Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.61.138043

Hello Survivors,

We are pushing out 0.61.138043 from Experimental to Stable branch.

What is new?

• fix of damage issues (headshots, infected)
  • server version is now displayed in chat upon server connection
  • tweaked ghillie suit heat values
  • fix for the bodies of unconscious players who exit the game disappearing

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

No character or persistence wipe.

We have a thread for vehicles HERE, feel free to share your experience with us.

Do you have a game crash? We would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our feedback tracker. By submitting those files, you can help us to solve game crash issues. It is really important.

If you find some bugs let us know on our Feedback Tracker. Thank you!

• Like 8

Thanks Baty!

So glad the ghillie heat values have changed. Could you possibly shed some more light on this? I would like to be able to roam the map in a full suit however before this update I could only last 5 minutes before getting "My face is melting" and dying shortly after.

In what way were they tweaked? Will I be able to wear a ghillie suit WITH clothes and survive whilst roaming? 

Thanks

EDIT: Will I also be able to wear a ghillie suit without needing to get drenched before going anywhere? If you could elaborate on the tweak that would be great. Wouldn't want to full kit myself again just to drop dead after a few minutes.

Edited by Tazhar

18 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Damage issues (headshots, infected)
tweaked ghillie suit heat values

Thanks for the update! May I asked were the ghillie heat values changed upwards or downwards, and what changed with infected damage?

2 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

What is new?

• fix for the bodies of unconscious players who exit the game disappearing

Thanks!! finally!!

3 hours ago, Tazhar said:

Thanks Baty!

So glad the ghillie heat values have changed. Could you possibly shed some more light on this? I would like to be able to roam the map in a full suit however before this update I could only last 5 minutes before getting "My face is melting" and dying shortly after.

In what way were they tweaked? Will I be able to wear a ghillie suit WITH clothes and survive whilst roaming? 

Thanks

EDIT: Will I also be able to wear a ghillie suit without needing to get drenched before going anywhere? If you could elaborate on the tweak that would be great. Wouldn't want to full kit myself again just to drop dead after a few minutes.

Baty?

56 minutes ago, Tazhar said:

Baty?

Yes, Baty Alquawen is the Community Manager.

Thanks for your intelligent remark, however myself, and most forum members already know that as it is listed under her name. 

I was actually just prompting for a response to my above question, that is clearly stated in the post, but hey, your comment made everything so much easier. Thanks!

Edited by Tazhar

FPS is shocking since this patch, Zelenegorsk is now at 12-17 fps on my system.  Previously at 45 fps+

980 Ti
6900K @ 4.4 (all cores / high power enabled)
32GB DDr4 @ 3000mhz
Game installed on Samsung 951 NVMe
Resolution - 3440x1440

Average FPS in Zele is around 15...

Anyone else able to test/verify and get the same results?  It is unplayable and choppy as shit

7 minutes ago, Falconevo said:

FPS is shocking since this patch, Zelenegorsk is now at 12-17 fps on my system.  Previously at 45 fps+

980 Ti
6900K @ 4.4 (all cores / high power enabled)
32GB DDr4 @ 3000mhz
Game installed on Samsung 951 NVMe
Resolution - 3440x1440

Average FPS in Zele is around 15...

Anyone else able to test/verify and get the same results?  It is unplayable and choppy as shit

That is strange. I'm getting the same fps as last patch.

My friend got some gamebreaking issues since the last patch. I got the same issue today with this patch.

Basically we got 1 fps, with sound shattering as well. 1 Frame and a piece of sound (like walking a step) - freeze and silence for half a second - sound + 1 frame again and so on.

This happend near the south airfield for me and for my friend in tisy. Relog, Restart of pc and even new installing of the game didnt help. 

The server were different each time, private, public, low population even high population. It didnt matter, I logged in, 1fps. 
I dont know if the vehicles are the problem but each time that occured, i saw either a bus or a trick nearby. But it did not occure immediately. I was running away in mid field.

System:

Nvidia GeForce GTC 1060 - latest drivers
Intelcore i5 6500
16 GB DDR4
MSI H170A PC Mate
Game on SSD
Win 10

Tried 64bit and 32bit client

Edited by Havrin

8 hours ago, Tazhar said:

Thanks Baty!

Thanks

this was answered in an exp update

On 3/1/2017 at 10:55 AM, Tatanko said:

2. In which direction were the values tweaked? Higher or lower insulation values? Any tweaks to absorbency?

EDIT: Do the changes to the Ghillie Suit affect all ghillie clothing items? In other words, are the Top, Bushrag, and Hood pieces also tweaked?

Thank you, Baty!

For anyone else who might be curious, I did a little digging. Here are the answers to my questions about the ghillie changes:

-Hood = unchanged
-Bushrag = unchanged
-Top = unchanged
-Suit = 50% of previous insulation value, no change to absorbency

• Like 2

please anyone see wild boar? last month found ZERO boar (only wolf,chicken,cow,doe)

The "bodies of unconscious players who exit the game disappearing" is still an issue on stable branch.

I just have 2 guys disappearing yesterday. One of them before i kill him , simply disappear the hole body but i can loot him. The other guy was unconscious and the body completely disappear after some seconds (no loot, no body, nothing).

Im going to try to upload the vid and post it (with the description) in the feedback tracker.

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 1:29 PM, Red_Ensign said:

are boars back yet? :-p

4 hours ago, jedimfp said:

please anyone see wild boar? last month found ZERO boar (only wolf,chicken,cow,doe)

No, they are not.

20 hours ago, Havrin said:

My friend got some gamebreaking issues since the last patch. I got the same issue today with this patch.

Can you please send EVERYTHING what you know about it to your Feedback Tracker, please?

1 hour ago, Asmondian said:

The "bodies of unconscious players who exit the game disappearing" is still an issue on stable branch.

I just have 2 guys disappearing yesterday. One of them before i kill him , simply disappear the hole body but i can loot him. The other guy was unconscious and the body completely disappear after some seconds (no loot, no body, nothing).

Im going to try to upload the vid and post it (with the description) in the feedback tracker.

Thank you for your report to the Feedback Tracker :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

No, they are not.

how about now?

• Like 1

Most beautiful backpack in the game,i really suffer. Please give us boar back :-)

Edited by jedimfp
  • Like 2

would be really nice if wolf pelts were tannable too.  killing them for meat alone is just gross because... well it's prettymuch dog.  and there's no spices in-game to fancy it up.

• Like 2

for the third time this past two weeks I lost my fully geared M4 thanks to missclicking my "Throw" button. Would be really nice if weapons like M4 didn't disappear instantly when thrown...

On 10-3-2017 at 7:29 AM, jedimfp said:

Most beautiful backpack in the game,i really suffer. Please give us boar back :-)

#MakeTheBoarGreatAgain

10 hours ago, Red_Ensign said:

would be really nice if wolf pelts were tannable too.  killing them for meat alone is just gross because... well it's prettymuch dog.  and there's no spices in-game to fancy it up.

Wait, what?! How do you know how dogs taste?

22 hours ago, IMT said:

Wait, what?! How do you know how dogs taste?

err... someone told me.

why no, I don't know where the neighbor's yappy dog went.

I played a few hours yesterday, still got regular "session lost" sometimes five to ten minutes at least on time I stayed in for an hour and a half. It's either smart phones in my house going on and off the wifi or or my crap internet hiccoughing. I'm sure this won't be a problem when I can finally play it on a lan with <5ms ping.

Ran around on the mostly empty DayZ TV 1pp, I wandered around getting my bearing, no map external map at all, and no compass most of the day, once I wandered into NEAF I didn't either anyway. The most players I saw was five but didn't encounter a soul, Saw Odin Lowe on for a few minutes.

Passed one seemingly complete bus but there were too may infected around it, going to try and find some wheels today.

I noticed some new spawn points for AI, they're present at the older highway checkpoints and the new military checkpoints now, thought it was stupid there being no infected around those new ones. They're still way too slow spawning in as far as I'm concerned scoped some small towns on approach, saw nothing, leave first house and have a half dozen around me, especially immersion breaking if the houses are out in the open with no woods or anything for them to have wandered from.   

Never had a game that I find myself missing when I don't play like this, was pouring rain here but had a real nice wander around sunny Chenarus yesterday.

• Like 4

On 8-3-2017 at 1:29 PM, Red_Ensign said:

are boars back yet? :-p

On 11-3-2017 at 2:15 PM, IMT said:

#MakeTheBoarGreatAgain

What is this sudden obsession with boars? Boars have not been in the game since .59. You guys have found something new to bitch about?

9 hours ago, Trnc84 said:

What is this sudden obsession with boars? Boars have not been in the game since .59. You guys have found something new to bitch about?

The obvious answer would be that people miss those boarskin backpacks.

It's already getting boring squadwiping herds of cows, in what we lovingly refer to as "The Beefening."

Wolf pelts are useless, at this point; and deer are as tedious as ever to hunt.  A little variety would be appreciated at this point, to keep things moving around.  I'm also curious as to why they were removed in the first place, along with goats and sheep.

Also, you might want to re-read your post and assess whether that last sentence could have been worded differently.  There is a certain culture around here that tends to forfend abusive/inflammatory posts.  Yours seems kinda borderline.  Good luck.

• Like 2