Asmondian

South American Servers

Hello guys (and Devs, I hope)!!!

The reason why I’m doing this suggestion is because the huge amount of request we - The South American Dayz Fans - have done in order to finally have a (and with this I mean just one) stable south american public server.

I’m going to briefly explain the reasons why we are requesting at least one public server and we hope someone can please finally hear us.

219.png

SOME BACKGROUND FIRST

• Since the alpha was release, fortunately the amount of official Dayz public and private servers has been grown exponentially. You can find the great majority of them in North America (as it is reasonable), Russia, China and Europe. Some other continents and countries didn`t have the same luck, even when the Dayz player population are quite significant (Like Brazil and Argentina). This of course if because the game is still in development and they must prioritize the population centers to have more people testing the game. I understand and support this idea.
  • Regardless of that, is very frequent to see huge amounts of servers in the mentions locations (EEUU, China, Rusia, Europe) that are empty 24/7 and its only function seems to be the “Server Hopping”. Check our ping by the way.

ZpZ1cZn.jpg

• So I always wonder: ¿Why keep 150 empty servers and don’t open just one for all the South American players? (I`m going to talk later of the problem with Brazilian public servers).
  • As a fan and supporter of the Dayz project I participate in the DayZ Feedback Tracker reporting bugs and in Dayz official and unofficial forums by adding suggestions and discussing how the game can improve with other Dayz fans around the world. But even when you try to support, the server’s limitations are still there. All the experimental servers have an average of 270 ping making the testing non-viable. This is just a “footnote”, I don’t think experimental servers have to be in other place that the mayor population centers like EEUU and UK, I’m just giving some background.

219.png

THE SOUTH AMERICAN PLAYERS AND OUR PROBLEM WITH BRAZILIAN SERVERS

• Lately, about 7 or 8 months ago, Bohemia add 4 public servers hosted in Brazil (BR 4-001 / 4-002 / 4-003 / 4-004 hosted by Fragnet). Just one of them have some population (BR 4-001) only at some hours of the day and some Dayz of the weeks (weekends), but they are never “full” or with more than 15 players average.

gzASGHS.png

• ¿Why won’t all the people in south America just play in BR servers if they have a 80 average ping (the third part of ping of we are used to play with?
  • The reason is simple: the vast majority of countries in South America (And in Central America) are Spanish speakers (with English education as our second language most of the cases), and Brazil is a Portuguese speaker country.
  • Having said this, you should find more south american players try to do interactions with other players in EEUU public / private servers (because English is our second language and the ping - 280 averange -) than south american people try to play in Brazilian servers where you can barely interact because the only ones in the region that speaks Portuguese are the Brazilians.
  • So, this causes that all the south american dayz players “migrates” to EEUU or Europe (Spain) servers, suffering: Desync, +290 ping, constant ping kicks, unrealistic game mechanics experience because of the lag (bullets that’s travels at very low speed), etc.

219.png

WHAT I (WE) HOPE TO SEE SOME DAY

• We just need just one (only 1) server hosted in a Spanish speaker South American Country (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela, any of them) to have a decent ping and enjoy what Dayz experience is about: player interaction, amazing a realistic pvp situations and survival cooperation. We are not asking for 10 servers and this is not a specific request related only of a lenguage issue, we ask for just one server to be able to play the game as it should.

219.png

Thanks a lot and hope

you consider it!!

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 2

I think that Argentina or Chile it's a good location for hosting a server in SA

Edited by anontst
  • Like 1

I see your problem here and I think the best solution is to rent a (private hive) server located in Brazil. The reason why I say Brazil is because that's the only option to choose from when ordering a server for south America. I guess because there is not enough demand for a server in for example Argentina, or there is no major network connection point in that country/area.

I don't know how big the DayZ community is for south America but if the south American servers even don't fill up then it's either not that big or they tend to play on other servers (with high ping).

Another option might be to contact an hosting provider to see if there is an option to hire a server in another country than Brazil. Also, I don't know how much power Bohemia has regarding the hosting of servers.

By the way, your chart shows a summary of all games per country and not for DayZ specific so that chart is kind of irrelevant.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2017 at 11:36 AM, IMT said:

I see your problem here and I think the best solution is to rent a (private hive) server located in Brazil. The reason why I say Brazil is because that's the only option to choose from when ordering a server for south America. I guess because there is not enough demand for a server in for example Argentina, or there is no major network connection point in that country/area.

I don't know how big the DayZ community is for south America but if the south American servers even don't fill up then it's either not that big or they tend to play on other servers (with high ping).

Another option might be to contact an hosting provider to see if there is an option to hire a server in another country than Brazil. Also, I don't know how much power Bohemia has regarding the hosting of servers.

By the way, your chart shows a summary of all games per country and not for DayZ specific so that chart is kind of irrelevant.

Thx for the feedback man, it really helps to get to my point. I`m gonna try to answer all your points with my arguments and I really don`t mean to make this personal or sound aggressive somehow. My English is not perfect so I apologize if its sounds that way (personal/aggressive).

• First of all, I think the “private hive” argument is a little unfair because if you bought a game (That sells in your country) that needs a regular (I mean regular, not perfect) server connection to even function, it is expectable that the game company should also provide you with that server to play in. You don’t have to pay the game and then also pay a private server or hive to be able to play. Having said that, in my first post is said that I understand this is an alpha game and this kind of things are expectable, nevertheless I’m not asking for a server in each country where Dayz it sells, I’m asking for a regional server just to play with decent ping and not suffer: desync, kicks, unrealistic gameplay experience, etc.
  • The Dayz community in south America is pretty big and I sure is even as same as big than some of the countries and states that have public servers located there. Just see the public Australian servers, the Dallas servers, the Texas ones, the Atlanta, among others, they are empty 24/7. But, again, I think this shouldn`t be (and certainly isn`t because otherwise you can’t explain why they have tons of empty servers around the world) the main rule to place a public server or not.
  • I 100% agree with you we (Argentinans in my case) have some real “technical difficulties” regarding to host servers because our “Third World” position in the globe, but not all the countries in south America have this kind of issues. Chile, for example, have a good hosting services (CSGO and LOL servers are a good example of this) and it could be a good possibility to a public server with language coincidence and a relative good proximity with the resto of the countries.
  • I do not know either much about server hostings and what Bohemia can or can`t do, but I think is a possibility that should be consider.
  • Regardint the Chart, you are totally right, I confuse when I open the “others countries” in the main chart of “dayz players by country”. But if you just add all the players of dayz in south America im pretty sure we double or triple the amount of players in New Zeland (Total population: 4,471 million just to give an example)

Thx again for the feedback.

Edited by Asmondian

I would be all-in for this. 

The problem with Brazilian servers is not only the language barrier (as OP stated, only Brazil people speak Portuguese in SA), but also that Brazil has a separate optic fiber network that connects directly to EU and US, while the rest of the continent routes through US.

This makes BR servers have the same ping as EU servers, since it's almost the same distance (in optic fiber): Rest of South America - US - Brazil.

gregs-cable-map-part.png

PS. I would suggest Chile, Argentina or Colombia as the server locations.

Avoid Peru at all costs, they have the worst gaming community in this continent due to the mass internet access their street kids have to games, so you have there a clusterfuck of childish behavior, illiteracy, shared steam accounts (50 people can play from the same account), cheating and toxicity.

Edited by exwoll
  • Like 1

I completely agree you guys need at least 2 official servers there and others that can setup boxes. Pings above 200 are not a good thing for any of the servers.

Reducing them to 100ish and below seems to allow the servers to keep up, but when you have that 400+ ping it starts to go to hell the server, not counting the clients close to you in range.

Our gateways in the north are stronger i think then yours to the US. Not completely sure of how your isp are setup.

• Like 1