Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137912

Hey Baty. I know you said that nothing had happened to tents, but I think it is safe to say that DayZ US Southcentral 0-6 (Experimental/Unstable) has far fewer tents spawning in as far as we can tell.  All the places I would normally find lots of tents aren't spawning in as many.  If the spawn points of tents has opened up that is fine by me.  If not there is a problem.  Haven't gone onto another server to find out as yet to see if tents are ok their. Looking forward to your answer.

• Like 2

Hi baty to give you an idea about the tent situation I looted another server and there was a marked difference.  Looted the same places about the same time with about the same number of people on each server.

20170224143112_1.jpg20170224150530_1.jpg

Fond this lot on DayZ US Southcentral 0-1 (Experimental/Unstable)

20170224145004_1.jpg 20170224150312_1.jpg

And this lot on DayZ US Southcentral 0-6 (Experimental/Unstable)

Spot the difference.

I know its not conclusive, but there is a marked difference on the quantity found.  I thik we have broken the server with all are tent looting on SC6 lol.

Edited by Fing
  • Like 6

In this exp patch is there still things such as Barrels being locked in hands while eatting too?

I thought the locked hands where pretty much fixed for the most part, but not all due to different item responses.

1 hour ago, Fing said:

Hi baty to give you an idea about the tent situation I looted another server and there was a marked difference.  Looted the same places about the same time with about the same number of people on each server.

20170224143112_1.jpg20170224150530_1.jpg

Fond this lot on DayZ US Southcentral 0-1 (Experimental/Unstable)

20170224145004_1.jpg 20170224150312_1.jpg

And this lot on DayZ US Southcentral 0-6 (Experimental/Unstable)

Spot the difference.

I know its not conclusive, but there is a marked difference on the quantity found.  I thik we have broken the server with all are tent looting on SC6 lol.

Good job sir on your screenshots. Keep it up you have an eye for them.

There is a real possibility that we have a competing group on our usual server, and that is why tents (and vehicles) have seemingly become more scarce.  I'm starting to see some correlations in the names on my stream and in the server.  I've taken steps to increase security, but by no means does that means hiding or refusing to broadcast.

The next logical step, is to start looking for tents where they don't belong. One thing is certain though, the loot seems to have changed this week.

Sorry wolves, we have more dangerous things to hunt.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

As soon as we know whether or not we are getting another patch before the weekend,

12PM EST = 1st cut-off for a patch today.

1-3PM EST still possible but not likely based on recent trends = I'm still not logging in again until after 3 so I can "safely" drop my tent.....

Is there still a possible patch in the works today, @Baty Alquawen?

25 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

There is a real possibility that we have a competing group on our usual server, and that is why tents (and vehicles) have seemingly become more scarce.  I'm starting to see some correlations in the names on my stream and in the server.  I've taken steps to increase security, but by no means does that means hiding or refusing to broadcast.

The next logical step, is to start looking for tents where they don't belong. One thing is certain though, the loot seems to have changed this week.

Even though I have seen an increase in people who play regularly on the server and a definite increase in the popularity of Tisy lately, I'm still not sure about this. Tisy is most hours of the days occupied by one or more of us. The only hours unoccupied might be in the morning (CET). Getting all those tents out of there while we're looting would take some courage and some skill. I'm not sure about the rest but in order to get away unnoticed from me is very hard since I'm very good at picking up movement. Not saying that it isn't impossible because I can not see what happens at the barracks when I'm at the tents. But even that has changed lately since we split up and all loot a part of Tisy which makes it even harder to get away unnoticed with one or more tents. I guess there is always the chance that we just missed each other and they looted Tisy before we got there.

I really hope that they're not trying to use your stream in order to get an advantage over us. I don't mind if they use the stream to find us to make contact but stream sniping is something I won't tolerate. If they do that probably means they are very bad at the game and will probably fail anyway.

If they want to kill me they can just ask me, I'll give them my location at that moment and I wish them good luck. If they get me then kudos to them for killing me fair and square but using a stream is kind of low and not something to be proud of.

48 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

12PM EST = 1st cut-off for a patch today.

1-3PM EST still possible but not likely based on recent trends = I'm still not logging in again until after 3 so I can "safely" drop my tent.....

Is there still a possible patch in the works today, @Baty Alquawen?

They usually push builds around 5 to 6 pm but I have seen them push them around 7.30 pm as well. It's now almost 7 pm so I don't think we get another build but I don't work for Bohemia so don't take my word for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

However, several of us were at Tisy when the build dropped.  And others got everywhere but Myshkino pretty quickly thereafter.  There were certainly far fewer tents than before.  Just luck of the draw?  Maybe.  But, if there's another group, they were taking our leavings in the beginning.

• Like 1

Emu I did think another group might be doing the same, I checked another area I go to down south that regularly spawns tents and that was just as bad (only got 1 civ tent when I might get 3 in total) and I wouldn't think they would be after loads of civ tents for their camp. 

4 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

However, several of us were at Tisy when the build dropped.  And others got everywhere but Myshkino pretty quickly thereafter.  There were certainly far fewer tents than before.  Just luck of the draw?  Maybe.  But, if there's another group, they were taking our leavings in the beginning.

That's right, I remember now. It was you and me at Tisy when the update dropped and as far as I know we looted it in the first half hour when it dropped, when te loot was still fresh. A lot of guns where there but no tents I believe.

4 hours ago, Fing said:

Emu I did think another group might be doing the same, I checked another area I go to down south that regularly spawns tents and that was just as bad (only got 1 civ tent when I might get 3 in total) and I wouldn't think they would be after loads of civ tents for their camp. 

We'll see over the course of next week how it turns out if we got competition. :)

More pictures.

I organized the tents but of course, Thurman had to come in and put his own personal touch :P I think he's a more hardcore organizer than me.

Here's art getting the party started with some cooking, and Scipio and I just staring at the flames in silence. 

v0BomNf.png

xRYHVJb.png

• Like 5

Looks like tents are spawning like they used to again.

Edit: It also appears that some of the regular names on the server have been collaborating.  Sanguine and I came across a Lada hidden in a treeline south of NWAF, and discovered a blue cargo truck nearby as well; both had their batteries removed.  So there is confirmation that another group is successfully competing for vehicles on the server.  We'll have to look around some to see if they are going for tents as well.

It is strange though, how after the patch earlier this week, the tent spawns consistently appeared to have been reduced to less than a third of their original levels, and remained that way for multiple server restart cycles.
We reported this in detail earlier today, and magically the tent floodgates opened up again after the evening (US) restart; very, very, strange.

I also had an unusually high number of crashes today, yet did not hear of many happening to others in the group.  I'll send in the crashdumps.  This time for real.  Promise.

Edited by emuthreat
because reasons
  • Like 2

So tent city is back in full swing again. And we might have an area to search to say hello to are new neighbours.

There must be something to do with the buses or the railroad crossing. It can not be that in a city it is not possible with a city bus on a railway crossing stuck. The back part of the bus is either too deep or too high or steep. At an outback railcross I can still understand this ... but not in a city / place ...

• Like 1

Nothing further to report?

A whole weekend, no developments RE: encounters with server regulars/meta-monsters?

So disappoint.

Awaiting receipt of new mouse, until then, happy trails.

46 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Nothing further to report?

Nothing substantial to report here.  All I did was drive around a bit and cook some meat. Cars are still fun.  More funner than they were but less fun than they will be.

Thurman died a lot.  Emu crashed a lot.

Baroness went AFK at the garden plot.  I found her dead at the garden plot.  Her gear and skillfully butchered remains have been stuffed in one of the tents.

No pictures from me.  I'm terrible at remembering to capture the moment.

• Like 3

Yesterday with a cargo and Cassis V3S over 2h. drive. On land, in town, uphill and downhill. The server was a 1pp and I had up to a single time no big framebreaks, even in svetlo / Novo not as approx. 10-15 AI agro were. I also had good ping to the server (65-80). Only the turn uphill is a bit tricky, from gas station to Gorka it is not steep in the 3nd gear ... 1 to 2 is very little difference in the opposite to 3nd / 4nd. Both V3S with 4 pristine / 2damaged tires ... at the conclusion on 6 pristine changed and no difference noticed.

This Day i will search Bus/Sedan or Lada.

Edit: V3S have no problem with rail-crossings.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

Baroness went AFK at the garden plot.  I found her dead at the garden plot.  Her gear and skillfully butchered remains have been stuffed in one of the tents.

That's what happens when you play with a person with a short attention span. Apologies for the gruesome discovery.

I promise to grow good zucchinis sometime soon :)

• Like 1

Awesome, here's to hoping that the camp stays put for the day.  Looking forward to cleaning up the server of stable trash coming over to continue their killstreaks during maintenance tonight.

In other news, nothing much about these builds seems to have changed for weeks (Aside from the dearth of tents earlier last week).  There is still a framerate issue that affects players after an hour or so of driving; we suspect it is made worse by driving over the same path repeatedly.  Crashes are sporadic and somewhat random, but often related to inventory.

Biohaze needs a few Oz. of chocolate, stat.  

And we need a stable patch with vehicles.  Kinda getting tired of spinning the wheels on this. Haven't seen much improvement for a few weeks now.  What's the hang-up?

Got any direct suggestions of what we can be trying to do to get vehicles ready for stable faster?  We've been driving them everywhere, trying to bork thing in new and intereswting ways; even got one to levitate over some rocks and try to drive up a tree by the ridge with the few houses on the east side of town leaving Elektro to the north

Topic cleaned.

I will issue infraction points and suspensions if the pair of you (concerned) repeat or continue in future.
Take note that PM's are also covered by Forum rules.

my post was also erased somehow...
i just asked that this topic was closed maybe hour ago and there was also new experimental topic but its gone.?
it was exp-update-061137986 or something like that

Edited by kopo79

Clean up was a sweep which included one of Baty's posts and some related to the closure of the Topic.

When there is a new build a new Topic will be made and this one closed (as per usual).

• Like 2

Baroness's East Coast Escapades

Kamyshovo

avJ5YfR.png

Kamyshovo, clandestine passenger wants a free ride. NOT TODAY SIR!

VtNb9jW.png

Elektro, desync grounds.

pmdjSGJ.png

That's some silly shit.

CpUgYO1.png

Tonight, on National Geographic, Chernarus Edition:

T38iNQU.png

lO8kUrs.png

citYop6.png

63FgHyZ.png

• Like 4

Just a preview of Emu Kenevil's latest stunt, jumping the bus with a bus plus bus!

3U2BDoG.jpg

Coming to Pay Per View soon! (aka we've got video of this madness to share)

Edited by starvingart
letters
  • Like 5