Sign in to follow this  
Flaven

DayZ is fullscreen but off-center and partially on another monitor. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Here is my two monitor set up. I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are offset because they are not at the same height on my desk.

As you can see DayZ is in fullscreen mode but not centered on the main monitor.

Steps I have tried:

1. Delete .cfg

2. Restart computer

3. Alt + Enter

4. Alt + Tab

5. Enabling windowed mode in .cfg, loaded game, set to fullscreen in game, restarted game, game is still offcenter.

6. Have set all possible entries in the .cfg to my main monitor resolution.

After trying these steps nothing has worked. This is the first time I've ever had this issue from years of playing. Any help, suggestions you guys could offer would be great.

Thanks!

When this happened to me, it was because a windows application on the other monitor was butting up against the edge of my primary monitor (and bleeding slightly into it).  It sounds silly, but I moved the window away from the edge and the issue stopped happening.  This wasn't a coincidence, either.  I was able to reproduce the behavior.

I think this is similar to what happens to me this patch.  sometimes when I'm clicking on something else on my desktop as dayz is starting (like quickly shutting off media player).  the game appears about 1/3 of a screen to the right and 1/3 of a screen down.  clicking the game on the taskbar (which is still visible for me) until it minimizes it, then clicking it again, brings the game up as it should be.

hope that helps.

Edited by Red_Ensign

this happens to me to everytime i launch DayZ i just alt tab out then back in, and itll pop up fullscreen. sometimes it takes a second to the load the screen.