Baty Alquawen

Vehicles on Stable branch

I think a simple reset to zero of the vehicles would have pleased everyone, it would have allowed to test the vehicles a new ... WITH the lag all the vehicles one was crasher, and can not walk with the bug !! !! We can change all the parts they do not remark !!!! A reset svp !!!!!

Why are the infected pushing players anyways for?

Is it a cut in the code to add in something different then before, or is it to deal with the collision code?

Just don't remember the infected touching the vehicles before.

It remains 1 to see 2 vehicles in state of march on my server, I must not be alone in this situation because of the bug! Why did not you reset? Or a technique to make them respawn?

51 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Why are the infected pushing players anyways for?

Is it a cut in the code to add in something different then before, or is it to deal with the collision code?

Just don't remember the infected touching the vehicles before.

If I'm correct the infected are already on the new player controller while the player itself is still on the legacy player controller which causes (this) issue(s).

25 minutes ago, lartdeschoix said:

It remains 1 to see 2 vehicles in state of march on my server, I must not be alone in this situation because of the bug! Why did not you reset? Or a technique to make them respawn?

Can you please stop posting, for fuck's sake, one message is enough.

Here, now hush.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Some of the main issues I have are FPS and desync. I decided to spend a good amount of time testing out vehicles on an empty server with a friend. We decided to see what it would be like driving multiple vehicles around each other. To start, we drove a hatchback from the coast up north on an empty server that had just restarted... We both had constant 5 FPS the whole way. Also, about every 10 seconds the car would be teleported about 10 meters to the right or to the left. This occasionally resulted in us being teleported in to a pole, wall, etc, causing our car to break down. This all happened constantly for the whole time we were driving cars around (3 hours). We took a break, the server restarted once again. When we got back, it was very smooth... For about 3 minutes. But then the same issues I just described came back. Once we got another car the issues unsurprisingly got much worse. The same issues occurred, only this time, instead of teleporting in to poles and walls, we would teleport in to each other, and frequently do a few flips whilst flying in to the sky because of this. Another desync issue we found included us being teleported back up to 1000 meters. For instance, I was in Nadezhdino with a hatchback. I drove it to Cherno, and all of a sudden I got teleported back to Cherno. I drove back to Cherno, it happened again. This happened about 6 times before I decided to give up. To sum it all up, I believe cars are completely unusable right now. After driving them around all day with constant 5 FPS, I realized I probably would've gotten farther if I had just ran (not to mention I wouldn't have a major headache).

I can confirm the method of despawning vehicles works. It takes quite a long time or a lot of bullets, but me and a friend were able to despawn 8 vehicles last night, and already found a respawned sedan. It took approx 180 5.56 rounds from an m4, or about 30 mins swinging away with a chainsaw per vehicle. Its far from ideal but it works lol. After the vehicle releases a fireball and the texture changes to ruined, a server restart will despawn the damaged ones and respawn fresh ones.Thanks for the help!

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

Je peux confirmer la méthode de despawning véhicules œuvres. Il faut un temps assez long ou beaucoup de balles, mais moi et un ami ont pu despawn 8 véhicules la nuit dernière, et a déjà trouvé une berline repop. Il a fallu environ 180 5,56 tours d'un m4, ou environ 30 minutes en balançant loin avec une scie à chaîne par véhicule. Son loin d'être idéal, mais il fonctionne lol. Après que le véhicule libère une boule de feu et les changements de texture à ruiné, un redémarrage du serveur despawn ceux qui sont endommagés et respawn ones.Thanks frais pour l'aide!

Hooow it's your luck :/ Lol. I have 2 lada bburned and ruined but no dispawn with restart... And i think no repop.... Luck or just i need burn and m4 fired ?..

Make sure there aren't any attachments (battery, doors, hood etc.) and make sure the inventory is empty. Worked several times for me last night :)

Here are some of my issues (apologize if these are repeats):

1.  Usually when returning to the vehicle the next day, when I turn on the engine, the car spins 180 degrees. 

2.  When I start out driving the sedan, it's smooth and clear, but as time goes on (~10 min)  the video starts to get blurry and jittery. What has fixed this for me is to completely restart the game.  After restart, it's fine for another ~10 minutes.

3.  When driving and I approach one of the other vehicles, as I pass it, the vehicle spins, and depending how close I am, it spins into me. 

4.  Weirdest issue..  I parked next to a haystack in some random town.  When I got back in to leave, the car was very laggy and rubberbanding.  No matter what i did it wouldn't change.  I tried our other sedan and there were no issues.  The only way it fixed itself was after i passed that haystack again...  From there it's was smooth sailing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

I can confirm the method of despawning vehicles works. It takes quite a long time or a lot of bullets, but me and a friend were able to despawn 8 vehicles last night, and already found a respawned sedan. It took approx 180 5.56 rounds from an m4, or about 30 mins swinging away with a chainsaw per vehicle. Its far from ideal but it works lol. After the vehicle releases a fireball and the texture changes to ruined, a server restart will despawn the damaged ones and respawn fresh ones.Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear it worked out for you. :) I hope this message spreads and more and more people will know of this because it can get annoying if there are almost no more working vehicles left. Not that this was the case with us but we wrecked a few vehicles on 1 day so we were burning through them fast.

3 hours ago, lartdeschoix said:

Hooow it's your luck :/ Lol. I have 2 lada bburned and ruined but no dispawn with restart... And i think no repop.... Luck or just i need burn and m4 fired ?..

Because your English might not be so good I'll let Google Translate translate my message in French:

"Afin de désespacer et de laisser le véhicule réapparaître au prochain redémarrage faire ce qui suit: la bande du véhicule totalement (portes, roues, batterie, etc), assurez-vous que l'inventaire est vide. Ensuite, commencez à tirer ou à frapper le bloc moteur jusqu'à ce que vous voyez une boule de feu ou vous ne pouvez plus entrer dans le véhicule. De nos tests, nous avons remarqué que la tronçonneuse fonctionne très bien, si vous avez de meilleures suggestions s'il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir. Je ne suggère pas de tirer le bloc moteur Parce qu'il prend une quantité ridicule de balles, un tambour peut ou 7.62x39 parfois ne fait même pas l'affaire. Assurez-vous également que le véhicule reste vide et dépouillé, spécialement avant le redémarrage. Sinon, il ne sera probablement pas despawn et vous devrez attendre le prochain redémarrage.

Si tout va bien, le véhicule se désespère et un nouveau respawn."

Pardon for my French (no pun intended), just trying to help him

1 hour ago, plasma (DayZ) said:

Here are some of my issues (apologize if these are repeats):

1.  Usually when returning to the vehicle the next day, when I turn on the engine, the car spins 180 degrees. 

2.  When I start out driving the sedan, it's smooth and clear, but as time goes on (~10 min)  the video starts to get blurry and jittery. What has fixed this for me is to completely restart the game.  After restart, it's fine for another ~10 minutes.

3.  When driving and I approach one of the other vehicles, as I pass it, the vehicle spins, and depending how close I am, it spins into me. 

4.  Weirdest issue..  I parked next to a haystack in some random town.  When I got back in to leave, the car was very laggy and rubberbanding.  No matter what i did it wouldn't change.  I tried our other sedan and there were no issues.  The only way it fixed itself was after i passed that haystack again...  From there it's was smooth sailing.

It doesn't matter if they are repeated, at least I hope so. This way we can give them as much information as possible with maybe different situations/outcomes. And really only 1 and 2 are repeated. I have yet to come across 3 and 4 although I noticed that for some reason I had very low fps after driving and/or being near other vehicles and I believe it even crashed my PC at one point because of overheating or what ever. I got a black screen and my PC totally shutdown and restarted itself again after that.

Just to be sure I cleaned it out today to make sure it isn't overheating.

#

Today i had my first invicible V3Scargo. I parked it at NWATents, looted the tents, wanted to get back in the car and it was gone. Had to relog before i could see it and drive along.

#

I heard about 6 of every species of cars will spawn on the map. 5 different species makes 30 in all?!? Am i right with that. Because i drove by every possible V3Scargospawn on the map and after that round i saw only 5 of them?!? Hardly i could miss one with no serverrestart.

#I

also experienced today the 3 states of car-wreckness!

1; Car wont start. (start to hit the car)

2; Car texture turns into rusty. U can still get in the car. (ceep on hitting the car)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/93852834495033343/EEE0D64E30432C4437041AB56E9964F627321FAE/

3; Car texture turns into rusty and generally gray. U cannot get in the car. (stop hitting the car)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/93852834495033624/CEF1B8845DBC5CFD4B815394F02E5D38C78F141C/

Now the car should despawn.

I tried to make Photos but it was too dark. I wrecked a few cars and thought they would respawn, but they didnt until i realized i can make them more ruined than ruined. Now i look for every wrack until it disapears.

So keep your heads down while slaughter your vehicles!

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 1

We found this out when Vehicles still were in experimental, but I experienced that bug again when they were on stable branch:

It occured at this specific location but there were also other locations where it happened.

It also didn't just happen to the bus, I think our Sedan also flew straight above Cheranus.

-Dont know if this has been reported yet

edit: btw. we survived

Edited by Mineralapfel
Edit
  • Like 5

I know this place. It happens with all vehicles. I have tested it with bus, V3S cargo, Sedan, Lada. Always the same. If you drive very slowly because at this point: first the front axle lifts slightly then the vehicle starts to turn to the left side and then comes the spring of the outback.

All tests on Experimental on actual version.

Edited by Sqeezorz

5 hours ago, goateswyn said:

#

Today i had my first invicible V3Scargo. I parked it at NWATents, looted the tents, wanted to get back in the car and it was gone. Had to relog before i could see it and drive along.

Next time just throw something at it (I use a sharp stick so that I don't care if I lose it) - you can usually figure out where it is by tire tracks (and, as you know, it's still there, just invisible).  When it hits the truck, it will reappear visually.

• Like 1

A delightful morning was unfolding before Baroness's eyes as she was waiting for @starvingart in Berezino's northern shack. Water droplets were forming on the already moist wooden fence and they reflected the sunrays beautifully.

She heard the car coming up to her and stepped out of the shack to get in the car. He sluggishly turned to her, repressing a yawn;

''Where to, ma'am?''

''Let's stop just up here at Khelm; I noticed your front right tire needs to be changed. We might find something in the barns there''.

He moved in first gear and the car slowly crawled up the road. Reaching Khelm, he got out of the car and confoundedly stared all around him, spinning in a circle, looking for something;

''Where'd the car go?''

2nyR1cG.png

She snickered as she strolled up to the barns in search of a pristine tire.

They looted around the town, found a few convenient items to bring back to camp, and as they were walking back to the car, they heard growling and grunting.

She nudged him gently in the ribs and pointed at their sedan down the road:

''I think he wants to help with the tire and the wonky transmission!''

bbad4BF.png

He may have been a mechanic in an anterior life; he had a bit of a beer belly, a wifebeater and his hands were immensely filthy. They both reached for their axes at the same time.

ZiRLU1w.png

Baroness read his name tag and whispered: 

''Sweet dreams, Rob''

They slowly made their way to Krasnostav, the last pit stop on their list before going back to their encampment. The view of the mountains was just sublime; Baroness stared in awe for a few moments before trotting back down the hill to catch up to @starvingart .

PdGFhy0.png

After filling up the car's trunk to the brimwith valuables scattered around town, they drove towards the camp, loudly singing Journey songs, completely off-key. It didn't matter; a delectable lunch was waiting for them at their destination.

The steady hum of the engine made her fall asleep, her cheek resting against the cold window.

After a moment, he stopped the car in an abandoned zone, occupied by shrubs and some cement barracks. He shut off the engine and it woke her up. She groggily opened her eyes:

s8d03Fg.png

''GET THE AXE FROM THE TRUNK, ART!''

• Like 7

Frantixx, I have your 1st post read and am a bit astonished. That it laags, framedrops and rubberbanding I know, but only after a long drive. Usually I have before it comes so far a complete frezze of DayZ, but when I went almost 2 hours in the debug, I had exactly what you describe. Since only help log out or even rebbot the Comuters and re-enter into the game.

Drive is smooter and better in 1pp.

20min. drive after Loggin are evertime with good frames and no laags oder Rubberbanding... then Dayz-frezze is my problem.

Edited by Sqeezorz

ill, there are nothing positive to say about the cars at this point. And if u say so you are just a whiny shit in ur opinion. How about instead have the mindset of: Hmm, they dislike our cars right now. But we will goddamn show them that they will be good. Instead of: "ur just whining u little shit, go f urself" If the cars aint good, they arent good and people have their own way off expressing it out of anger or love towards the game. Both feelings can be the same just that it origins from something in the game. Just so sad to see people like u in these threads that are meant for the devs to see what there players/customers think about current state off cars, and people like u pointing fingers only!

Dude.. the latest status report says they only introduced cars to stable under duress, so as they can gather information from servers under full stress.. they couldn't get that from exp servers due to low population. Yeah it sucks when you desync or have a game crash while driving and your vehicle is wreaked.. but that's the info they need. I'm sure as you being a long term player, you know you gotta take it on the chin and move on.. but its frustrating for sure, and sometimes you feel the need to vent that frustration.. but you also have to understand DayZ is under heavy development at the moment and things change as it goes through those stages. Going off at the devs doesn't really achieve anything positive at all.. Read up a little on whats coming if you haven't already.. hopefully it keeps the hype inside alive.. and the end is just in sight, so here's hoping it returns to a more normal early access/beta structure, don't give up on it yet bruddah!!!

• Like 2

Topic cleaned.
Feedback is asked for, not bickering.

We all know there are problems with vehicles, it's written all over the place, all you need to do is read.

Thank you for your feedback guys. It is appreciated.

Hello, I haven't played in a while so I'm not up to date with all the quirks. 

I found a sedan which seemed to be newly spawned since it didn't have any body damage (pure white), but had no wheels, battery, spark plug, doors, lights etc. 

I found for tires and patched them to pristine, a worn spark plug, and a damaged battery. I filled her up and she won't start. Took everything off and put it back on in several different iterations of order, and punched it a few times for good measure. Still won't start. This took several hours and the car survived a restart, and kept the wheels I patched. (There are no doors, trunk, or lights)

Are some vehicles just bugged when they spawn in and will never start?

1 hour ago, Lorax said:

Hello, I haven't played in a while so I'm not up to date with all the quirks. 

I found a sedan which seemed to be newly spawned since it didn't have any body damage (pure white), but had no wheels, battery, spark plug, doors, lights etc. 

I found for tires and patched them to pristine, a worn spark plug, and a damaged battery. I filled her up and she won't start. Took everything off and put it back on in several different iterations of order, and punched it a few times for good measure. Still won't start. This took several hours and the car survived a restart, and kept the wheels I patched. (There are no doors, trunk, or lights)

Are some vehicles just bugged when they spawn in and will never start?

If it was stripped by the time you found it, it was probably dead. If you smash a vehicle enough, it will die no matter how pristine everything is. Cars spawn ready to go atm so if nothing was on it, it must have been a bust :/

A buddy and myself were sitting in a truck with the engine off, parked close to a tree. We both got out at the same time and that seemed to trigger the truck rocking back and forth. It killed him and damaged, but did not destroy the truck. The rear of the truck sunk into the ground and after a couple of hours, the rest of it sank up to the roofline.

It is really rare to find a car after a few days. I finally managed to find one on a nearly full private hive. I tried vehicles on EXP very often and liked them a lot. But on stable now they are not playable. Dunno why but i got vehicles 2 times (bus, truck), Both times a lot of rubber desync. Couldnt even drive like 10 meters. That is little bit frustrating. But I hope that the devs get a lot more data and can fix most of the problems :)

Thurman reported that wrecked vehicles can be despawned with two ax strikes to the engine.  Sadly, vehicle performance on full servers is on par with animals; the server seems to have trouble updating their position regularly, resulting in very slow movement.