Sign in to follow this  
Thug Life Time

suggestions to consider

1.) Make it so when I pull an item from a slot it automatically puts it back to the slot(s) that it came from. It is extra annoying to pull an item out and then have it go to a higher slot on the character. I am sure a ton of players dislike this because it makes inventory organization take more time and makes it more frustrating because of how inconvenient this is (especially if you don't notice).

2.) Grenades damage should not go through walls. So far, grenades are extra glitchy when thrown in a house and other places. One problem I have is that when I throw a grenade, it freezes mid air only a few feet away or gets stuck on a wall literally more than a foot away. Really ruins the point of holding G to throw if that is going to happen. The problem is when players go to take cover at the furthest point of a house it kills them, if they run they get shot or the grenade blows up behind them and kills them.

3.) The bipod should be able to stop most swaying if there is an object super close to it or at least there should be a bipod use position like in arma 3 where it kinda connects you to the object the bipod is on.

4.) Bullet delay is really slow. If you use guns and try to hit a moving target, you have to aim unrealistically far forward. This makes sniping tough. Even at medium range shooting with guns like an AKM clearly show a big problem with bullet delay. Bullet speed should be increased slightly so people don't have to aim multiple meters ahead of a short range target to hit them.

5.) Sticks need to be nerfed greatly. I have seen players instantly pull out sticks and then hit a target really quick in the head on the helmet. It usually instantly kills or makes them go unconscious. I am talking specifically about the ballistic helmets and gorka ones, the sticks do one hti knock outs for some reason on the helmets that are supposed to help in those situations.

*You're

Ok, first ALPHA.

Now, everything you have posted will be fixed/tweaked by things which have been outlined in status reports.

There are many many OLD problems and bugs which MUST WAIT FOR LARGER CHANGES TO TAKE PLACE before the smaller related components are tweaked or COMPLETELY REPLACED.

Most of the things you are concerned with are effected by PLACEHOLDER elements from the mod or coded into old script around old mechanics.

You're fucking welcome. :D

4 hours ago, Thug Life Time said:

Just trying to help improve the community.

That's great but may I suggest you read and read and read and read and read some more to try to get up to speed.

99% of the player base are not properly educated about DayZ dev when they join the forum and it makes their contributions mostly pointless and adds to clutter on the forum.

On 2/16/2017 at 2:11 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

That's great but may I suggest you read and read and read and read and read some more to try to get up to speed.

99% of the player base are not properly educated about DayZ dev when they join the forum and it makes their contributions mostly pointless and adds to clutter on the forum.

While this may be true, it's not your job to rule what is ignorant and what isn't, brother. That's a Mod's job.

Basically he gave his list of issues in the form of suggestions for fixes based on his perspective. 

If it's duplicate or not, let the Mods tell him that. Our job is to contribute in any way we see fit. Yes it seems he has duplicate information, but it is from HIS point of view, see?

For example- yes nades are glitchy, we knew that, but he gave an example to better illustrate what he means.

Instead of saying "grenades have a really ridiculous blast radius" he specified just how bad it was with his house example. Even if we new grenades had unrealistic blast radiuses, the example of the house being between the target and the grenade allows us to better understand just how big unrealistic is.

Not trying to play dad here, just stating that SOME of his post can be considered valuable information.

1 hour ago, dorn956 said:

Not trying to play dad here, just stating that SOME of his post can be considered valuable information.

Sure but if any of you actually cared about the process we are involved with you would read and read and read, and then maybe figure out what's being addressed and in what order and why.

It's important to tell new players/forum members to get caught up and it is in no way the responsibility of the mods.

If you had the perspective of a 5 year member who has read EVERYTHING and is fully engaged in the process you would find these posts tedious at best.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

@BioHaze you got me there. Didn't look at it like that, probably cause I'm not experienced on this forum like you are. I withdraw my previous comment.

That part can be removed about the mod's duty,  but the rest still stands. Repeat information can still be useful if elaborated on :v