Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.61.137813

Hello Survivors!

Update time again!

What is new?

• possible fix for some common memory crashes on x64
  • common crash upon connecting
  • fixed one specific cause for certain zombie models becoming invisible

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

No vehicles in this update. We are still testing them on Experimental branch.

No character wipe.

Do you have a game crash? We would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our feedback tracker. By submitting those files, you can help us to solve game crash issues. It is really important.

If you find some bugs let us know on our Feedback Tracker. Thank you!

• Like 4

Vehicles would be nice, we expect bugs since the game is in alpha. As long as they don't fall through the ground anymore I'm sure we would all be happy to put up with the trivial bugs in return for saving hours of our time walking.

your updates are a constant disappointment, i love yas but you're taking for fucking ever and every time i see dayz has an update i get keen but want to dig my eyes out with an enema hose when i see that it isn't 0.62

8 minutes ago, Tazhar said:

Vehicles would be nice, we expect bugs since the game is in alpha. As long as they don't fall through the ground anymore I'm sure we would all be happy to put up with the trivial bugs in return for saving hours of our time walking.

7 minutes ago, WealthyUgandanPrince said:

your updates are a constant disappointment, i love yas but you're taking for fucking ever and every time i see dayz has an update i get keen but want to dig my eyes out with an enema hose when i see that it isn't 0.62

Why don't you guys go a head and read this:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Plenty of them on EXP servers.

Need them on stable :c and I also play EXP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yazar8 said:

Need them on stable :c and I also play EXP.

Good good :)
The more we can drive around with them on EXP the quicker we'll get them there.
I hope at least :)

• Like 1

greetings everyone,

Devs i have got one idea,

how about take out all vehicles and put in bicycles maybe that will be less buggy and so on maybe its a idea for your list to try out

4 hours ago, WealthyUgandanPrince said:

Read this, new guy.

I hope you feel like a massively ignorant asshat after internalizing this, if you can.

From your tone and level of expectation, it's obvious you need to take a long long long break and come back in 6-12 months.

Please?

• Like 2

OK didn't see any invisible zombies :) but same issues with being unable to move, had the screen shaking and could only move in one direction. I logged out and when I came back in had the punching animation and  had to logoff and in again. This was on 64 bit.

5 hours ago, darkdaz said:

greetings everyone,

Devs i have got one idea,

how about take out all vehicles and put in bicycles maybe that will be less buggy and so on maybe its a idea for your list to try out

M5dR8Pt.jpg

6 hours ago, Tazhar said:

They still fall through the ground occasionally.

• Like 1

The vehicles in Stable to insert, brings besides more "hate" nothing which helps the team. The few who are now playing in Exp "just because of the vehicles" will immediately jump into stable and the Exp. become empty and empty ... how should tests be made under severe conditions?

• Like 1

I had the direction bug, basically the mouse stopped moving the player around and he could only walk backwards and forwards also stuck in a leaning back animation.

For the punching simply open inventory and place something in your hands and remove it again and its fixed

One thing I don't get is where were all these ppl begging for cars prior to .61?

In all my time playing Dayz, be it on public or private hives, I can count the instances I've encountered players driving around in cars on a single hand.

I can get it being a kind of a nuisance on whitelisted RP communities (for RP reasons), but seriously the amount of complaints about cars is just mind boggling right now.

I think it's a case of: Devs take out X item from game, thousands will complain to bring X item back, (with total disregard for other bugs that are getting fixed / progress being made.)

It's just stupid.

Anyway that's my rant for today, have a nice day :)

Holy aids batman stable is so fucking booorringgg and experimental is absolutely dead.

It's been like three months on the same patch , with the same issues being , well not fixed . Why is the whole team working on later patches when this one and experimental are an absolute mess ?

Work on the present mostly , the future a little bit , not the other way around ... I don't care if you want to show off for fancy game expos , put your tester guinea pigs before your expo publicity please as we have been helping for three years now .

Edited by blackberrygoo

49 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Holy aids batman stable is so fucking booorringgg and experimental is absolutely dead.

It's been like three months on the same patch , with the same issues being , well not fixed . Why is the whole team working on later patches when this one and experimental are an absolute mess ?

Work on the present mostly , the future a little bit , not the other way around ... I don't care if you want to show off for fancy game expos , put your tester guinea pigs before your expo publicity please as we have been helping for three years now .

I really wonder what happened to you. Before, your posts were good and now they don't make any sense at all and they are the same as all the other crybabies. Did you burn-out? How about a break for an half year? How unfortunate.

4 hours ago, IMT said:

I really wonder what happened to you. Before, your posts were good and now they don't make any sense at all and they are the same as all the other crybabies. Did you burn-out? How about a break for an half year? How unfortunate.

Well it's simple really , the devs and I had shared similar viewpoints on transparency and development processes , but now I feel like they are putting us second over the fans at the upcoming pax east (most likely why their whole team is pushing on working on patches we the backers don't even get to play unless we pay a hundred bucks for a ticket to an expo). 

They are definitely getting ready for beta , but not in the way I expected them to - I want the way it's been done all these years - basically by focusing on each patch with more than 75% of the team solely focused on that patch and the next experimental , not  the way they are doing it now working two builds or more ahead especially when the current stable and experimental have serious issues . These issues are being worked on but not with the amount of the team it should have on it , and I truly believe they have slowed down the process of this patch and the experimental branch consciously to fulfill some sort of corporate deadline created in conjunction with the next big expo (PAXeast). 

This is why my posts have been mostly aidsy lately , i love dayz but I can't get myself or my crew to play it due to the boring population of experimental and the rough state of stable (pvp, rinse , repeat), and my suspicions of their need to appease the PAx crowds with an impressive future build only make me more bitter .

I guess  overall there's nothing I can do and being negative isn't going to help but damn I just feel like the devs could have gone down a better path that would have enabled us testers to actually get through this rough patch much quicker .

Edited by blackberrygoo

Playable builds should not be a priority at this point.  They are so close to de-tethering the game from the legacy tech, that any work they do to keep .61 player base happy is just going to be thrown away on the next patch cycle anyways.

Just wait for the main dish, and don't fill up on breadsticks.

• Like 1

I am closing this thread because new Stable update.