Sign in to follow this  
Aim-iliO

Will there be reserved slots again?

Its a pain in the ass to have to wait on your own server or on the server you are working for for 20-40 minutes only to get in and the game crashes. This can sometimes happen 2-4 times in a row. If it was not the server I am in charge of, I just would try my luck on a different one. 

So, when can we expect to have working reserved slots?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

I certainly hope not. Reserved slots were shit.

I don't ever remember reserved slots. Unless I'm not understanding something?

10 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I don't ever remember reserved slots. Unless I'm not understanding something?

I can't tell you how many times my clanmates and I got kicked from a server so the owners buddies could play.

Maybe not de jure reserved slots, but certainly de facto

The reserved slots worked till 0.60 . And no. Noone got kicked by reserved slots. Wo is saying that does not know how they work. The reserved slots are just keeping for example a 60 slots server to 58 and 2 slots will stay empty till someone who is in a list of reserved slots accesses it. If the 2 slots are filled, the other owners of reserved slots had to wait, till someone leaves the server (or gets manualy kicked by an admin). Oldschooldayz had reserved slots and they never kicked someone for and Owner of reserved slots. I cant belive that the stuff which worked before will not be back in.

21 hours ago, Aim-iliO said:

The reserved slots worked till 0.60 . And no. Noone got kicked by reserved slots. Wo is saying that does not know how they work. The reserved slots are just keeping for example a 60 slots server to 58 and 2 slots will stay empty till someone who is in a list of reserved slots accesses it. If the 2 slots are filled, the other owners of reserved slots had to wait, till someone leaves the server (or gets manualy kicked by an admin). Oldschooldayz had reserved slots and they never kicked someone for and Owner of reserved slots. I cant belive that the stuff which worked before will not be back in.

There has never been reserved slots in DayZ Standalone. I know because I asked MPGS staff when I first started renting from them as they had that as part of their server package details 2 years ago. Senior tech staff said they didn't have the technology yet and Hicks recently said it won't happen until modding. Only way I see anybody having reserved slots is if they were running 'unofficial' SA servers. I run 3 servers that have spanned 3 different GSP's (Gameservers (pre-private shard), Fragnet, Multiplay Gameservers) since the day private shards were available.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)