Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.138260

Hello Experimental players!

We've just deployed a small Experimental branch update with much requested tweaks to persistence behavior of destroyed vehicles. 
The goal here is to prevent destroyed vehicles from blocking the spawns of new ones. 

Thanks everyone for reporting the issue to us - let us know how the tweaks work please, and thanks for playing on Experimental servers :).

• Like 15

4 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

So the goal for this patch: Break vehicles! Sounds fun :D

Beans for you, sir!

• Like 3

Awesome news :) Glad to see cars are getting the attention they need! 

Question: Have you guys begun any work/plan to on a visual damaged state for the vehicles? Busted front ends, smoking engines, blown up states, etc.. 

I know that would definitely add to realism, but the iteration might be hard? :o

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

We've just deployed a small Experimental branch update with much requested tweaks to persistence behavior of destroyed vehicles. 
The goal here is to prevent destroyed vehicles from blocking the spawns of new ones. 

Thanks everyone for reporting the issue to us - let us know how the tweaks work please, and thanks for playing on Experimental servers :).

Does this mean that non-destroyed vehicles (the ones which don't start even if you replace the battery and plug) will stay? Wouldn't this mean that there will be 1.000 vehicles wrecked across Chernarus after a while?

Nonetheless, great update, thank you!

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

They do drive pretty well now at least on road tested a Lada from Dubrovka Via Severograd to NWAirfield crashed a bus on the way at 50 km/h still goes front tires are gone.... So made it to NWAirfield from Petrovka off road where the electric poles are going up drives great...Also crashed it off course at near 100km/h into a wall at nwa tents i survived with a ruined shirt but the Lada didnt ;( i will miss her

I found a bus on the side of the road and thought I might use my last grenade and some magnum rounds to destroy it.

Driving it up on a hill, I hoped to be far enough away from the infected so that my work could go undisturbed.

wo3aK0J.jpg

I figured dropping it on the engine was a good start.

5wifdD8.jpg

In an effort to get a cool screenshot I did not respect the blast radius of the grenade and paid the ultimate price for this pic....

s6ZHwyX.jpg

I hope this killed the bus along with me, otherwise I hope someone finds it, and finishes it off.

I'll probably try to get back to it before the server restart.

*sigh*

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

What behavior should we be looking for, exactly?  I normally wouldn't ask, but there's potentially a lot of time involved when observing this behavior, so letting us know what it *should* be would be a huge help.

Mainly: separating the vehicle statuses into "operable", "wrecked" and "destroyed" categories:

• What is the inactivity timer for the despawn of an "operable" vehicle?
  • What is the inactivity timer for the despawn of a "wrecked" vehicle (same as operable?)?
  • How long should it take for a "destroyed" vehicle to despawn?

Thanks for the update!

• Like 2

@☣BioHaze☣

A honorable death in the name of social science

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 6

Will jump in a little later on! Looking forward to test out destroying vehicles... ;) (And driving them of course.)

@☣BioHaze☣

At least you got a sweet screenshot!! 

P.S.: The sigs are back!! :D Saw them come back to life right before my eyes!! lol

• Like 1

^You have one of my all time favorite signature @odin_lowe, glad to see it back.

And, thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spawned back in near the ski lifts and almost immediately had to seek shelter from the rain.

Though hungry and thirsty I knew that if I stayed in one place (literally) I could likely ride out the storm without starving.

After a good long while vaping and poking my phone, the rain finally backed off, but almost as soon as it abated it returned, soaking me on the way to Kamishovo.

Here I found some of the food I needed and built a fire just in time to save my sorry ass.

Police station was empty and I quickly headed North guided by my shiny new compass, not stopping to strip loot, trying to save time to get back to the bus up North.

After eating a milk pouch and downing well water I was still in need of some more supplies so I popped into another town on my way North who's police station was also 100% empty.

In an hour and a half I was severely hampered by the elements so I never reached the bus.... now with only a short while before restart it is futile.

I hope you all crashed, smashed, exploded, shot and, dove many a vehicle into ruination!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ShortStop (DayZ) said:

Can not Join servers till they are up dated :(

Verify integrity of game files, please.

18 hours ago, IMT said:

Does this mean that non-destroyed vehicles (the ones which don't start even if you replace the battery and plug) will stay? Wouldn't this mean that there will be 1.000 vehicles wrecked across Chernarus after a while?

Nonetheless, great update, thank you!

It is needed to destroy an engine for despawn. Everything else can be replaced by new parts.

14 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

What behavior should we be looking for, exactly?  I normally wouldn't ask, but there's potentially a lot of time involved when observing this behavior, so letting us know what it *should* be would be a huge help.

Mainly: separating the vehicle statuses into "operable", "wrecked" and "destroyed" categories:

• What is the inactivity timer for the despawn of a "wrecked" vehicle (same as operable?)?

Thanks for the update!

- Persistence is disabled on EXP servers. Vehicles are despawned by server restart.

I can not answer these questions, because I don't want to give an accurate data. 

Just destroy an engine and leave car for few minutes, thank you :).

15 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I found a bus on the side of the road and thought I might use my last grenade and some magnum rounds to destroy it.

Driving it up on a hill, I hoped to be far enough away from the infected so that my work could go undisturbed.

Hide contents

wo3aK0J.jpg

I figured dropping it on the engine was a good start.

Hide contents

5wifdD8.jpg

In an effort to get a cool screenshot I did not respect the blast radius of the grenade and paid the ultimate price for this pic....

Hide contents

s6ZHwyX.jpg

I hope this killed the bus along with me, otherwise I hope someone finds it, and finishes it off.

I'll probably try to get back to it before the server restart.

*sigh*

You died for good thing. For the science. For the better future!

• Like 3

Verify integrity of game files, please.

It is needed to destroy an engine for despawn. Everything else can be replaced.

Just destroy an engine and leave car for few minutes, thank you :).

Hmmm that seems to be the case , but when the car gets into a "crashed state" and the battery or spark plug is ruined along with it, the car will never despawn unless the engine block is totally destroyed , not a good thing in a patch where grenades and lots of ammo is rare as fuck ! Can the devs develop some clean up method for cars that have been crashed and sit in the same place for hours / days ? 

Edited by blackberrygoo
Words

27 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Hmmm that seems to be the case , but when the car gets into a "crashed state" and the battery or spark plug is ruined along with it, the car will never despawn unless the engine block is totally destroyed , not a good thing in a patch where grenades and lots of ammo is rare as fuck ! Can the devs develop some clean up method for cars that have been crashed and sit in the same place for hours / days ? 

If the vehicle has "crashed" with its engine still functioning but all other parts damaged, it should still be repairable and shouldn't be cleaned up tbh.

I like the fact that you could come across a crashed vehicle (probably due to some idiot :P) on the side of the road and be able to fix it.

It is needed to destroy an engine for despawn. Everything else can be replaced by new parts.

So when you say "destroyed engine" are you referring to when a vehicle has been *completely* destroyed, changes to the "ruined" texture and is no longer able to be interacted with (inventory doors, etc)?  Or are you talking about when the vehicle just shuts down and cannot be repaired, but you can still manipulate its inventory?

Edited by sanguine00
  • Like 1

New update guys. I am closing this thread.

• Like 2