We have something new on Experimental branch today:

• slight improvements in vehicle and throwing physics
  • fix for animals stuck in animation after dying

Feel free to test it :).

And happy St. Patrick's DayZ to all!

17358538_1381924958537719_33502120745391

• Like 12

Oh yay, Friday update! More stuff for the cars is always good :D 

Small thing, but is there any fix to Gas Lamps and other items not giving off their light when turned on? I've tried over the last few months and the light emitted from the devices can only be seen if you're at an angle and distance away. 

Also, for those old enough, have a Guinness on me! Cheers <3

Edited by Espa

12 minutes ago, Espa said:

Oh yay, Friday update! More stuff for the cars is always good :D 

Small thing, but is there any fix to Gas Lamps and other items not giving off their light when turned on? I've tried over the last few months and the light emitted from the devices can only be seen if you're at an angle and distance away. 

Also, for those old enough, have a Guinness on me! Cheers <3

Yea this is been happening since the dynamic shadows update was added.

Seems like the object is obscuring the light source inside the item.

Also IMPROVED THROWING PHYSICS?! I GOTTA SEE THIS FOR MYSELF.

EDIT: Hmm after some throwing tests, it does seem like they collide with the ground better. I was still able to throw my sledgehammer full force whilst looking all the way down through the ground so rip sledgehammer.

Will test vehicle physics when i find one.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 2

Slight improvments to vehicles, what does that mean? FPS drop fix, rubber banding fix, memory leak fix?

23 minutes ago, Frantixx said:

Slight improvments to vehicles, what does that mean? FPS drop fix, rubber banding fix, memory leak fix?

I'm guessing the update is to the general physics involved with driving (how the vehicle physics interact with map physics/geometry perhaps) which can in turn effect most aspects of vehicle performance.

That is a guess though.....

• Like 1

Qtkhu1g.jpg

I have succeeded in destroying 2 vehicles in short order while stressing nearly every element of physics during driving and crashing into other vehicles and map elements.

First I found this sedan and drove it for a while getting a feel for the how it handled.

pa4OHjK.jpg

The shifting seemed a little more responsive and the acceleration and traction seemed improved.

I did not get the sedan into 4th gear at this point and was merely eh, experimenting.

As luck would have it, I came upon this 4x4; and the 1 man demolition derby was on!

jr5sYtx.jpg

I proceeded to ram the sedan into a heavy fence with the 4x4 until it looked completely bombed out and then kept ramming it in an effort to kill the 4x4 against the sedan.

YyzxPbO.jpg

The 4x4 was able to crawl up on the sedan rather easily like a tiny monster truck, crushing, spinning, flipping, and bashing it but the 4x4 wouldn't die.

Eventually, I ran the sedan up a tree, or fence, or maybe it;s stuck in the sky somehow, I dunno, pretty sure it's kaput.

rdYR2RZ.jpg

I still had this problem of a functioning 4x4 so I found a suitably enormous tree and it took 2 rams, the last being quite hard, to kill the engine on impact.

By this time I had all of the infected in the area chasing my car so I jumped out and made a wide circle to take this last pic.

CaSUHJI.jpg

I hope you devs got the data you need. I had a bit of fun getting it for you. :)

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 7

Maybe the physics changes have had an effect on the AI.  Several times I saw zombies/wolves/deer up in the air on today's patch:

• Like 4

Small question that could be out of topic..

Any plan to add a handbrake on vehicle, like Arma3 ? That could fun :p

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

Maybe the physics changes have had an effect on the AI.  Several times I saw zombies/wolves/deer up in the air on today's patch:

Reveal hidden contents

Nah, it's intended. We're going to december slowly so they put the flying reindeer already in.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2017 at 1:13 PM, Baty Alquawen said:

slight improvements in vehicle and throwing physics

I'm having a persistent issue with vehicles where if I travel over severely un-even terrain (a fence corner, rocks, etc...) there is a chance that my vehicle gets thrown up into the air. Once in the air, it keeps fluttering and bouncing around in a very violent manner like some sort of drunken butterfly.

It lasts for an uncomfortably long period of time and usually ends with a broke or stuck vehicle once it popcorns itself into a stuck position.

I normally play on servers with 60 ping or lower (northeast 01 experimental/unstable mostly) and there is usually only 1 or 2 other people connected when I'm playing.

In wondering about how or why this bug works, it seems part of the problem could be network related (example: desync corrections might be lagging too far behind client side processes, which causes jerking back and fourth between vehicle coordinates as vehicle position corrects and re-corrects for desync in a looping fashion). If this is the case then while network optimizations might marginalize the prevalence of this unwanted behavior it will still be a vulnerability when network loads are heightened.

It could also be strictly a "physics" thing (anyone got knowledge of how this is programmed?) which would be good news IMO, because I reckon altering vehicle simulation code is inherently more feasible than pushing the upper limits of network optimization and lag/desync reduction.

Even though I play on low populated and low-ish ping servers and see this issue, I would still bet that this issue is caused by insufficient ping/network strength and or anti-desync measures because I doubt that the devs would have been satisfied with the prevalence of this behavior in an offline environment. It would be wonderful if it was something so simple as not properly handling Z coordinate changes when correcting for de-sync, but I'm guessing that such luck levels are far beyond our station.

Is this issue prevalent for anyone else? For me it happens in all types of vehicles in multiple situations...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, korzhyk said:

Yay! Nothing new! Again...

Yay! Another douchebag! Again...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

Are we far away from the graphic dense forest update? 

Not sure yet, but we'll hear more on Tuesday on the new Status Report. I expect they'll be putting it on Exp either this coming week or some time next month. 

Not 100% certain but we saw a new HUD and what looked to be the new Stamina bar in the last video, which could redefine gameplay. 

Have anyone experienced a car falling through the ground?

On 3/17/2017 at 8:29 PM, sanguine00 said:

Hide contents

Is that you, Santa? :)

We are investigating this issue now. 

On 3/17/2017 at 8:29 PM, sanguine00 said:
On 3/17/2017 at 9:45 PM, FRAkira123 said:

Small question that could be out of topic..

Any plan to add a handbrake on vehicle, like Arma3 ? That could fun :p

14 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

Are we far away from the graphic dense forest update? 

This thread is for EXP update. I can not answer these questions, keep an eye out for Status Reports :).

Thank you all for feedback, beans for everyone!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Have anyone experienced a car falling through the ground?

I did in the current build when driving Northbound in the woods towards the Far West evacuation checkpoint.  I hit a rough patch, started spinning in the air, and fell through the ground.  I re-logged without exiting the vehicle and spawned in near where the vehicle disappeared.

When I get home from work I can check to see if I Shadowplay'd it, but I don't believe I did. :/

• Like 1

I had an accident today with a Lada ... came then only under the ground to stand. The physics with throwing objects is really better, with Apple and Caned Food sampled, it really rolls down the mountain really well. Vehicles do not seem to take any falling damage. With a V3S tested in the quarry of Svetlo ... only collision with a tree brought the vehicle death.

Edit: throwing a gun (1911 pistol) was funny ... no matter how and where thrown ... she always hovered about 1m above the ground, lying down worked well, there she lay on the ground, only the throw was different.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

Well I got a bunch of stuff and packed it into a backpack and stashed it in the middle of no where in between two trees and logged off and logged back in the next day and backpack was gone. I guess SC 0-6 has persistence off or something? That is going to make it very hard to gather stuff. Hmm maybe I will switch servers and do a test backpack with garbage. There was five zombies in NW Airfield and I opened fire with an ak-74 and by the time I had finished, there was a pile of zombie bodies that created a small wall and I spent five minutes going through them and standing in them, eating cans of food and dragging ammo into my backpack. Flying cows and just now I heard wolves and they closed in and they were nowhere and ripping me apart and I finally noticed they were In the tops of the trees above me and I couldn't get an angle to shoot them cause they were straight up circling me. I ran and spun and got a few and ran and spun until they gave up and ran off. Yes, some ruined gear. I suppose I should change my strategy and let a zombie bite me so I can hang around and moan and eat passing survivors.

1 hour ago, Excanto said:

Well I got a bunch of stuff and packed it into a backpack and stashed it in the middle of no where in between two trees and logged off and logged back in the next day and backpack was gone. I guess SC 0-6 has persistence off or something? That is going to make it very hard to gather stuff. Hmm maybe I will switch servers and do a test backpack with garbage. There was five zombies in NW Airfield and I opened fire with an ak-74 and by the time I had finished, there was a pile of zombie bodies that created a small wall and I spent five minutes going through them and standing in them, eating cans of food and dragging ammo into my backpack. Flying cows and just now I heard wolves and they closed in and they were nowhere and ripping me apart and I finally noticed they were In the tops of the trees above me and I couldn't get an angle to shoot them cause they were straight up circling me. I ran and spun and got a few and ran and spun until they gave up and ran off. Yes, some ruined gear. I suppose I should change my strategy and let a zombie bite me so I can hang around and moan and eat passing survivors.

Backpacks are only persistent for 4 hours, except for the crafted ones which are 30 minutes I believe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IMT said:

Backpacks are only persistent for 4 hours, except for the crafted ones which are 30 minutes I believe.

Right.

To my knowledge, all exp servers are on persistence OFF

In any case, it was with everyone I was on
(3-4 UK server)

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 4:07 AM, Sqeezorz said:

Right.

To my knowledge, all exp servers are on persistence OFF

In any case, it was with everyone I was on
(3-4 UK server)

I play on Northeast 01 and it persistence is definitely on for tents and barrels. Not for vehicles though...

• Like 2

the Bus is not destroyable...  Play on AUS 1pp with 380 Ping ... very often triple Rubberbandings. 

Crash the Bus  with full Speed (60) more to 10x into differend objects.. never goes down.  the Bus have a traction like as Lada, you can climbing up the mountains like a slow Spider ^^.  i have never Gamecrash in 1 h. Play...  make this the high Ping ?  on better Ping Servers, after more to 30min. drive a Vehicle, everytime one Gamecrash.

(after AUS go to UK and test a Lada Crash, Fullspeed into a Tree and the Car are totaly ruined with one Run )

Edited by Sqeezorz

15 hours ago, FlimFlamm said:

I play on Northeast 01 and it persistence is definitely on for tents and barrels. Not for vehicles though...

It should be like this. :)

• Like 1

I am closing this thread because of new Experimental update.

• Like 4