Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137912

Hello guys,

this is only a small config-side change, invisible for you. 

But I want you to know it.

I am waiting for your stories :).

• Like 5

Gameplay has been pretty smooth this last week.   Still experiencing frame drops while driving, and occasional crashes that seem to be related to inventory of tents and vehicles.  I'll bundle up some crashdumps this afternoon.

Thanks for not wiping our base.  It's appreciated.  We are working vehicles and tents very hard these last few weeks.

• Like 5

I'm going to let someone else tell the tale of all of our unexpected, pvp experiences in Experimental today but in the meantime here's a photo of my Bus wind surfing experience with @IMT!

BTW WHERE ARE ALL THE TENTS????? :)

gFOBMhI.jpg

Edited by starvingart
  • Like 9

I guess I'm kind of glad I don't have to clean up your tent mess?  :D

Also on a lighter note, had a good laugh at this! Thank you for having me!:)

0SzQmRH.png

• Like 5

Welcome to Experimental, @Baroness.  Sorry about the driving.  :P

Regarding what @starvingart said about tents, it feels like certain aspects of the CLE may have been tweaked on this server that we use.  We have had a consistent pattern of looting for a few weeks, and the mil tent spawns seem to be less than a third of what they have previously been.

For what it's worth, there seems to have been at least two other groups of two or three players regularly on this server fora week or two.  Even still, the loot just ain't what she used to be.

One group of regulars seems to have taken to feuding with us again.  Those knuckleheads were driving on the wrong side of the road up by the Sinistock-Vavilovo junction, and collided with Thurman's bus.  Along come IMT and me, in another bus, and the friggin' mooks start shootin' at us.

From the looks of it, IMT and I split the kill, likely both firing when the car was still for a moment.  We had less success flushing out the other guy, and abandoned our search to go look for more non-existent tents.  Their hatchback was no longer at the junction when we returned an hour later.

A little while later, Thurman wrecked his bus in Cherno, and started taking shots.  Sure-enough, there was Captain "I-don't-care-to-use-the-correct-lane" picking up himself from the coast.  Thurman managed to snag their car and escape ruin the hell out of it, shortly before the reset.

Being the good samaritans that we are, we decide to go down south and look for tents at the port, and happen to see someone fleeing the roundabout.          

Long story short, this happened:

Edited by emuthreat
clarity
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Baroness said:

Thank you for having me!:)

You're most welcome anytime!

Nice find on the forum avatar. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mw2Ie12.jpg

Today's 8+ hour session featured emuthreat, starvingart, ThurmanMerman, ColdAtrophy, Baroness (formerly MamaB3ar), fing, Luc, IMT, Hell, and the addition of Scipio  (I think that's everyone).

Finding vehicles was no problem but military tents seemed to have been severely reduced in number or are spawning somewhere completely different than in the past.

Usually in such a long play session we would have +/- 10 military tents and we ended up with 4(?) total.

I struck out on a solo mission to Myshkino tents (wrecking a V3S in the process) to check the few containers there but found no tents.

Leaving North out of the tents I found a pack of wolves which I try to lead back to the tents so I could kill them from the Hesco structure.

They did not follow so I tracked them out to a shed and only after I was basically cornered did I realize I had dropped my shotgun when I swapped to the MP-5! D:

They started coming through the shed door and I started firing, the wolf models were bugged, stuck twisted to one side while sliding and it was nearly impossible to tell from where they would attack.

I could see the wolf sliding towards me but before it closed the distance on my screen I would get struck from the side!

I killed 2, wounded a 3rd running out of ammo, and then resorted to my hatchet = You are dead.

Back on the coast (Elektro), I looted my way North before running into emu with his bus.

I left camp and met up with Thurman and that's when we passed a 4x4 so he spun around and the guy plowed into us while also trying to hail us (I heard him call out over direct, Thurman did not), on my client I did not see the collision.

emu and IMT then came to our locale and immediately was fired upon, this did not end well for the driver....

Collisions with animals seems turned off for now, or roadkill steak would have been on the menu.

ca0WO6L.jpg

During our hunt for tents we continued to track these guys, who apparently had the poor choice of Cherno for their home (where we wanted to check shipping containers).

Here's a screen of the aftermath of art kill trade.

dXvjpIk.jpg

When I passed the doorway the player was in my frames dropped drastically and I only caught a few frames of him before art started trading fire with him.

We have a plan for some stunt driving exhibitions, courtesy of emuAir, I'm guessing we'll be posting those results soon.

"Where'd the tents go!?"

• Like 4

Its a shame we have some opposition on the server at the moment as they could be helping us, but it does make it interesting (big smiley face). As for the tents it looks like they don't want are big camps any more (Sad Face). Did are usual run today and only got 1 tent for the effort.  I did find one in one of the new small road blocks. Well I'm sure what we do have will be wiped soon any way.  Roll on are next camp, may it be bigger and better than this one :-). 

• Like 4

If they dialed the spawning of tents back then I see that as an achievement because they saw that we got a camp way too big in just 1 week-end, congratulations everyone!

Edit: Posted after Baty's post.

Had a lot of fun yesterday, specially the part where we met our neighbours, which were unfortunately not the friendliest persons but that's fine with me.

I don't know if Emuthreat recorded the firefight on the northern highway but I luckily did:

And here is my point of view on the firefight in Cherno:

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

@emuthreat  That that that video, looks like your fov is way off? i swear i was looking down a long narrow pipe.

Ill go get my eyes checked.

Emu has a big resolution and has cut the right of his screen to hide the debug monitor.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Baroness said:

I guess I'm kind of glad I don't have to clean up your tent mess?  :D

Also on a lighter note, had a good laugh at this! Thank you for having me!:)

0SzQmRH.png

Lawdy mercy that was me in that truck. I really do drive better than that ;)

• Like 5

The Great Deadlocked Bus Saga of 2017

It was a peaceful evening in Tisy Military Base. A breeze was whisking the branches far and wide. Baroness greeted Thurman that had just arrived at the base in his trusty bus. It seemed beat out of shape but was still running smoothly. He decided to drive it up a ramp to where our tents were but got inadvertently stuck on the curb.

After investigating the underside of the bus, they decided that it would be best to try and throw sticks at the bus, because what else are you going to do?

Thurman shot a few sticks at the bus. It shifted a little bit, but not nearly enough to drive it off the curb.

6Jcr9Mz.png

A few more, just to be sure. 

hs1TG5D.png

Thurman told Baroness to gather and sharpen some sticks and craft a bow: they could possibly get the bus unstuck by shooting arrows at it. Because physics.

So off she went and returned with the necessary tools:

YsAEsJ1.png

The unyielding arrows were so robust that the bus quivered under their fusillade, but refused to budge from the curb. 

There was possibly another solution: IMT would drive his offroad hatchback directly in the side of the bus to extricate the poor bus from its predicament. 

vk5aClw.png

That didn't turn out so well. 

There was only one thing left to do: Thurman would drive a chassis all the way up a ramp, gather momentum and collide with the backside of the bus in a desperate attempt to free it from its quandary.

''HOLD MY BEER!'', shouted Thurman as he sped up down the ramp, gathering momentum.

SO FAST! ZOOM!

TTTPK0H.png

yTkoR3m.png

As you can see, that didn't work out so well. Thurman ruminates over the conundrum. Nothing can be done at this point.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, sneakydude said:

@emuthreat  That that that video, looks like your fov is way off? i swear i was looking down a long narrow pipe.

Ill go get my eyes checked.

I play on a 21:9 ultrawide monitor.  It has to be compressed around the edges to fit on your mortal screens.

Also, to whom it may concern:  Bubbahubba was nice enough to drop a couple tents for us while he was looting NWAF.  The northern quonset hut spawned both of them individually, about twenty minutes apart.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I play on a 21:9 ultrawide monitor.  It has to be compressed around the edges to fit on your mortal screens.

Also, to whom it may concern:  Bubbahubba was nice enough to drop a couple tents for us while he was looting NWAF.  The northern quonset hut spawned both of them individually, about twenty minutes apart.

is that dayz fault? or the screen tools?

I have a 24 wide, not sure what res i put it in, Ill try and mess with utube settings maybe it was mine.

Hey Baroness you forgot to tell every one that it was all the arrows in the bus that where sticking it in place lol.  With there combined strength they can hold a bus in place even when hit by a v3s. There where at least 3 sharp sticks/arrows in total that I could see within and out side the bus. But it was fun trying to move it.  By the way congrats to the 2 players that played cat and mouse with us up at Tisy. It was good to see you were patient and not gun and run.  Would be good to meet up and may be have a chat instead.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Fing said:

Hey Baroness you forgot to tell every one that it was all the arrows in the bus that where sticking it in place lol.  With there combined strength they can hold a bus in place even when hit by a v3s. There where at least 3 sharp sticks/arrows in total that I could see within and out side the bus. But it was fun trying to move it.  By the way congrats to the 2 players that played cat and mouse with us up at Tisy. It was good to see you were patient and not gun and run.  Would be good to meet up and may be have a chat instead.

I spoke with them both.  Originally, it was just Mugsy (who killed Baroness); he called in KhemZ when he saw he was outnumbered and trapped.  Then @IMT , you and I all managed to trap ourselves until you winged Khem who ran into the bathroom to bandage; and @IMTshot Mugsy.  Khem came back, and I gave him new pants.  Chatted with Mugsy a bit via Steam.  

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fing said:

Hey Baroness you forgot to tell every one that it was all the arrows in the bus that where sticking it in place lol.  With there combined strength they can hold a bus in place even when hit by a v3s. There where at least 3 sharp sticks/arrows in total that I could see within and out side the bus. But it was fun trying to move it. 

You're right, we couldn't move the bus because of the arrows and sticks hovering in the air. The bus was caught between the lamp post and the sticks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I told you the sticks were unyielding! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

I spoke with them both.  Originally, it was just Mugsy (who killed Baroness); he called in KhemZ when he saw he was outnumbered and trapped.  Then @IMT , you and I all managed to trap ourselves until you winged Khem who ran into the bathroom to bandage; and @IMTshot Mugsy.  Khem came back, and I gave him new pants.  Chatted with Mugsy a bit via Steam.  

And here is the visual representation of the firefight :)

Some background information perhaps: Baroness was shot by someone while standing alt-tabbed out at the western platforms. Perhaps not a good idea on her behalf but shooting someone with no weapon in their hands and standing still is a douchebag thing to do. Of course we couldn't let that one slip through our hands. Fing threw some shots towards the killer's direction and he ran out of Tisy towards the east. I immediately knew what was going on, either a flank through the south or the north so I started to cut his flank. After a while I saw someone running from the tents towards the platforms. I took some shots and my first shot nearly missed him which triggered a very long mexican stand off. I ran towards the double bunkers and went in the bunker where Thurman was to bandage up because an infected hit me. After a bit Thurman moved to the other bunker and was still unnoticed, while Fing's and my location were known. One of them ran up the bunker where Thurman was hiding and took position there so I was pinned.

Since I have a FAL and anyone breaching my bunker would have a bad day because only one shot in the chest at close range is required to finish a firefight, I kept opening the door every now and then. I never got the chance to get the dude up on the bunker but I did see him sometimes.

Finally after a long time (45 minutes) Fing saw that he actually had a good view on the bunkers and took some potshots at the top of the bunker. The guy probably thought someone had a bead on him so he moved a bit which gave enough flesh for me to shoot at and I did. When I started to shoot he had no choice to get out of there and when he stood up I put one in his chest and immediately after he went unconscious. God I love that FAL!

Unable to finish him off from my position I decided our best option was to rush together with Thurman. Running up towards the bunker I suddenly got shot at so I had to abort my mission to finish him off and bandage and morphine in the bunker but Thurman did finish the job. In the end Fing was the one to get the killer out of hiding, I who shot him unconscious and Thurman who finished him off, a great team effort right there!

The second dude was only spotted sometime after the firefight by Fing but he immediately logged off because he probably knew that he was outnumbered. In the end it was Thurman who shot me in the legs. How does it feel @Thurman Merman to shoot a teammate instead of getting shot by one? :P

Afterwards Thurman added both on steam and it turned out that we killed the dude who killed Baroness, so I was content. Thurman met up with the other dude and all was good in the end. Finally some guys with balls who don't log off and can talk and laugh about it after bloodshed on both sides.

This was my longest firefight ever, the total time was around 1 hour. 45 minutes of this hour was sitting still in 1 structure.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, IMT said:

Perhaps not a good idea on her behalf .

After almost 1k hours in this game, I should have known better! :)

Here are a few screenshot of tonight's run. Will add more soon.

I think this is my favorite screenshot that I ever took in this game, in Olsha:

LRVxwRV.png

Here is a little Thelma & Louise feel, without the convertible, and without desert, so basically, almost nothing to do with Thelma and Louise: the boys had stopped to kill some wolves.

WKUQsSM.png

Here's a moon with star trails while running from Berezino to Olsha:

WygBZ1B.png

More to come soon

• Like 6

Another day long play session including mostly the same people + Pook near the end.

I spent A LOT of time merely building and maintaining our camp today.

Along with some minor organization I made sure most of us grabbed all of our highest priority gear and logged out with a mil tent in hand in case of a wipe.

As soon as we know whether or not we are getting another patch before the weekend, we can then replace the tents and truly organize and build up again.

5VvJ7T5.jpg

Caught emu with a shotgun blast while fighting a large pack of 8-9 wolves. Sorry man! Glad you didn't die!!

MLmBfA6.jpg

^This AK model bugged while I was swapping storage around in some tents.

LKIbGbK.jpg

N4jTtA7.jpg

Home sweet hell....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 6

This is why I love the forums over Reddit, everyone's chill, everyone's cool.

• Like 8