Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137813

Hello Experimental players!

• common crash upon connecting
  • another round of fixes for x64 client memory crashes
  • fix for invisible zombies (whose corpses required another blow to "kill" the invisible zombie)

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

Have a nice day Survivors!

• Like 9

Hey great work as always, i just wanted to ask if a fix for the black face bug is still being worked for .61 or are we gonna have to wait for more major updates for a fix?

11 minutes ago, Legion252 said:

Hey great work as always, i just wanted to ask if a fix for the black face bug is still being worked for .61 or are we gonna have to wait for more major updates for a fix?

I'm quite interested in getting the question answered as well.

The x64 client IS WORKING VERY SMOOTHLY RIGHT NOW!

I've been seeing performance issues for awhile on the x64 client but with this update the game finally runs as i feel my computer should be able to run it: without random stutters and unstable fps.

Thank you!

(for others to compare)

Windows 10 (x64)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8082MB RAM

Page File: 3035MB used, 13238MB available

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 3

I played the x64 version tonight on CE-01 and found V3S Cargo. I Had one stutter when I was carrying a barrel and ran past a zed. I had to kill the zed before it leveled out.  I had 0 memory errors!(played for an hour or so). The V3S Cargo ran so damn smooth! I was able to drive through forests and maintain a decent speed and go up little hills that I used to have to back way up and get momentum. If the other cars run as smooth as the V3 did this evening, I would say it's getting damn close to a stable ride. I didn't have to rotate tires or anything! It handled great!

Edited by Moscow Matt

1 hour ago, Moscow Matt said:

I played the x64 version tonight on CE-01 and found V3S Cargo. I Had one stutter when I was carrying a barrel and ran past a zed. I had to kill the zed before it leveled out.  I had 0 memory errors!(played for an hour or so). The V3S Cargo ran so damn smooth! I was able to drive through forests and maintain a decent speed and go up little hills that I used to have to back way up and get momentum. If the other cars run as smooth as the V3 did this evening, I would say it's getting damn close to a stable ride. I didn't have to rotate tires or anything! It handled great!

I'm guessing that by the few replies in this thread so far that not many people have had a chance to get on and test yet. I'm looking forward to hearing the performance feedback on the x64 client after tomorrow night when a larger population of players gets a chance to test it out.

I currently only log on in order to test performance, as I'm waiting for either aircraft or base-building before I start putting hours into it again, and this update seems to have provided me with the most drastic performance update since the great fps bump of 2016. The gap is finally visibly starting to close, and having waited stoically and patiently for so long it's reassuring to finally witness.

I played a couple hours earlier and had no crashes in x64 but I did experience slide show like frame rates while I was passenger in the bus with 3 other passengers.

It happened directly after bringing up the game options overlay used to adjust in game volume.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I killed a few wolves and then met up with emu and eventually Thurman and fing.

At Tisy emu managed to axe a wolf to death and it was very entertaining to watch.

I only wish I had thought to take screenshots.....

Later on at NWA emu accidentally killed me with the bus due to poor communication and I spawned as a black woman in Solnichny.

After absentmindedly jumping a sedan into the ocean, I looted a medical clinic and became Nurse Shaniqua Novotny.

When I tried to warm up by a fire I drew aggro but then once warm I ran east to emu dragging my friends with me.

Ducking into the gas station I was thinking I could punch out the 3 infected on my own but that was a bad idea and I died right before emu arrived.

I once again spawned near Solnichny (with my proper character model) and when emu met up with me again, I intentionally threw myself in front of his bus as I had wanted to log for the night anyway.

3l1dI6N.jpg

^The last desperate moments of Nurse Shaniqua Novotny.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 7

I had an issue last session with invisible infected, twice actually. Once in Novy Sobor and once at the airfield. The one in Novy Sobor I have recorded and will upload a ticket to the feedback tracker later this afternoon when I get to cutting out the certain part out of the recording. The other one was caused by BioHaze so I don't have the issue fully on camera, only the getting hit and rid part of it.

Edited by IMT

I went back to Tisy today, just itching to know if it was possible.  It is...

• Like 7

I played on UK-4 and the general gameplay was smooth (but only 3 players on the server). I found a Sedan in Novod and started driving west. The car felt good and just a little bit choppy from time to time. After some minutes of driving the server went down. When I logged back in I was back where I found the car but the car was gone. I think somebody mentioned some time ago that he spawned next to the car after a crash but I don't remember exactly if this was confirmed.

16 hours ago, Legion252 said:

We are working on fix, don't worry but I can not tell you more right now. 

7 hours ago, FlimFlamm said:

The x64 client IS WORKING VERY SMOOTHLY RIGHT NOW!

I've been seeing performance issues for awhile on the x64 client but with this update the game finally runs as i feel my computer should be able to run it: without random stutters and unstable fps.

Thank you!

Nice to hear!

3 hours ago, IMT said:

I had an issue last session with invisible infected, twice actually. Once in Novy Sobor and once at the airfield. The one in Novy Sobor I have recorded and will upload a ticket to the feedback tracker later this afternoon when I get to cutting out the certain part out of the recording. The other one was caused by BioHaze so I don't have the issue fully on camera, only the getting hit and rid part of it.

This is what we need to know, thank you!

We really need more information, can you send us everything you know about this issue?

1 hour ago, bingo_fuel said:

I played on UK-4 and the general gameplay was smooth (but only 3 players on the server). I found a Sedan in Novod and started driving west. The car felt good and just a little bit choppy from time to time. After some minutes of driving the server went down. When I logged back in I was back where I found the car but the car was gone. I think somebody mentioned some time ago that he spawned next to the car after a crash but I don't remember exactly if this was confirmed.

Vehicles are not persistent. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I went back to Tisy today, just itching to know if it was possible.  It is...

Nicely done! I wonder how (my method of) kiting will work against them. Against infected it works great.

6 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

We are working on fix, don't worry but I can not tell you more right now. 

Nice to hear!

This is what we need to know, thank you!

We really need more information, can you send us everything you know about this issue?

Vehicles are not persistent. :)

I will try and include as much information as I can in my ticket. I might know the cause of the bug. Everything, including the video will be in the ticket. When the servers get back up I will see if I can reproduce it.

Edited by IMT

Well, as you can see from the video, I started out with a couple lucky swings.  My method of trying to predict their lunges and knock them out of the air failed, so I reorganized my efforts to draw them into a tighter area where it was possible to keep after the same one until it fell.

Bring on the bears.

• Like 1