Tatanko

All-New Player Health Guide (0.61)

2 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

So does the bone stat exist or is it just a rumour? I must say this concept (assuming the stat doesn't regenerate) really did affect my in-game behaviour many times.

Its fake. A lot of Wobo's content are just guesses. Look at his press vest testing, it's poor science.

He shoots someone point blank with an FNX and implicates the press vest as a something that doesn't protect a player well. My life has been saved a multitude of times by press vests. At that time I specifically remember an instance of getting shot on the coast a few x by a Mosin and M4 (three guys shooting freshies). I took several shots and survived with a ruined press vest (no other clothing damage but the vest) and limited player damage, but in his video he kills a guy point blank with an FNX. Distance obviously plays a role. Testing should have included a variety of distances to see if the player damage changed.

S9Y559l.png

Even the comments at the top of the page imply inaccuracy as well as distance and it has nothing to do with new updates. The day that video came out the results were the same.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1

Calling wobo's tests inaccurate and fake by describing a situation with tons of other factors and claiming the vest was the reason you survived? hmm....

13 hours ago, varobun said:

Calling wobo's tests inaccurate and fake by describing a situation with tons of other factors and claiming the vest was the reason you survived? hmm....

You mean taking multiple rifle rounds to a press vest and surviving with barely any injury is completely

On 3/5/2017 at 0:24 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Its fake. A lot of Wobo's content are just guesses. Look at his press vest testing, it's poor science.

He shoots someone point blank with an FNX and implicates the press vest as a something that doesn't protect a player well. My life has been saved a multitude of times by press vests. At that time I specifically remember an instance of getting shot on the coast a few x by a Mosin and M4 (three guys shooting freshies). I took several shots and survived with a ruined press vest (no other clothing damage but the vest) and limited player damage, but in his video he kills a guy point blank with an FNX. Distance obviously plays a role. Testing should have included a variety of distances to see if the player damage changed.

S9Y559l.png

Even the comments at the top of the page imply inaccuracy as well as distance and it has nothing to do with new updates. The day that video came out the results were the same.

I would say taking multiple rifle rounds to a press vest with little injury is not the intended functionality.  Then again you weren't even trying to do a test, so maybe none of it actually happened like you think it did.

To say WoBo is faking his vid's you should at least have evidence beyond anecdotal musings on YouTube.

When Hick's refers to his 'bone stat' video results as being 'WIP/taken out of context' that basically means it could be what is happening, even if the reasoning if flawed or its not intended functionality.  Probably not far off when you see things like Mosin's breaking with low round counts simply because WIP.

On 3/6/2017 at 2:20 AM, varobun said:

To say WoBo is faking his vid's you should at least have evidence beyond anecdotal musings on YouTube.

I'm not saying he's faking his vid's you twat. I'm, saying he guesses a lot and the scientific method isn't often done well...big difference. I've got quite a few examples of the press vest as I used it strictly for years. Another test of which was done at the same time of the video with a magnum at 30 or so feet away. Fresh, pristine, low pop/ping server, shot to the chest at distance...ruined press vest and damaged player nowhere near death. Also, I told you about my experience before I quoted additional "musings" as you would call them from youtube. Please don't twist words around to suite your reverse-euhemerised fanboy agenda.

Lets but this one to bed and get back on topic please, the topic is the health system guide on Tatanko's wiki ffs.

If the system described in Wobo's videos (whatever you want to call it) has been disabled in some way, I would like an official confirmation of that. It's still very much outlined in the configuration data, right alongside every other mechanism involved in player health. There are even references to the "spine" within the data, but it's not all presented together as a clear picture so I am connecting the dots (as did Wobo). It's possible that it works differently than I have described, I would never claim to be infallible.

• Like 1

Again with your press vest experiences... Are you aware that pristine clothing and items within clothing soak up damage no matter the item?

On 3/7/2017 at 6:42 PM, Tatanko said:

It's still very much outlined in the configuration data, right alongside every other mechanism involved in player health. There are even references to the "spine" within the data.

characters_data.pbo>DZ>characters>data>config.cpp

correct?

On 3/9/2017 at 1:57 AM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

characters_data.pbo>DZ>characters>data>config.cpp

correct?

server_data.pbo -> config.bin

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tatanko said:

server_data.pbo -> config.bin

This is what's in my DayZ>Addons>server_data.pbo as seen in the pathway. In server_data.pbo is a DZ folder (nothing else but), then a server folder (nothing else but), then the below...

yAY0NAF.png

rzV4u5H.png

I even sifted through the folders ^ and nothing in them has a config.bin.

There is no reference to 'spine' in the server_data.pbo>config.cpp.

There is a reference to 'Spine' in the characters_data.pbo>DZ>characters>data>config.cpp though.

Line 1475

componentNames[] = {"Neck","Pelvis","Spine","Spine1","Spine2","Spine3"};

Line 1695

P3DProxies[] = {"spine1","righthand_dummy","spine2"};

Line  1696

BoneNames[] = {"Spine1","RightHand_Dummy","Spine2"};