roguetrooper

Remove zombies, 100 player servers

I know that it it's not going to happen. But somehow the zombies are just annoying and rediculous. It's still in every bit of DayZ's DNA that this engine was never made to handle melee combat. Remove the zombies and spend server power on 100 players. Without zombies, the game wouldn't loose a tiniest bit of its intensity. Anyway, the zombies are just an "excuse" why the society has fallen apart and everybody fights everybody. Don't try to make it an sophisticated "survival simulator". How much survival simulation can it be sitting in a comfortable chair in a warm room with a toilet, fridge and soft bed in your reach? When you want to survive a long time, you just need to draw back into the woods, gathering some food and fire wood and avoid any contact to human players. But, yeah, for being bored, I don't need a computer. Let it just be an open world shooter (with having to care about food and temperature). That's the core of it.

Edited by roguetrooper

You're right it wont happen on regular servers, but probably something you could set up for a PvP server once modding and more server tools arrive.

It's tough to comment on this and maintain any sense of civility so I'll just say this: re-evaluate your position on melee combat AFTER the new player controller is fully integrated and the old physics system is fully gone.

Everything else you said is absolute nonsense, a result of being coddled by an incomplete placeholder that barely deserved the term "game". You don't get DayZ.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 3

Remove guns because we don't need them.  There's enough open world to harvest food and create gardens to make this a great gardener game.  

See how stupid that sounds

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Remove guns because we don't need them.  There's enough open world to harvest food and create gardens to make this a great gardener game.  

See how stupid that sounds

Also, they should add even more books so we can read them. Maybe even cooking recipes, well, why not just make DayZ an ultra-realistic cooking and gardening simulator?

I know that it it's not going to happen. 

Enough said.

Edited by Just Caused
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomquark said:

ARMA3

This is actually the perfect point. The game the OP wants already exists, and has for a very long time.

• Like 1

This post just gave me terminal cancer. Stop, DayZ is not the game for you.

I especially like this bit:

On 15.02.2017 at 11:32 AM, roguetrooper said:

IDon't try to make it an sophisticated "survival simulator". How much survival simulation can it be sitting in a comfortable chair in a warm room with a toilet, fridge and soft bed in your reach?

The boy must be doing his pewpew from Afghanistan. Otherwise, how much of a simulation can it be?

I suggested this, not because zombies are per se bad or don't fit into an apocalyptic survival setting. The DayZ zombies are just so terribly bad and annoying (at least still) because the Arma engine was never made for melee combat.

1 hour ago, roguetrooper said:

I suggested this, not because zombies are per se bad or don't fit into an apocalyptic survival setting. The DayZ zombies are just so terribly bad and annoying (at least still) because the Arma engine was never made for melee combat.

Don't get your panties in a bunch wait and see what the infected are like with the new engine.

Like the chap further above said "ARMA3" it has loads of mods that are player faction based with light survival elements. wasteland and exile to name a few.

go on then go get em