Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Hidden Stash

bGphd4a.jpg

A lot of people don't know (or maybe forgot) about the hidden stash that's set to come out at some point. It's been a while since we were teased on Trello with it and in my opinion, the hidden stash is really going to change the game moreso that some of the other big ticket features.

It's pretty hard keeping gear stashed and safe. I for one am very curious on the capacity for this stash in particular. Feel free to take a guess!

It would be awesome if we could get a rough eta on this one.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 2

Same as Oil Barrel, only oriented horizontally. 

That is my best guess.. 

Looks like a person could fit inside...

I just hope it is persistent for a looooong time so we can expect hidden treasure hidden anywhere! (or buried skeletons)

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

A lot of these things are already in the game files but are probably partially finished, waiting for another system or has a different reason why it's not in yet.

I saw the model and it looks like it can be locked. It will probably have 48 slots but that might change of course.

• Like 1

I am wondering if these will be 1-2 months? or longer. 8 days seems rather small for something that is completely a permanent object in real life.

I do agree base building can get out of control, as seen in the lasted Conan PVE official servers.  But storage objects should not be a problem, because we will find them and strip them of their stuff.

So i would feel that a 30 day time frame or more should be acceptable, on Persistence servers.

Maybe we will get some modding tools soon enough?? and maybe introductions to modding server options so we can put in our inputs.

Hopefully these questions will be answered for us soon enough.

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

I am wondering if these will be 1-2 months? or longer.

So i would feel that a 30 day time frame or more should be acceptable, on Persistence servers.

Hopefully these questions will be answered for us soon enough.

I am hoping for no more than 30 days for any type of persistent objects without any interaction in that time frame.. the game just suffers too much if its not at least at that time frame. 

Ive seen the different dayz mods just get waaayyy too out of control, not to want a 30 day timer. If you dont touch for 30 days, poof!, should be the result in my opinion. 

Edited by lrishjake

12 hours ago, lrishjake said:

I am hoping for no more than 30 days for any type of persistent objects without any interaction in that time frame.. the game just suffers too much if its not at least at that time frame. 

Ive seen the different dayz mods just get waaayyy too out of control, not to want a 30 day timer. If you dont touch for 30 days, poof!, should be the result in my opinion. 

See that is what i am getting at the system suffers but it doesn't have to. We are rendering/reading each object within 100's of feet away, why do we have to at all until you open the lid, or flap as a container, then it reads everything to the client.

Would this help performance?

Otherwise i see your point bud, it is true if nobody opens and moves something to re save the items.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

See that is what i am getting at the system suffers but it doesn't have to. We are rendering/reading each object within 100's of feet away, why do we have to at all until you open the lid, or flap as a container, then it reads everything to the client.

Would this help performance?

Otherwise i see your point bud, it is true if nobody opens and moves something to re save the items.

Well, I wasnt talking performance. I was talking about the game in general.. if people have hoarded away goods, that they genuinely dont need (see: not touching for over 30 days) then what is the point of that? I see major issues with that, and remember tons of problems from the mods regarding long persistent timeframes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lrishjake said:

Well, I wasnt talking performance. I was talking about the game in general.. if people have hoarded away goods, that they genuinely dont need (see: not touching for over 30 days) then what is the point of that? I see major issues with that, and remember tons of problems from the mods regarding long persistent timeframes. 

Yeah, i was splitting your post in half there with performance, a whole new area. Do you think we would have this conversation if everyone stored stuff in the ground, barrels, bases, tents etc.. if it had 0 impact on you as the client or server?

Stashes have been known to be forgotten 10-20 years later, in a sealed tight barrel. Keeping the elements out of it. <-- as seen on the TV show Mountain Men. We know hikers find stashes, safe havens all over the place, but we do not have 500 of them in one mile sq either. People are afraid to lose objects, such as what we collect in game.

So yes i do agree a time frame should be added like 30 days if you don't touch it, it decays away. Otherwise if the system allowed lets say 5 stash points per person, and no decay, and had no client, or server issues and lasted 1-2 months afterwards. i don't believe we would be having this conversation, as it would be fun to search down these stashes. Not one of us would care then.

But since the current system is buggy, and you know where the stash is 400m around a tented area your client feels the "Bubble" It is not an exploit, but it is an issue if someone doesn't see the tent, but feels it by lag? Get my drift. Bug? no, coding changes? yes possible.

Either way decay for me is fine given a longer then 8 days time frame. If we have server options to allow this to be modded, changed and configured? i am happy with that per server rules.

• Like 1