Sign in to follow this  
INomadZ

Parkour in DayZ 0.61

With DayZ Standalone 0.61 update I decided to try out some parkour and the performance is a lot better, more responsive and smoother than before. I will be making more DayZ Parkour videos so stay tuned!

Who said Parkour doesn’t belong in DayZ Standalone? How about basic survival & practical parkour?

I know and sure that it’ll get better when they start working on Player Controls or character movement & animation mechanics.

We know that the infected can jump or vault over fences and some barriers, and that means we should be able to do the same. We should be able to jump, climb, vault and many other, at least, basic maneuvers to get around and use it as a basic survival skills.

It’s very useful to get away from chasing enemies or zombies. Survival Parkour is very important in Chernarus. Even though it’s not officially added and supported we can still jump around and use some shortcuts mostly in industrial zones, towns and cities.

Edited by TheWalkingManZ
  • Like 9

Why haven't more people liked this yet ?? You sir, are the Spider-Man of Dayz !

• Like 2

Very impressive and awesome, kudos to you sir for making such an original video.

Of course now comes the real question: how many times did you actually fall to your death while making this video?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Why haven't more people liked this yet ?? You sir, are the Spider-Man of Dayz !

lol Thanks! ;)

9 hours ago, IMT said:

Very impressive and awesome, kudos to you sir for making such an original video.

Of course now comes the real question: how many times did you actually fall to your death while making this video?

Thank you, sir! I used to fall a lot before 0.60 because of all the desync and lag. Now with 0.61 update it's a lot responsive, less falling and broken legs. I didn't count but with recent parkour in DayZ 0.61 I think I fell and died about 3-4 times, so like 1-2 deaths out of about 10-20 jumps. I've been doing this for a long time and learned ways to reduce death and broken legs too so.

• Like 3

This is probably one of the coolest videos I've ever seen :D I how the Devs have these things in mind when it comes to animations! 

Never even knew these things were possible. .

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 9:21 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

You have a skill, man!

Haha :D Thanks :P

On 3/16/2017 at 9:28 AM, Espa said:

This is probably one of the coolest videos I've ever seen :D I how the Devs have these things in mind when it comes to animations! 

Never even knew these things were possible. .

Thanks for the Beans Espa! ;)