Sign in to follow this  
NickNasty6

New map on Official release?

Any new official maps expected?     (No, not really interested in Modder released maps with 90% unenterable buildings.)

Tanoa would be great on DayZ standalone. 

Throughout testing and playing up to 1,000 hours on DayZ SA/Mod  I feel as if I mastered Chernaurus.  Hardly any terrain has went undiscovered.  Most players with similar hours have done the same to the point where a map or compass is no longer needed at all. To not burn myself out I quit playing after a month of .61 .    Personally no amount of map changes or new forest density to Chernaurus+ can bring back the feeling I had in those first 600 hours or so of being potentially lost/being so far out that I am in danger of starving or thirsting to death.    

a new 2nd option with new climates would be incredible...     

• Like 1

On Release?  No.

Back when Rocket was still on board he stated he wanted to do more Urban, Western Map along the lines of London AFTER DayZ hits 1.0.  He's long gone and there hasn't been any official mention of maps outside of modder made, so unless one of the Devs are fooling around with the Map Maker on their own time I doubt we'll see a new map on Release.

I'd be interested in hearing from the devs on this too. When you know the map like the back of your hand it really diminishes the challenge of survival and the fun of exploration.

• Like 1

You didn't honestly just ask for more before you finished your plate...? Did you?

In all seriousness.. the answer is NO. There will not be a new map on "release". If you were keeping up with the development of this game, which you should if you're here and its still in EA, then you would know that they are still trying to finish Chernarus. In fact, there is still a lot of work to do just in that department. So please do not expect new things, when all they have been trying to do for the past several years is to simply finish what they started. 

Bright new shiny things will come. And if you knew who some of the "modders" out there were, I think you would have more faith in what is to come with modding in dayz.

• Like 2

It's more like he asked if the main course will be any different or if it'll just be yet more bread and butter.

Chernarus provides a solid platform to test on, I'm just not sure what Chernarus+ achieves that an entirely new map couldn't. Lord knows a new map would be welcome by all.