Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137826

On 2/17/2017 at 7:26 PM, SEKE Leader said:

uuum this is a weird glitch i haven't seen before but i just got on dayz and my mouse is invisible.... i can't play until i fix this because if i need to bandage or something i can't see my mouse so i can't find my rags. i'm going to try to restart my pc but this is awkward 

EDIT----------

it fixed itself when i restarted my whole pc. i just shut it off for a few minutes and then turned it back on

If you will have this issue again, contact me please.

2 hours ago, mithrawndo said:

I'm sure this is already well known as it's been around for a long time in one way or another, but the frame loss whilst driving seems to be related to the wheels: To demonstrate, watch your FPS counter whilst driving. Focus your camera towards the wheels and then cut them out of shot and you'll see what I mean.

I suspect the tracks (why are there even tracks on the tarmac?) left by the vehicle.

I start with my usual 90ish FPS.

After driving around the map, the frames get lower and lower, resulting in 7 (SEVEN) FPS.

Restarting the game gets me high frames again, which then get as low as 7 when I ride a vehicle, don't really need to drive.

A little test I did with my friend:

Was driving for a while, at half of my FPS.

Picked up my friend who reported no frame loss.

After several kilometers, my game has become unplayable while his was already losing frames.

I restarted, everything was fine while he went slideshow.

Next example - we crashed, bus got stuck at a bollard, leaving rear wheels above surface with no contact.

Speedometer showed 60km/h, yet there was no frame loss as the vehicle was not moving.

On 2/18/2017 at 5:30 AM, goateswyn said:

Had 2 times a mix of desync, rubberbanding and gettin pushed to one side constantly for a few seconds. But not in a car.

I had this same experience. I was getting pushed and stuttery while I was avoiding zeds.

3 hours ago, Rhombus89 said:

I suspect the tracks (why are there even tracks on the tarmac?) left by the vehicle.

I start with my usual 90ish FPS.

After driving around the map, the frames get lower and lower, resulting in 7 (SEVEN) FPS.

Restarting the game gets me high frames again, which then get as low as 7 when I ride a vehicle, don't really need to drive.

I can't decide if i think it's just time driving or if the vehicles are leaving Donnie Darko-like traces around the map; as it seems to get worse faster if I drive the same route repeatedly.  Maybe it has to do with getting in and out of the vehicle repeatedly.  Or vehicles crossing each others/own paths.  A few builds ago a few of us actually summoned a "dead spot" on NWAF by racing around it repeatedly.  When you drove into this spot, the game just froze.

• Like 2

Goodbye, Nautlius.  

• Like 2

2VJqfbr.jpg

Stay out of Thurman's tents, you mooks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a long evening/night session, no crashes until I tried to close DayZ from the red X on the task bar.

Nice to meet @MamaB3ar, glad we could help you get off the coast, and glad to have the help working on these Experimental builds.

I hope I don't forget anyone so here goes, emu, Thurman, starvingart, IMT, Luc, MamaB3ar, sanguine, GirthBrooks, Hell, and myself gathered vehicles and tents while intermittently fighting wolf packs. We also made contact with a recurring player on the server who will likely join us in the future, Bubba.

*I believe Buckshot at range should be more effective and possibly have less dispersion at 50 meters.

ysyv4Ba.jpg

A feast of wolves slaughtered by art after picking up MamaB3ar.

Rrp87s3.jpg

6b6L3cd.jpg

WOecMj7.jpg

^That moment when you go to screenshot the action as your friends attack Rocket only to take a screenshot of the moment he hits you after switching aggro.

bCZw2UK.jpg

^MamaB3ar stands proud over our kill.

RgPLFsz.jpg

^A hot cooking pot smolders through the floor of the bus when held in inventory.

PHaqTHs.jpg

nVthDJY.jpg

6sLxDg4.jpg

^Brooks flips out in a V3S, which then clips through map....

jZ6p4F5.jpg

DSgI3fS.jpg

gYJsKV0.jpg

W2cQ5Ja.jpg

FB49NSb.jpg

^MamaB3ars hands bugged in that awkward flat side of axe facing glitch pose....

• Like 5

Edit:  Just realized this is in the wrong topic.  Thanks Biohaze.  Why is the old Exp thread still open, anyways?

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

II believe Buckshot at range should be more effective and possibly have less dispersion at 50 meters.

Speaking of shotguns, hell and I had an encounter with a player tonight.  The stable maintenance crowd flooded the Experimental servers as usual, and one of them found his way behind hell in a tree.  Long story short, Hell had a lot of head accessories to soak up damage, and the shotgun failed to kill him.  Cleaned-up hostile, and revived Hell.

Edited by emuthreat
Last patch discussion still open
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

*I believe Buckshot at range should be more effective and possibly have less dispersion at 50 meters.

Some info on buckshot:

Buckshot currently has the following stats:

hit = 6
hitShockHead = 20000;
hitShock = 400;
hitBlood = -200;
hitHealth = -200;
bleedChance = 2;
airFriction = -0.00096;
initSpeed = 404;

So first off, hit value, the main damage figure. It sits just above the .380 ACP. The 'standard' American ballistics for .380 FMJ are 95 gr, .355" bullet at 955 ft/s from a 3.75" test barrel, the muzzle energy is 192 ft lb. A single pellet of 00 buckshot (.33" diametre) weighs about 54 gr and gives a nominal 1,325 ft/s from a 30" test barrel, for 210 ft lbs of energy. They both have adequate penetration (20+ inches in bare gelatin). So, the damage value is placed appropriately relatively speaking, maybe a bit high, but it has less hitBlood (-200) and slightly less hitShock (-400) than regular bullets, which (all except the .22 LR) have -500. The hitShockHead and bleedChance values are the same. So with those complicating factors it's tough to say. 

The main problems:

The airFriction is too low, it's a copy-paste, probably unintentional, from the 7.62x54R. So this gives the DayZ buckshot a G1 ballistic coefficient of around .45 over 50 m... for comparison the .308 M80 (real life) is about .39, the 5.56 SS109 is about .30, etc... pretty silly (edit: for comparison, real life 00 buckshot would be approximately 0.04 G1, although that drag model is not appropriate). The airFriction for a 00 buckshot pellet should actually be around -0.008! A pellet of buckshot is the ballistic equivalent of a Wiffle ball. Lead round balls bleed off their speed horribly. At 50 m a 00-size pellet starting at 1,325 ft/s has lost well over half its energy. That will lower downrange damage in DayZ, but since that's based on v/v0 and not (v/v0)² it won't be too terrible.

Patterning: the old rule of thumb is that buckshot spreads at 1" per yard. Like most rules of thumb it's just a very rough estimate and the actual patterns depend on the type of buckshot, the gun, choke, etc. Rule of thumb tends towards the larger sizes at typical distances (25 yards or less). Anyways, for comparative purposes, one inch per yard comes out to 1.59 degrees. The shotguns in DayZ have a 3 degree spread (6 degrees for the sawn-off IZH43). Within the typical effective range, the outside dimensions of the patterns are significantly larger than real life, particularly for the sawn-off version. 

Here's one test of various makes by Shooting Illustrated
results1.jpg

But shotguns in DayZ have a semi-fixed pattern and fire 11 pellets (as opposed to the standard 9-pellet, 2-3/4" 00 load). The DayZ pattern consists of one central pellet and two rings. The outer ring has six pellets and the inner ring, four. The impacts are fairly evenly spaced. Not very realistic and needs extra consideration.

Here's an example pattern placed on a running figure. The left pattern is the spread of MP133s and the full-sized IZH43 at 25 m. The right pattern is the spread of the sawn-off IZH43 at 25 m, or the spread of the other three shotguns at 50 m.

xHBSiLS.png

After a certain range the outer six pellets are completely useless, but the inner five stay useful to a good range. The shotgun has a large dispersion (which is a separate value from that which dictates pattern size), so the central pellet is not accurate (3 foot circle at 100 yards). However, that's still accurate enough to have a good chance of using that pellet to hit an exposed target at surprising distances, if you aim. 

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Edit:  Just realized this is in the wrong topic.  Thanks Biohaze.  Why is the old Exp thread still open, anyways?

Hide contents

Wait, why is it my fault the thread is open? You can't read for yourself? Posting at 1am I can hardly be blamed for merely opening the thread I saw active.... GG in the filthy stable casul kill.

3 hours ago, -Gews- said:

However, that's still accurate enough to have a good chance of using that pellet to hit an exposed target at surprising distances, if you aim. 

Man, I wish you had witnessed the shot I took on a retreating wolf. At about 50m you could clearly see the impacts, which for the moment completely obscured the wolf model but somehow every shot pellet seemed to miss, no stagger, no whimper, no red.... it's possible I couldn't see the hit but I doubt it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awesome post.

I'm glad to hear that they seem to have at least gotten a close to accurate reproduction of shotgun performance with current placeholder settings.

I would personally very much like to see a full range of shotgun shells from salt to slugs.