Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[0.61] 34 Updates?

I was in the Experimental Patch Discussion and for some reason started counting all the 0.61 updates and...blamo 34 updates.

Beast Mode <ON>

That is all...

• Like 4

I really like the frequent updates and if it's stable (no pun intended) the push to the Stable branch. Part of the reason would probably be to test the build under an higher stress. If the build fails at Stable, push a fix to Experimental, let the Experimental community test it there and then push to Stable again to let the Stable community test it.

Of course they are bugfixes and maybe some polishing but that's needed as well. Hope we can see this more and more, big updates every now and then with new things and after that small updates with bugfixes and polishing.

Edited by IMT

Old practice was: no updates/fixes between major builds, and that could last for months.

I like this, but I miss big updates more often. Like it was pre .58.

this is true. The new playercontroller is also a very large part in the game engine, therefore also somewhat understandable that much is totally buggy or badly works. We hope that the Devs the controller as soon as possible, even if only as a first basic system. Until then, we're gonna wait for a gameplay, even if the graphics and sound engine always get a small update.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

this is true. The new playercontroller is also a very large part in the game engine, therefore also somewhat understandable that much is totally buggy or badly works. We hope that the Devs the controller as soon as possible, even if only as a first basic system. Until then, we're gonna wait for a gameplay, even if the graphics and sound engine always get a small update.

My guess...

.62 = Visual Overhaul

.63 = New Animation System

.64 = Player Controller

.65 = Major Features a la Base Building, Advanced Barricading

.66 = Beta

DISCLAIMER: I'm plenty wrong so there's that =P

• Like 1

On 2/15/2017 at 1:41 AM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

My guess...

.62 = Visual Overhaul

.64 = Player Controller

.66 = Beta

Have a look:

And here is the latest Status Report:

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-7-february-2017

• Like 2

Which will be 1.0 right.

the other .38 is going on holidays to the tropics?

- take me too please, i haven't had one since 1990

10 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Have a look:

Whoa really? I've heard Hicks say time and time again that the Alpha phase is made up of 85% new features and 15% bug fixing and when Beta hits it'll be 85% bug fixing and 15% new features. 

Not sure how this new development makes sense when we have a new animation system, player controller, new weapons, advanced animal AI, animal companions, modding tools, new basic vehicles, advanced vehicles, base building, advanced barricading, and much much more along with all of the other bells and whistles that still haven't been discussed. That's a lot of features to fall into a 15% category.

EDIT: Just read over https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-7-february-2017 and I don't see anything that says we're moving to Beta after .62. I read every Status Report and can't believe I would miss that.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Whoa really? I've heard Hicks say time and time again that the Alpha phase is made up of 85% new features and 15% bug fixing and when Beta hits it'll be 85% bug fixing and 15% new features. 

Not sure how this new development makes sense when we have a new animation system, player controller, new weapons, advanced animal AI, animal companions, modding tools, new basic vehicles, advanced vehicles, base building, advanced barricading, and much much more along with all of the other bells and whistles that still haven't been discussed. That's a lot of features to fall into a 15% category.

EDIT: Just read over https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-7-february-2017 and I don't see anything that says we're moving to Beta after .62. I read every Status Report and can't believe I would miss that.

Hi Weyland,

0.63 = Beta

This was first mention by @Hicks_206 (DayZ) at a Gaming convention panel in November/December I believe.

The latest status report 7 Feb 17- "I'll touch briefly on .62 - and then I'd like to give a little perspective on the work currently under way for the bulk of the team (Beta milestone)." Also this quote ".....as we're working on the .62 and Beta milestones now..." and this quote "...eagerly awaiting visuals and news from .62 and Beta..."

From Status Report 24 Jan 17 - "...With the bulk of the team working on the Beta milestone, a smaller strike team working on 0.62,...." and "...As we get further into 0.62 and Beta development...."

From Status Report 10 Jan 17 - "...As work on 0.62 and the Beta milestones move forward,..." and "....and pushing forward into 0.62 and Beta."

From Eugenes post this morning - "....we only run version 0.63 which is BETA for us."

Features that are being implemented in Beta (0.63)

Now that all scripting in DayZ has been changed to Enforce from SQF, this will allow pretty much all the features you have mentioned to be implemented, including:

• Character Controller - everything being added is pretty much dependent on this
  • New animations which are all done
  • New weapons - most of them are ready to go I believe, just waiting on the new controller and animations
  • Animal AI - we already have wolves and bears are coming, not sure when though for bears

Features that we don't know much about

• Maybe Advanced vehicles (i assume you are talking about choppers) as this was linked to the new animation and controller. The vehicles that are currently in 0.61 exp (Lada, sedan, trucks and bus) need further work before they are back in stable, hopefully this is done before Beta
  • Base building and barricading - there are already base building materials in the game files, however we haven't heard much lately on progress
  • Companion animals - haven't heard much on this front as well
  • Modding - couldn't care less when this happens, that can be part of the 15% Hicks was talking about
  • Hordes of Infected - This I do care about but we haven't heard much lately on this front (still loving the mini hordes you get when you shoot in Elektro!!)

Basically 0.63/Beta is going to be the biggest change to DayZ ever. All the legacy issues/glitches will be gone (with new ones springing up of course!!) with all new systems and measures coming into play. Is it going to be buggy? Hell yes!! Will they still need to add content? Hell yes!!!

The only quote that literally says anything concrete is the Eugen comment ("we only run version 0.63 which is BETA for us.") which I hadn't read yet. Everything Hicks typed is very ambiguous. I talked with some forum OG's and they didn't literally think for sure it was .63 either.

3 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

The only quote that literally says anything concrete is the Eugen comment ("we only run version 0.63 which is BETA for us.") which I hadn't read yet. Everything Hicks typed is very ambiguous. I talked with some forum OG's and they didn't literally think for sure it was .63 either.

I will try and find video of the panel that Hicks was on where he said we have 0.62 then 0.63 will be Beta, if I have time....

• Like 1

Beta means the DayZ has finalized the final core program and is implemented. It means that starting from the time with the installation of all feature can be started. It would certainly be stubid to think that it would be equal to everything in the pipeline is inserted, this would make the optimization of the program framework more difficult. How is it so beautiful: step by step

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Beta means the DayZ has finalized the final core program and is implemented. It means that starting from the time with the installation of all feature can be started. It would certainly be stubid to think that it would be equal to everything in the pipeline is inserted, this would make the optimization of the program framework more difficult. How is it so beautiful: step by step

Stupid?

Hicks has said DayZ will be feature complete by Beta. We're no way near feature complete.

Do you still think the game will be “feature complete” by the end of this calendar year?

Brian Hicks: When you say feature complete, it means the implementation of these features, the first, the basic flesh out, as we say, that’s the first iteration of vehicles. I still think we have a good chance of by the end of this year, being in what we consider beta, which is where we stop focusing so much on core features and switching to bug fixing and small content.

SOURCE: http://www.dayztv.com/post/dayz-interview-brian-hicks-engine-mods-hordes-beta/

There are a ton of new features coming in. Bug fixing and small content doesn't mean: base building, new player controller, new animation system, choppers, new vehicles, new guns, new map, modding, horses, animal companions, bears, diseases, improved cooking and horticulture, advanced anti-hack system (dynamic BattlEye), advanced vehicles (repair and modifications), player statistics, player stamina, new physics system, steam community integration, advanced barricading, character life span + soft skills, animal predators + birds, aerial transport, advanced communication.

Look man, all of this stuff mentioned ^ is BEFORE BETA.

SOURCE: http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-2015-roadmap/

I've been really supportive of the project, staff, development, but this is a joke. I like Hicks, but this lack of transparency thing is starting to look like deception. The complaint argument is looking like smoke & mirrors, lets get a proper road map please. They owe it to us that have been patient. It's wrong not to.

Population is dropping back to all time lows again. At the rate we've been going lately the community can't do another year+ for 1.0

SOURCE: http://steamcharts.com/app/221100

If this is going to take another two years there needs to be a drop in GSP pricing. Why should we pay full price to the GSP's for a game that's not fully done? I understand the game is in development and the disclaimers blah, but it would be nice if communities got a break considering the Top 20 servers are community driven. If the Top 20 vanished, do you really think they would move to pub servers? Doubtful. The game isn't being sold for full price (you know the game price will go up at 1.0), why are the servers full price?

Because I give you right, it's really Stupid to wait longer for anything. What the Devs mentioned was what still comes everything, I believe that will also be in the game. Influence on how fast this will go depends then maybe also a bit of us, since I mean I as well and qualitatively the people the features test and reporting in the Exp branch. To get excited, the whole does not continue, I too would have liked a faster progress. So I will probably soon synonymous in rows of the experimental groups to push and test, test and reporting, even if for me as a person with English only thanks to "translator" cope.

Dankä, fürs läsä

• Like 1

I "heard" BI got around 80 people working on DayZ SA. I dont know if this is true?

But that is not economically rewarding from a business perspective at all - I would understand it better if they only had 10 people working on DayZ SA and 70 people working on a new DayZ from scratch.

That would make sense and I would'nt mind waiting and paying for DayZ once more if they made DayZ an AAA title done right the first time.

In fact I would like to pay a LOT more, like 100 "Escape from Tarkov" euros because the amount of hours I've spent on DayZ so far is ridiculous and worth every cent.

I dont know what they did to the EXP right before making it 0.61 stable, but it was perfect. The 34 following patches feels like making up for this using trial and error although I know they are fixing bugs - and doing a great on that, btw!

Right now, there is absolutely no consistency in the battle system. People continue to live on seconds after they should have dropped, resulting in them killing you as well - when you really were the first guy to hit/shoot!

This is punishing what MOST people consider having fun and is a disappointing game experience. I urge the devs to adress this issue as soon as they have time available on their hands!

And please dont use counter-arguments like DayZ was not meant for PvP - if people were ONLY doing RP and PvE in DayZ it would just be the regular posters, forever carrying the positive torch in here, playing the game.

Consequence is essential to ANY game and DayZ is built on executing the consequences of your actions. Killing other players is a huge part of the selling point and every DayZ community outside this forum.

Please dont kill me for saying it out loud, peeps. But someone needed to - because I love this game, I think this game, I dream it and I am in the game more hours than I probably should and I want to see it succeed as much as you want to :)

EDIT: The colour palette used in this game is the most authentic and realistic looking I have ever seen and DayZ is the only game matching the colours of the world just right - thumbs up!

Edited by Skadefr0en

On 2/17/2017 at 5:06 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

Have a look:

Aha! So I was right about this :D I speculated this at the end of my "Day Z is going in the right direction" thread. 

On 2/14/2017 at 7:41 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

My guess...

.62 = Visual Overhaul

.64 = Player Controller

.66 = Beta

Haven't we already seen the visual overhaul? From my understanding, the next update is the new player controller, which will include all those new animations because they are dependent on it. I think they are also reworking character models with the new player controller as well, which might be what you interpreted as a visual overhaul. The new renderer and Enfusion engine were our visual overhaul. 

Edited by Solopopo

17 hours ago, Solopopo said:

Haven't we already seen the visual overhaul? From my understanding, the next update is the new player controller, which will include all those new animations because they are dependent on it. I think they are also reworking character models with the new player controller as well, which might be what you interpreted as a visual overhaul. The new renderer and Enfusion engine were our visual overhaul. 

No. Next update is the visual overhaul...its in the Status Report.

On 2/22/2017 at 10:54 AM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

No. Next update is the visual overhaul...its in the Status Report.

Derp. Sorry about that. 

.62 is set to be an important update but in theory won't last long before .63 is moved to. That is unless un-forseen obstacles blocking the visual update arise.

All said, I'm actually patiently waiting the implementation of the single feature which for me makes me want to play DayZ long term. Aircraft.

Those who know me know my obsession with aircraft...

Has there been any info whatsoever on them as of late?

Any guesses where they fit in to the build schedule?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FlimFlamm said:

.62 is set to be an important update but in theory won't last long before .63 is moved to. That is unless un-forseen obstacles blocking the visual update arise.

All said, I'm actually patiently waiting the implementation of the single feature which for me makes me want to play DayZ long term. Aircraft.

Those who know me know my obsession with aircraft...

Has there been any info whatsoever on them as of late?

Any guesses where they fit in to the build schedule?

They leaked an image of a Crop Duster a while back (September 2016). No additional info though, sorry.

They don't talk about much anymore. We haven't even had proper changelog since .58 (August 26, 2015).

I have a question for you...where do you plan to hide your aircraft?

In the mod, the north wasn't as traveled as it is now. There used to be a circular hole cut out in the woods near where Svetlo is now...I used to land my choppers there and only had one stolen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

They leaked an image of a crop duster a while back. No additional info though, sorry. They don't talk about much anymore. We haven't even had patch notes since .56 or .57.

I have a question for you...where do you plan to hide your aircraft?

In the mod, the north wasn't as traveled right now. There used to be a circular hole cut out in the woods near where Svetlo is now...I used to land my choppers there and only had one stolen once. 

For now, if need be, in the wasteland zone behind a hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I've ever needed to resort to that, but in the past I've basically looked for the unobvious nooks and crannies that people otherwise ten not to hike to. While it's true in the mod I had my pick of a new mountaintop each night, my plan is to be more group reliant and to use fortifications, traps, and mechanics like removing batteries and other vital parts to have sustainable ownership.

• Like 2