO

Edited by yazar8

3 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

That is the rudest comment on this thread. Thanks for showing your true colors.

Now go out and have an amazing day!

14 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

That is the rudest comment on this thread. Thanks for showing your true colors.

Now go out and have an amazing day!

What can I say. I speak from the heart. 

I too hope you have a good day and I hope you have learnt something.

Edited by OliverPlotTwist

12 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

hope you have learnt something.

I have learned nothing. 

26 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

Here is a quote from Brain Hicks:

"The PC is our flagship platform for DayZ. Flagship: initial, first, most important thing owned by an entity/organization. Brain stated that the PC is the initial and most important platform for DayZ. 

That is where 99 per cent of our development resources are focused. Brian openly admits there are current resources working on a console version of DayZ. 

And while there was a lot of push from Sony and Microsoft to get up on their stages and say 'yes, we're coming', our focus has been exclusively on the PC. Sony and MS pushed to get DayZ. All of this adds up. Keep reading.

We can't really move DayZ over to these platforms, at least on a playable level for consumers, until the base engine, Enfusion, is complete. Here is direct proof. DayZ is being made for consoles. They need to add enfusion first, for that to happen.

Or if not complete, feature-complete so to speak - the core tech is there." Early Access release on consoles. 

Now why would they create a new engine for a game that is already made? An engine that curiously makes BI properties playable on console platforms. When has that ever happened in video game history? When have we heard similar comments from developers stating, "We are all about PC first. We PROMISE."? Why call that new engine "enfusion" if its solely for future properties? Seems like they knew they would be infusing it into their current IP's. Again, why would anyone do that? 

Arma and DayZ on Xbox and PS4.. along with obvious future BI releases. 

It is rather ironic that you provided me proof in your own retort. :)

1 hour ago, lrishjake said:

I have learned nothing. 

It is rather ironic that you provided me proof in your own retort. :)

sigh I really doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is development is taking long because of the Enfusion engine. It is true that the Enfusion engine will allow the devs to port the game to consoles but it is also true that Enfusion will allow the devs to improve the PC version of the game a significant amount. To such an extent that one of the devs have referenced the changed systems allowed by the new engine as a quote unquote "DayZ 2.0". 

Edited by OliverPlotTwist

The Enfusion Engine is a more advanced Enforce. It is easy to imagine that the Enfusion for BI will be a unique license engine. There have been so many Survival titles in the development since DayZ Mod. Many with quite different engines. And yet, hand on the heart, with all the titles missing the salt in the soup, they are partly graphically bombastic, but this is not enough, not even with basebau ... in most, the hipes are much steeper and also much Is shorter than this at DayZ. Whether DayZ also appears on console or not is only important from the aspect, if DayZ is synonymous in the console area a success, then BI wins with the Enfusion Engine the license race in the survival area for a considerable time.

Well to answer the question to your stupid topic title.  Because it's not ^%$#%*()#@ ready

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 10:57 PM, Joeymac said:

It's going to be a year or two before DayZ hits Xbox (or more). They cannot just magically whip up an xbox version, and even if they could the actual game is still unfinished; people would just buy it in order to complain that development isn't complete.

5 minutes ago, FlimFlamm said:

It's going to be a year or two before DayZ hits Xbox (or more). They cannot just magically whip up an xbox version, and even if they could the actual game is still unfinished; people would just buy it in order to complain that development isn't complete.

I bet one year is pretty spot on. :)

On 18.3.2017 at 2:57 AM, Joeymac said:

Its not gonna speed up the development of Dayz if u get more feedback. We know from statistics that u dont need huge number of ppl to infere something about the population (in this case the population is the game). They have enough feedback as it is to make good decisions in regards to planning and devlopment of the game.

So just getting more feedback isnt gonna make things go faster. A bigger devteam would make things go faster. But thats go nothing to do with releasing the game on Xbox.

In fact I think it would only slow things down. U just need to move resources to releasing it on Xbox.

Edited by svisketyggeren