Sign in to follow this  
Aj Edwards

2 Hours into the game.. I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS

So, I bought the standalone a few days ago but didn't get to play until now. Oh. My. God. 2 Hours into the game and I have murdered 3 people, met two nice people, we killed someone we saved, ate them, laughed and joked about it, and killed myself with a rag. Holy hell. Okay, but my question is.. what about base building? Do you craft foundations, walls, etc. like JS? Again, sorry for the dweeb ass question, but I'm new as hell to this game. I saw the ad where one of the toons killed herself and I went "Oh god I have to have it" But yeh.. how to I go about building my base? 

• Like 2

Hey AJ

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you are having a blast, awesome! There is many new and exciting adventures to be had your way. 

There is no base building as of yet but you can make your own stash/camp by finding some barrels &/or tents and finding somewhere nice to setup. Bit more info here.

I would like to know how this mechanics are going in terms of development.
We did not have anymore info regarding all this stuff.

This video was from 2015 and Base building is one of the more cool things that are coming, give us an state update please??

-It is posponed until other features are finished?

-Is the team working on parallel for implementing this mechanic or it is just postponed until new animation system is in?

-Can we have a sneak peak? ;)

55 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

This video was from 2015 and Base building is one of the more cool things that are coming, give us an state update please??

-Is the team working on parallel for implementing this mechanic or it is just postponed until new animation system is in?

They probably don't want to state much about this as their current goals as of now is to get .63 and the new anim/player controller system implemented. And there seems to be no information regarding what will come after .63. (Hopefully they can do a sound overhaul)

But i have no doubt that we'll eventually touch on this before 1.0 hits.

• Like 1

They haven't posted any details that I'm aware of since that video but if i were to guess I'd say have a look at Take On mars for a possible object placement system. It was being developed at the same time and now released, with teething problems, maybe why we're not hearing any more about base building? 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

https://trello.com/c/4QopquMU

:)

Just now, EdStaffordZombie said:

Indeed that tower models look nice but I would like to know about mechanics.

Well.. from you answer I can understand that it is yet not being deeply worked on (In terms of mechanics).
I need a fresh Hype! :D

Well, I cant provide that, at the moment, but as with lots of upcoming features theyre on the to do list :)

Just now, OrLoK said:

Well, I cant provide that, at the moment, but as with lots of upcoming features theyre on the to do list :)

I can understand it m8
Thanks for the reply btw! :)

• Like 1

Wasn't there a vid about tent placements a while back? I'd imagine something similar would be used. I'll take a snoop and see if I find it.

Could be changed ofc.

Edited by Gobbokirk
Found it!

1 hour ago, Gobbokirk said:

Wasn't there a vid about tent placements a while back? I'd imagine something similar would be used. I'll take a snoop and see if I find it.

Could be changed ofc.

I believe placement is working as Intended, but i could be wrong as usual. I remember they said it was being worked on, but now i see it only placed on flat ground. So maybe it is finalized for beta? i don't know honestly anymore.

Just now, sneakydude said:

I believe placement is working as Intended, but i could be wrong as usual. I remember they said it was being worked on, but now i see it only placed on flat ground. So maybe it is finalized for beta? i don't know honestly anymore.

I would guess placed on hold until the rest of the engine parts are in.
Looking forward to see what they have in mind though.

Just now, Gobbokirk said:

I would guess placed on hold until the rest of the engine parts are in.
Looking forward to see what they have in mind though.

Oh character controller you mean?

But you could be correct on hold. Maybe the base building is on hold too? Until cars are fixed and controller is put in.

Just now, sneakydude said:

Oh character controller you mean?

But you could be correct on hold. Maybe the base building is on hold too? Until cars are fixed and controller is put in.

Player controller/animations and what ever else I cant think of right now. Just like the guns and other vehicles are waiting for beta, makes sense that this would be part of that.

Should save them some double workload hopefully. Devs with strokes don't work as hard as healthy devs :)