Baty Alquawen

Vehicles on Stable branch

Hi guys!

Vehicles are on the Stable branch right now and I would like to read your experiences and issues with them.

This thread is dedicated for it.

Thank you!

• Like 8

Still having the problem when a "police wreck" dissapears it leaves road flares/Smoke grenades or such which stay then wreck your car if you hit it, also Micro stutter around infected is pretty bad! cars themselves seem to be working and they drive about pretty well as long as its not in any larger towns, lots of infected or near other vehicles.

Btw Like the fact they come with a repair kit, but it appears you do not need the lug wrench to remove tyres?

Nice job devs!

Time to wreck some tires!

EDIT: Any change on the vehicles maintanance mechanics?

Edited by EdStaffordZombie

Had a few hours playing around on a low pop server.

To start off with I found a sedan which was fully working. The drive started off smooth and responsive but as I made my way from cherno to kamenka I noticed a drop in frames and stuttering. Switching from 3rd to 1st person helped but was still noticeable. After leaving kamenka and heading to pavlovo I started getting minor desync. Made it to the airfield and whilst driving on the runway the car flipped up into the air and then went under the ground. Re log and car is no longer.

I then managed to find a vs3 near sinistok and drove that around with very little issues. FPS stuttering whilst in 3rd person but 1st person seemed ok. After this I spent time driving around in a bus which I had constant fps stutter in 3rd person but fps of around 60-70 in 3rd person regardless of where I was.

• Like 1

the vehicles are awful drops to 6/7fps and on screen your still driving down the road but on the passengers you have already crashed total desync when players are near you in cars the whole game is also running a lot worse with a lot of desync every where and thats on a private server a lot worse than before when they was in 

The first thing to say is THANX!!!!

And this:

I noticed earlier on experimental and now on stable again, that the stuttering is much (MUCH) better in 1st person View when you point the view so high, that the dashboard can not be seen. Had an extremely frameratchange from 180FPS=(looking up) to 40FPS=(looking at the dashboard) outside the Map. In cities it makes a huge difference too! Also the condition of the tires influences the stuttering heavily.

All in all: Repair your wheels, stay in 1st-person-view and keep your heads up, and everything is fine!

Thats it for (from) me!

• Like 3

Cant repair double truck wheels. When we get in the vehicles first time it spins around. The truck is way tooooo slow. Glow plug is not attachable, yet truck seems work fine just with battery alone.

How many vehicles are there per server?

Issue with cars - in stable ?

Oh there are so very many , where to start, shifting issues, jerky, vss will barely climb a hill, and after restart vss that was working will no longer work, can't drive. 

Bump into an small object ( Bump ) and your car or truck is done won't move, cant run over a chain link fence or through a flimsy gate which u should be able to do .. even a2 and a3 both can do that.

Yes they are better than they where in 59 and I'm sure they will get better once the enfusion code gets into play and we are away from SQF besides internal builds.. has dayz dev team met with a3 team for guidance on the vehicles ? I know u can't or won't answer that part .. it's just hard to follow the issues when a2 and a3 cars work so well . But at least they are back in so I guess with so many players now using them .. unlike exp .. we can expect some issues to be resolved on these on the road to beta

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, geekin said:

Issue with cars - in stable ?

Oh there are so very many , where to start, shifting issues, jerky, vss will barely climb a hill, and after restart vss that was working will no longer work, can't drive. 

Bump into an small object ( Bump ) and your car or truck is done won't move, cant run over a chain link fence or through a flimsy gate which u should be able to do .. even a2 and a3 both can do that.

Yes they are better than they where in 59 and I'm sure they will get better once the enfusion code gets into play and we are away from SQF besides internal builds.. has dayz dev team met with a3 team for guidance on the vehicles ? I know u can't or won't answer that part .. it's just hard to follow the issues when a2 and a3 cars work so well . But at least they are back in so I guess with so many players now using them .. unlike exp .. we can expect some issues to be resolved on these on the road to beta

You forgot the part, where you need to restart the game after driving the car for a while because of the low fps/screen tearing when you are on foot. Only a full game restart resolves this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woopie said:

You forgot the part, where you need to restart the game after driving the car for a while because of the low fps/screen tearing when you are on foot. Only a full game restart resolves this.

I have not had that issue .. but the lag OMG the lag when driving, over about 45 in the VSS and it gets real bad .. and who decided we needed stick shifts LOL

Edited by geekin
  • Like 1

I just wonder: Why prioritize cars in the stable when there are much more important things to work on? Going to check the vehicles and report the issues in the feedback tracker (with details), but it supposed to do this on the experimental and not breaking the "stable" guys! I have restarted the game so many times because of the freezing that i should let my computer get some rest first.

I cannot get the V3S truck to drive in any gear but first.

Found an offroader and attempted to take it to our camp at Devil's Castle, but it appears to have very difficult trouble driving up the road where Devil's Castle is. Finally made into the castle, and it cannot make it up the inner road into the castle proper. Nothing but a struggle.

I drove the bus from Toploniki all the way to Berezhki, It drove great at first, was at top speed most of the way until I hit Novo, Lots of memory errors and restarts. The bus was always right where I disconnected. I restarted the server and when I entered the bus it did a 180 degree turn. So far that's all I can report in. Going back for more.

I found an off road at Berezhki and drove it all the way to the outskirts of Cherno, the bus was a lost cause (memory error every time I drove 10 ft). The off road ran great I only had one memory error while driving outside of Cherno and unlike the bus the car must of kept driving because when I reconnected It had hit a pole and the two front tires blew, ruined the battery and damaged spark plug. I then went to find parts for the off road and found a Sedan. The Sedan ran great and I again had only one error. The tires blew and then I discovered you can drive with ruined parts and blown tires! I drove around and fixed the off road and my brother joined in and we drove around together with very little problem. The memory errors is really the only thing that bugged me tonight. I was getting the same results in x64 

Edited by Moscow Matt

I found a v3s chassis and had been driving it around pretty good even though it was missing a few wheels. I managed to find one set of wheels and it seemed to improve it's performance but there were areas where it would act like it couldn't even go up a small hill before sliding back down despite missing only 2 sets of wheels. I managed to get to kamyshovo running at full speed but as soon as I got there it started acting like it could only go about 5 km/h max despite the speedometer reading around 40-56 km/h as you'll see in the video. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the infected but on experimental even with several ruined tires I was still able to outrun a group of infected.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Hi there,

After 6 hours testing vehicules, this is what I observed :

- Desync between vehicules are now fixed

- Physics are very nice now, we can do more with the vehicules and it's a very nice thing for the future.

- Vehicules persistance is OK

- We have some FPS drop when we drived into a city, more in 3td person view

- We have a PVP session where we park the car near to the combat zone and all people have bad experience with desync and fps drops during this fight. Autofire with weapons, stuck @15 fps, synchronisation between players was bad ...

People with a better computer than me has this same problems, little less on fps drop, but same pbs with sync.

First steps are good, but like always, synchronisation is a problem. 

Maybe a better graphic optimisation for the map will be a solution for fps drop. I think we have fps drops because the map load faster with the speed of the car than when we are running.

Good luck for the next !

Edited by evilz_37
  • Like 1

Here is to hoping that the feedback received will bring a nice update to try and rectify the sync issues.

One thing I did not mention in my previous post and that is vehicles are a lot smoother to control and have definitely been improved.

UPDATE: Just logged in next to my trusty bus, got in and as soon as I switched the engine on the bus span 90 degrees and got caught on a tree which caused it to flip over onto its side. Safe to say I was stuck inside!!

q8u3kqf0x20170302104834_1.jpg
images upload

Edited by SacrificeDayz

22 hours ago, Revenge (DayZ) said:

Btw Like the fact they come with a repair kit, but it appears you do not need the lug wrench to remove tyres?

Hello.

Drag it from the bus' inventory to you hands. Lug wrench is not working now.

• Like 1