eugenharton

Internal Milestone - Road to Beta

9 minutes ago, eugenharton said:

No legacy systems. And no legacy engine modules.

These 2 things puts a big smile on my face :D

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, eugenharton said:

That is the game that most of us have worked for so hard for the better part of those last three years.

It's been a long road, and I think at least most of us are happy to have been along for the journey so far. Thanks for all your hard work, and the rest of the team, in continuing to push forward this vision. Cheers!

• Like 6

First time poster, long time listener. This is awesome news and a big thanks to the communication from yourself and status reports. It is clear that the game is due some big and nice changes over the year of 2017.

• Like 6

Hi Eugen!

I heard you like cats.

aEg4cfK.jpg

QQoFzT6.jpg

This is my roommates cat, Boo!

He's a great cat friend. :3

Thanks so much for this bit of helpful insight as to where exactly we've arrived in the dev cycle.

I am fascinated and excited to see how all the changes transmogrify our favorite game into the sleek modern AAA beauty she should be.

Cheers!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
*you may note the tan line from my cycling gloves because cycling is the best.
  • Like 5

Congratulations on this internal milestone! :)

How many lines of code are removed with the all the SQF code gone? :-D

• Like 4

Been on this road ever since early 2014 and I am gonna keep playing this masterpiece for a long time. Great work dev team!

• Like 4

I have a question

The animation module (and all other future modules/beta milestones) - is it all done with Enforce script, or C++ also takes place there? I'm asking because, from what i know, when things are hardcoded they are performance efficient (especially if it's C++ we talking about), does the same thing apply for Enforce script performance wise?

In a world where community modding matters (= our world!), you try and keep as many things as possible written in script

I'm worrying about poor optimization in future, because most of the things might be done via scripting.

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm no programmer.

Awesome work, you guys must be really pleased with yourselves :)

When can we expect to receive a version that no longer uses SQF?

• Like 1

Congratulations, a big step for you Devs, and a bigger one for us players. Eugen's post says so many things why so much is (still) as it is.

Great news that all the legacy poop has been removed internally!!

Cant wait to see the new modules integrated into the game - 0.63 is going to make DayZ great again!!!!

Thanks for sharing Eugene! Really appreciated!! Keep it up fellas, we're all behind you and you got our support! Cheers!

• Like 2

Great..... .thanks for eradicating the only scripting language I've ever known in my life!

Just kidding, a massive milestone, congrats!

• Like 2

Noice. My hat is of to the team.
Have a great weekend.

Does this mean we might start seeing more frequent updates, and updates that have a measurable effect on gameplay? Obviously .60 added the new renderer which improved playability massively, and .61 added wolves among other things, but it's been a while since we got a really juicy gameplay feature like, I don't know, in-depth diseases and a stamina system. So now that this milestone has been reached and you're not dancing between two completely different versions of DayZ, might we see more frequent updates that add more substantial elements to the game?

I mean, I guess as we get closer to beta more gameplay features becomes inevitable, but I'm guessing that this  optimises development somewhat?