Baty Alquawen

Vehicles on Stable branch

22 hours ago, SacrificeDayz said:

Had a few hours playing around on a low pop server.

To start off with I found a sedan which was fully working. The drive started off smooth and responsive but as I made my way from cherno to kamenka I noticed a drop in frames and stuttering. Switching from 3rd to 1st person helped but was still noticeable. After leaving kamenka and heading to pavlovo I started getting minor desync. Made it to the airfield and whilst driving on the runway the car flipped up into the air and then went under the ground. Re log and car is no longer.

I then managed to find a vs3 near sinistok and drove that around with very little issues. FPS stuttering whilst in 3rd person but 1st person seemed ok. After this I spent time driving around in a bus which I had constant fps stutter in 3rd person but fps of around 60-70 in 3rd person regardless of where I was.

This is a known issue, thank you. :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mjf6866 said:

was there a wipe?

18 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

Was there a character/tent wipe with this patch?

No. This is not new update.

19 hours ago, yazar8 said:

How many vehicles are there per server?

30 vehicles per server.

15 hours ago, Asmondian said:

I just wonder: Why prioritize cars in the stable when there are much more important things to work on? Going to check the vehicles and report the issues in the feedback tracker (with details), but it supposed to do this on the experimental and not breaking the "stable" guys! I have restarted the game so many times because of the freezing that i should let my computer get some rest first.

We need to do vehicles testing on stable servers because of lack of players on Experimental branch.

13 hours ago, Moscow Matt said:

I drove the bus from Toploniki all the way to Berezhki, It drove great at first, was at top speed most of the way until I hit Novo, Lots of memory errors and restarts. The bus was always right where I disconnected. I restarted the server and when I entered the bus it did a 180 degree turn. So far that's all I can report in. Going back for more.

I found an off road at Berezhki and drove it all the way to the outskirts of Cherno, the bus was a lost cause (memory error every time I drove 10 ft). The off road ran great I only had one memory error while driving outside of Cherno and unlike the bus the car must of kept driving because when I reconnected It had hit a pole and the two front tires blew, ruined the battery and damaged spark plug. I then went to find parts for the off road and found a Sedan. The Sedan ran great and I again had only one error. The tires blew and then I discovered you can drive with ruined parts and blown tires! I drove around and fixed the off road and my brother joined in and we drove around together with very little problem. The memory errors is really the only thing that bugged me tonight. I was getting the same results in x64 

Can you send dumps of memory errors to our Feedback Tracker please?

Turning after restart is known issue, thank you. :)

Thank you all for the feedback, you are amazing :).

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

30 vehicles per server.

Hey Baty, could you tell us after how many days they respawn? 
And are there 6 of each type? (V3S, V3S cargo, Sedan, Ikarus, Lada Niva)

Having difficulty driving V3S through the second stone archway of Devil's Castle. Cannot get the V3S through it and cannot reverse back down, leaving the V3S essentially stuck. The path prior to the second stone archway seems strangely too steep for an Offroad Hatchback as well.

With persistence in vehicles enabled, what should we do with vehicles that are stuck?

Spent a few hours with a sedan last night and here are some observations from my gameplay:

1.)  If you get too many zombies glitching through the car while not moving, the zeds will push the car around (similar to how they push the player) and eventually tip the car over onto it's side.

2.) I had two complete game freezes while driving 45kmh through a smallish city up north. Ctrl Alt Delete wouldn't fix it, and I had to hard restart my PC each time to fix it. (I7-4790k, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, 16gb Ram and DAYZ on a SSD) The game itself froze, even though I could still hear and talk with my friends on Discord. When I tried to alt tab, the screen would shrink but I would be unable to interact with anything on my desktop, including task manager. After restarting my PC, I logged back in and the car was stuck up against a wall with pristine everything, but the doors wouldnt open. I got the prompts for opening the hood and trunk, but never get the prompt to open any door. I could still access the car's inventory, but the car itself was done. If your PC crashes while in a car, there is a possibility you will not be able to get back in, even if you didn't wreck the car.

3.)There was 1 server crash while I was driving. When I logged back in, my car was nowhere to be found. I had to backtrack a few km and there it was sitting on the road. The player position didn't sync up with the car when the server crashed.

4.) It seems like there is some sort of slow memory leak with the vehicles. When I first started driving, I was getting 80-100 fps in 1st person. After some time (an hour maybe?) my fps slowly drops all the way down to 10-15 in the same locations. (NOTE: I was following another vehicle when I noticed this behavior, repeatedly, over a few hours. I am not sure if it happens when you are by yourself with no other vehicles around) Restarting DayZ brings my fps back to normal.

5.) Desync with other vehicles nearby is better, but holy FPS drops. Im lucky to get 20fps in first person when there is another car around. Also, looking behind you in both 1st and 3rd person while driving causes MASSIVE fps drops. Don't try to look behind you while driving lol

6.) After a server crash/restart, it seems like the vehicle orientation has issues. The vehicle will be facing a certain direction, say North, and when you get inside the car it will automatically spin in place up to 180 degrees. 

7.) Still getting memory read error crashes while using x64 client. I will grab my crash logs and submit them later today

8.) Not sure if this a bug or an intended feature, but the Sedan needs a tire alignment lol. It pulls to the right all the time, regardless of the condition of the tires. At high speeds, the pull to the right will cause you to spin out pretty easily. 

9.) The condition of the tires don't seem to matter one bit. At one point I had 3 ruined tires and 1 worn tire, and the car drove exactly the same as if it had 4 pristine tires. 

EDIT**

10.) There are some issues with items dropped next to a sedan. I was storing some stuff in the car, and had to remove an apple and an empty mag for space. After throwing the empty mag and the apple on the ground, I got in the sedan and it did that weird 180 degree spin thing. The car was then hung up and raised off the ground by the apple and magazine. It dropped back down once I removed both the apple and empty magazine. I got a good laugh out of being temporarily stuck in a car because I couldn't run over an apple :)

11.) This is probably related to server performance, but I also noticed that when you open the door to get out, the option to actually get out can take some time to appear (up to 20ish seconds sometimes) I've found that you can either wait for the "Get Out" option to appear on your scroll wheel, or just switch to passenger side and back to driver side and it will be there.

Vehicles definitely still need some serious TLC, but I am extremely glad they are back nonetheless. I will update with anything new I find

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

Snip

I can say the same for all points.

Only point 1/2 not my part.

(Tests on Exp.)

27 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

I can say the same for all points.

Only point 1/2 not my part.

(Tests on Exp.)

What can you say the same for all points? I am not quite following you there

@JBRUNS489  I have made the same observations, the last days. Just not on stable but on Exp. (But is now almost identical stable / Exp.) Only point 1 & 2 I can not share, since this has not occurred with me.

Edit: Yesterday 2 total game crashes if i drive. Only with crtl/alt/delete and over taskmanager was shut down dayz64.exe. after this the other task and system running fine.

Relog in game, the char self drive to the next objekt and crash the car.

Point 2 are true. :(

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

Encountered this today. 
NE airstrip on 0.61 stable, default install.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 0xy said:

Encountered this today. 
NE airstrip on 0.61 stable, default install.

The same behaviour happened to me yeasterday playing on the server [1pp] OldSchool Dayz Hardcore.

The server was totally full and i've seen server performance issues:

1) Zombies chasing so slowly

2) I've found a V3S and the same rubberbanding that is shown on the @OxY video happened.

3) I try to relog into the server to see if this ruberbanding would maybe be fixed, but I ended waiting on the queue and when i was finally entering the server a Memory crash happened (Not enought memory (1Kb required)).

Everything else was smooth and responsive, so it seems that all this "lag" issues were due to server performance.

Keep up with the hard work devs, every time I play dayz it looks better!

I have a couple more odd behaviors with regard to vehicles to add to the list. These both happened last night:

I was a passenger in an off road, and my friend was driving. He had the "game freeze" crash (see #2 above) and had to restart his computer. On my screen, the offroad ran straight into a tree at a high speed. While waiting for my friend to log back in, I decided to jump out of the offroad and see the damage. I wasn't getting the prompt to open the doors, but was getting the prompt to get out of the vehicle, even though the doors were closed on my screen. When I jumped out, I died instantly. When my friend got back in to the game, he said my shoes and pants were ruined, which I assume had something to do with me exiting the vehicle with a closed door. It's possible that I actually died from the impact to the tree, but I sat in the car for a minute or two before I tried to exit, and it wasn't until I exited that I died.  It turns out the offroad was not damaged at all from the crash, and he was able to get back in and come pick me up. 

Also, later in the night while I was driving myself, I had another complete game freeze. After restarting my computer, I could not launch DayZ. After clicking play on the x64 bit client, my whole PC would slow to a crawl (80% cpu usage, 100% memory usage and 100% disk usage) and would eventually come back with a Windows error saying not enough memory. I received two different memory errors from trying to launch the game. One error said my pagefile isn't big enough (32gb pagefile and 16gb of RAM) and the other was my disk didn't have enough free space (about 90GB free on a SSD)The game would not launch. I restarted my computer again, verified the integrity of my game files, and there was no change. I also did a virus scan and it came back clean. I ended up giving up for the night and I hope the game will launch for me when I get on later today. I have a higher end PC, and I find it very hard to believe that DayZ could use all 16GB of RAM, my 32gb pagefile, and 90GB of SSD storage space. TLDR; the memory leak is really bad, possibly to the point of not being able to play at all.

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 1

I had some nice travel with my cars today, but the V3S cargos dont like me anymore. Had one on the hill at our base. The next day i got into the V3s cargo and it turned 90 degre. Surprise: Crash, car dead. ok. The same with the Ladas in cartents, but they survived after a bit of driving front and back. It was so hard to get in there.

So, i searched myself another V3s cargo for tent-transporting from Tisy, and drove it to the hill. Once out of the car and replaced everything to pristine in the V3S. Did this two times today, and everytime the fu.. Truck stop working without any crash. Now i have 3 dead V3S cargos in the center of our camp.

So, can anyone tell me pleese,

1; What causes the V3Scargos to stop working with all prestine parts and without a crash.? Tried to fix crashed cars with prestine parts. Also dont work.

2; What can i do with all those Wracks in our camp? I blew one up with 3 Flashbangs (had no Granades) and about 20 shots from the shotgun. Something exploded at the last shot and i cannot get in the car anymore. But when we use it like a tent it wont respawn?

So i go on carrying the tents from tisy! Or go with the bus. (I dont like the bus!)

I have only skimmed through the recent posts but one other thing I have noticed is when you are driving past another vehicle, if you are close by it will spin round. I was in a v3s and nearly stacked it into a bus earlier due to this issue.

Hiya,

I've had issues with rubber banding (not sure if it was the server) and zombies glitching into and onto of vehicles as shown here: 

Cheers

Don't drive near camps - the desynch is a major issue

It seems that vehicles that have been destroyed are still persistent - I had one that desynched into a tree whilst driving at 70kmh near a camp and it was totally destroyed (all tyres ruined, battery and spark plug ruined, wouldn't start and you couldn't get into it). After 2 scheduled restarts the vehicle is still there in the same state. This could be a problem as the vehicles can get destroyed due to desynch, guns and explosives should despawn otherwise the map will be populated by 30 ruined vehicles....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mad Scientist said:

It seems that vehicles that have been destroyed are still persistent ..... After 2 scheduled restarts the vehicle is still there in the same state......

the map will be populated by 30 ruined vehicles....

So i made a junkjard out of our camp! Or lets say, its a caravan-site! Nevertheless, there's nuch inventory space now.

Could be a nice new picture of chernarus, if the servers survive this. Lets see how this ends. See u in wasteland.

So long, the Junkjard-goat!

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mad Scientist said:

It seems that vehicles that have been destroyed are still persistent - I had one that desynched into a tree whilst driving at 70kmh near a camp and it was totally destroyed (all tyres ruined, battery and spark plug ruined, wouldn't start and you couldn't get into it). After 2 scheduled restarts the vehicle is still there in the same state. This could be a problem as the vehicles can get destroyed due to desynch, guns and explosives should despawn otherwise the map will be populated by 30 ruined vehicles....

One thing that seems to be the case is a vehicle can become "unrepairable" despite not being completely destroyed.  This is unfortunate because unless you know to "destroy" the vehicle, it will hang around forever in a useless state until persistence is wiped.

If your car is no longer drive-able, try removing all attachments/inventory and shooting the hell out of it.  Unless something has changed, it should eventually "blow up" (spew a little fireball) and change to a darker "ruined" texture.  At that point you should no longer be able to interact with the vehicle, and it should despawn after a little while.

it's possible this has changed in recent builds, but this is the behavior I'm familiar with.

Edited by sanguine00
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

One thing that seems to be the case is a vehicle can become "unrepairable" despite not being completely destroyed.  This is unfortunate because unless you know to "destroy" the vehicle, it will hang around forever in a useless state until persistence is wiped.

If your car is no longer drive-able, try removing all attachments/inventory and shooting the hell out of it.  Unless something has changed, it should eventually "blow up" (spew a little fireball) and change to a darker "ruined" texture.  At that point you should no longer be able to interact with the vehicle, and it should despawn after a little while.

it's possible this has changed in recent builds, but this is the behavior I'm familiar with.

Don't worry mate, after the car desynched into a tree and was destroyed with a puff of fire and changed texture and it was still there after restart I then threw a grenade at it and shot it up, it was still there after another restart. Hence why I put this post up so @Baty Alquawen could see it as requested.

• Like 1

Just a couple of things to add today with regards to vehicle in stable:

1). If your game crashes while driving, and the vehicle wrecks, there is a very good chance the car will be damaged beyond repair. Even putting in pristine spark plugs, batteries, wheels, etc. will not allow the car to start. The vehicle can become utterly useless, except for creating more desync and lag. 

2.) Damaged cars do NOT despawn. On the server I play on there are literally 6-7 wrecked cars that will not start up or despawn. We are starting to run out of vehicles. It seems like since they don't despawn, they aren't respawning either. 

3.) If you drive any faster than 35km, specifically in a sedan (not so much the V3S or Offroad), through Novaya Petrovka you are almost guaranteed to have a game crash. In my server, there are several wrecked sedans littered about there, which in turn causes more lag and more crashes. It is always Novaya that almost ALWAYS has issues for some reason. 

Also I had posted earlier about a game crash caused by driving a vehicle that wouldn't let me restart DayZ. I verified the game files, did a virus scan, and eventually did a complete reinstall of the game. None of those fixed the game. My PC is higher end, and when I went to launch the game my computer would slow way down, then eventually come up with two errors saying not enough memory and pagefile isnt big enough (16gb Ram & 32gb pagefile). I couldn't launch the 64bit at all. Here is how I fixed it for anyone else having this issue: Launch DayZ in 32bit (it should limit the amt of memory the game uses, even if there is a bad memory leak) and change the video memory to low. You should then be able to launch the 64bit and change the video memory back to auto. Save and restart the game and its fixed. 

The FPS drop down to much, from 130 to 7, 9 anywere

i got stuck inside the car aswell, for just one time i cant leave, open the door, change sit, nothing, i needed loggin out and loggin on again to getout of the car

Hello, I am looking for the solution to make a car crash? With the lights still on? On the 30 vehi there is a maximum of 2 on most servers .. Why not reset vehicule this morning?

I'm a server Admin...

There is no vehicule in good condition in my server.. A technique for a repop vehicle ? If i burn a vehicle he don't respawn... Maybe an ADMIN command ?

Please any solution for a reset vehicle persistence, or for destroy the bug vehicle after a crash ? And wait the respawn...

I restart the restart ect, no respawn vehicle :/ Any ideas please, i need refresh the vehicle in my server for test it !!! On 30 news vehicle i think only 1 or 2 work "now", 1 week after :/

You need only reset the vehicle today... For continuous test on stable brach, but nooo lol ... Why ?

They are no vehicle in good condition one week after....

NEED A RESTART VEHICLE PERSISTENCE PLS !!!! For test and fun,

Why leave vehicles if they do not work otherwise? Only a reset or a technique for the reset ... THANK YOU

All other problems seems to me ... Off topic today, the important was the vehicle, is only his. I do not understand why not having reset for them ... MORE NO OPERATES A WEEK AFTER. PLEASE a technique to make them reappear, for lack of reset: /