Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.138043

Hello guys!

We have a fix for the bodies of unconscious players who exit the game disappearing.

If you want to test it on Experimental servers we will be happy.

Thank you and have a nice weekend! :)

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello guys!

We have a fix for the bodies of unconscious players who exit the game disappearing.

If you want to test it on Experimental servers we will be happy.

Thank you and have a nice weekend! :)

Time to get a pointy stick Kappa :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LazarusDayZ said:

How is the progress with the zombies pushing players into geometry bug?

Likely, you will have to wait 0.63 with the new engine parts to be merged in before this bug is squashed.

• Like 3

I've had 3x in succession a gamecrash with freeze from the whole system (only with Taskmanager and "tab" running processes it was possible to terminate Dayz32 / 64.exe, TS3 and everything else was frezze until Dayz was finished). I've noticed that it always occurs after driving a distance of about 25-30km. This appears with dayz 32 and also 64. (2x I was alone with 1x buddy, the server was low-pop). The car was 2x broken and 1x slightly damaged. Each crash point was after Frezze's client, a straight line to the next obstacle on the map. So it is in my opinion on the client. 1x was a crash after electric (just before rail-cross direction Cherno) 1x Balota center and 1x Valiobo in the forest direction west .. all crashes with a Lada (offroader).

With the bus I gave twice now tried to cross the rail crossings in Svetlojarsk. Without Evel Knievel Genetics not possible. Very sad the main route is not usable for the bus.

Yup.  It was getting pretty pointless testing vehicles without persistence.

It's okay though, all the bugs and game crashes followed us onto stable...

• Like 2

Assuming we get a SR today, I'd love to see what new things they have in store for us :D

Also. . Any confirmation that the new Animation System will affect and assist Vehicles/Use of Vehicles? I would like to think so

11 minutes ago, Espa said:

Assuming we get a SR today, I'd love to see what new things they have in store for us :D

Also. . Any confirmation that the new Animation System will affect and assist Vehicles/Use of Vehicles? I would like to think so

Coming tomorrow:

Edited by Gobbokirk
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

-Snip-

Thanks for the clarification :)

• Like 1

I cant play Dayz anymore, all this juddery crap when moving around is giving me a headache. So much for the new renderer giving better fps when i get judder instead. Must be the collision issues cuz it happens when close to objects but still get it when just running across open fields. This never used to happen on the same system im running. Arma 3 runs better for me than Dayz does.

1 hour ago, MyBraiNz said:

I cant play Dayz anymore, all this juddery crap when moving around is giving me a headache. So much for the new renderer giving better fps when i get judder instead. Must be the collision issues cuz it happens when close to objects but still get it when just running across open fields. This never used to happen on the same system im running. Arma 3 runs better for me than Dayz does.

As well it should.

That's a finished title.

Come back for .63 or later.

47 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

As well it should.

That's a finished title.

Come back for .63 or later.

Dayz actually ran better than Arma 3 for me not so long ago, something went wrong with the collision of objects cuz its terrible in buildings, especially when im close to objects like walls, or furniture.

So nobody else has these issues then?

On 3/7/2017 at 6:09 AM, sneakydude said:

Lots of tester support here.... guess everyone went to stable?

The regular testers shouldn't be the only ones providing the most feedback. Others need to step up and do more testing so that when the regulars leave then there will still be people providing feedback and testing instead of depending on a certain group of people to do it for them.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

The regular testers shouldn't be the only ones providing the most feedback. Others need to step up and do more testing so that when the regulars leave then there will still be people providing feedback and testing instead of depending on a certain group of people to do it for them.

As the status report pointed out, part of the problem is purely volume.

Feedback from play on mostly empty servers can only get them so much good data regarding server stress.

Stable is the new Experimental out of necessity.

....looks like 138043 is DayZ until at least Monday.

4 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

The problem is that .61 is pretty much out of steam when it comes to hype and flashiness. While the new additions have been a beautiful change for the game in general, there's still a truckload of bugs and issues that turn off casuals or new players. 

Now that cars are on Stable, why even go to the EXP servers? People aren't going to flood them with numbers if there is nothing at all new that a stable community won't have. It isn't as if testers are paid and when changes take as long as they do, it is way easy to get burnt out. 

I am sure that the Devs are feeling a pressure as the stats and reviews of DayZ are dipping into the lowest numbers. I want to hope for the success of DayZ, but sometimes I really think they put way too many eggs in one basket when they could all just focus on one thing to perfection at a time. There's no reason that cars shouldn't be driving well or that server performance shouldn't be stable and exceptionally playable this late in the game. 

A small irritation is that in the first SR of the year, Hicks stated that .62 would be starting 'the new year off well'. . But it's almost Q2 of 2017. By splitting the entire team into three groups, .61 Bug Squashers, .62 Visual-Audio, and the rest on .63 just doesn't seem smart. I'm not in the industry, but why wouldn't they just focus down these things and get them fixed asap. 

I don't have much hope .62 will hit Exp March.. And certainly not .63 till close to the end of the year. Unless they plan on just a super fat drop of content and are further along than believed. 

3 hours ago, Espa said:

The problem is that .61 is pretty much out of steam when it comes to hype and flashiness. While the new additions have been a beautiful change for the game in general, there's still a truckload of bugs and issues that turn off casuals or new players. 

Now that cars are on Stable, why even go to the EXP servers? People aren't going to flood them with numbers if there is nothing at all new that a stable community won't have. It isn't as if testers are paid and when changes take as long as they do, it is way easy to get burnt out. 

I am sure that the Devs are feeling a pressure as the stats and reviews of DayZ are dipping into the lowest numbers. I want to hope for the success of DayZ, but sometimes I really think they put way too many eggs in one basket when they could all just focus on one thing to perfection at a time. There's no reason that cars shouldn't be driving well or that server performance shouldn't be stable and exceptionally playable this late in the game. 

A small irritation is that in the first SR of the year, Hicks stated that .62 would be starting 'the new year off well'. . But it's almost Q2 of 2017. By splitting the entire team into three groups, .61 Bug Squashers, .62 Visual-Audio, and the rest on .63 just doesn't seem smart. I'm not in the industry, but why wouldn't they just focus down these things and get them fixed asap. 

I don't have much hope .62 will hit Exp March.. And certainly not .63 till close to the end of the year. Unless they plan on just a super fat drop of content and are further along than believed. 

If you have read the latest status report you will see why they have problems with communication between client and server. In fact, client and server communication is a very complicated aspect, specially in a game like DayZ. And I'm going to be blunt here but yes you do not know anything about game development. If everyone works on the same thing it will only go slower and will perhaps even give more problems. How long do you think it would take if the whole team would work on bugs only and only continue when every bug is fixed? Trust me, some bugs are very hard to find, even though you know exactly what the bug is, sometimes it's very hard to find the problem.

I have always said it and still believe the fact that their internal build is way ahead of our build. Slowly and surely that is coming out because on their internal build they are not working on .62 and .63, they are already running .63. The game files don't lie about it either, there is already a shit ton of stuff in there what isn't even in the game yet. And those are only the intermediate scripts which we as users can view, for all we know a lot of things are already pretty far in the engine and within a short span of time you will see a lot of things.

Software engineering can be and is very complicated and not even to mention game development. Most of the early access games these days already run on a pre-made engine like Unity or Unreal Engine so developing those games is pretty straightforward becuase the engine and most of the work is already done for them, which makes it way easier for them.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Espa said:

I don't believe the vehicles should have hit stable at all, since they really aren't stable.

Maybe it is just lack of gas? hehe

On 3/8/2017 at 0:37 PM, MyBraiNz said:

Dayz actually ran better than Arma 3 for me not so long ago, something went wrong with the collision of objects cuz its terrible in buildings, especially when im close to objects like walls, or furniture.

So nobody else has these issues then?

No you really need to look over your tower, internet and everything in between. Yes some have issues but it usually is related to older hardware, poor internet, maybe check even your gateway connections to the servers you connect to.

High winds, lots of storms in the last few weeks.

I find it very smooth, not everything is perfect yet.

Arma 3 uses CPU power.... big difference now.

Every time you tweak your system for one update the next update can easily ruin how the game runs.

If you run everything at a playable baseline setting and don't try to squeeze every frame from every build you will find frames are usually consistently playable. Tweaking every iteration of DayZ constantly in some futile effort to get AAA frames from an Alpha is idiotic. Optimization occurs constantly but the passes that will stick are a long long long way off still.

This entire fucking game does not play anything like it will eventually either.

The way you perform EVERYTHING is going to change drastically and I'm one of the few that are mentally prepared for this.

There's always 1,000's of other games that are actually shooters that get lots and lots of frames and are feature complete. If DayZ does not run to your liking you should consider playing something else until it's ready.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

Haven't played for a while, almost died of wet freezing twice. Almost died of hunger twice. So many zombies, covering everything. Battle my way into a small town and use up the last of my bandages to find nothing there and zombies seem to respawn pretty fast. I have lots of different weapons and ammo, none of which I dare fire, since I will be overrun moments afterward. Carbine with a long scope is nice,  because I find lots of ammo for it and I can fire it from hill tops. I made a garden, prepared the soil, planted pumpkin seeds and found my one bottle of water was too low to water anything. Ran three minutes away and back and the sticks were gone and I had to replant and then water and five minutes later the server restarted and the garden and sticks were still there, but nothing was growing and I couldn't water it. I had to walk away from an UMP45, SKS and lots of spare clothes because I have nowhere to store them. Not sure I feel safe enough to carry a barrel out of a town, because I keep getting jumped. Axe works good on zombies at night when you can sneak up on them. :-D

I am closing this tread, We have a new update today! :)