Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.61.137741

Good afternoon Survivors,

we’ll be pushing Experimental update 0.61.137741 to Stable branch.

What is new today:

• fix for a method of player's items in hands getting desynced for others
  • fix for lightsources causing significant FPS drops

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

No vehicles in this update. We are still testing them on Experimental branch.

No character wipe.

Do you have a game crash? We would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our feedback tracker. By submitting those files, you can help us to solve game crash issues.

If you find some bugs let me know on our Feedback Tracker. Thank you!

• Like 4

The DayZ Stable community player base thanks you guys for pushing out this update! Good work!

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, at which point are vehicles acceptable for you guys to implement them into Stable?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Good afternoon Survivors,

we’ll be pushing Experimental update 0.61.137741 to Stable branch.

What is new today:

• fix for a method of player's items in hands getting desynced for others
  • fix for lightsources causing significant FPS drops

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

No vehicles in this update. We are still testing them on Experimental branch.

No character wipe.

Do you have a game crash? We would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our feedback tracker. By submitting those files, you can help us to solve game crash issues.

If you find some bugs let me know on our Feedback Tracker. Thank you!

Baty,

Is there anything we can do, on our event nights. See this is a perfect time to parse what we have on the event servers. We all (meaning over 10 clans) fight it all out each Saturday nights and for other nights on EU, and NZ servers.

The reason i ask this of you guys, is because we are basically putting the server and clients through hell. We pvp, with larger, smaller groups clans in towns, cities, and areas.

Individual players are not able to do what we do on the servers. It is not just wide open combat but city, towns and such. It is really pushing the clients to the max. Which i need some info on this, to help find a solution to the problems. I cant stress this enough, how difficult these performance hits are taking on everyone.

Its a private server, actually many servers. Normally runs great with players, groups etc.. but once you start having any interactions like the size we do 10-30 all in an area, to max 50 it all goes to hell.

1. Could it be the items?

2. Could it be the map, objects?

Which files can we send from clients, or server to help reproduce information to the devs?

Thank you

Sneaks

P.s I am trying to be the voice for 200+ players, and find out what we can do. With the administrations approval of course for any server related parses etc..

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Baty,

Is there anything we can do, on our event nights. See this is a perfect time to parse what we have on the event servers. We all (meaning over 10 clans) fight it all out each Saturday nights and for other nights on EU, and NZ servers.

The reason i ask this of you guys, is because we are basically putting the server and clients through hell. We pvp, with larger, smaller groups clans in towns, cities, and areas.

Individual players are not able to do what we do on the servers. It is not just wide open combat but city, towns and such. It is really pushing the clients to the max. Which i need some info on this, to help find a solution to the problems. I cant stress this enough, how difficult these performance hits are taking on everyone.

Its a private server, actually many servers. Normally runs great with players, groups etc.. but once you start having any interactions like the size we do 10-30 all in an area, to max 50 it all goes to hell.

Which files can we send from clients, or server to help reproduce information to the devs?

Thank you

Sneaks

P.s I am trying to be the voice for 200+ players, and find out what we can do. With the administrations approval of course for any server related parses etc..

We know exactly what you're talking about there Sneaky. It is a problem with our events; or any server's events for that matter; and having that many people within the same network bubble. People not being able to login within that bubble, the extreme desync and the general wonkiness of having that many people in close proximity. It's a problem that highly effects our events and playability of those said events.

This happens across all our servers during events, some instances are worse than others but the general problems always rear their heads. Network code needs some serious love...

I know, I know... Alpha :D

• Like 2

15 hours ago, HIHBGaming said:

We know exactly what you're talking about there Sneaky. It is a problem with our events; or any server's events for that matter; and having that many people within the same network bubble. People not being able to login within that bubble, the extreme desync and the general wonkiness of having that many people in close proximity. It's a problem that highly effects our events and playability of those said events.

This happens across all our servers during events, some instances are worse than others but the general problems always rear their heads. Network code needs some serious love...

I know, I know... Alpha :D

Yes sir, i completely agree. I only hope there is a way the Devs can work with us a little bit and get the problem information out to them faster.

I offered to help test individual items, objects, etc.. for a very long time now, and i hope that whatever is causing all this network bubble issue, it comes to an end.

It is not a FPS issue so much as a huge hit, dropping connections etc... Desync, skating, losing cons. the list gets larger, and i have no way to get each report done from 50 clients@a time experiencing different problems.

Hopefully there is a way, to either turn on -log"ServerName" from each client on the Private server, and send that auto to BI

I wish for too much don't i?

ATM the feeling is a 4 player game co-op, but that's just the way i feel.

Edited by sneakydude

3 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Yes sir, i completely agree. I only hope there is a way the Devs can work with us a little bit and get the problem information out to them faster.

I offered to help test individual items, objects, etc.. for a very long time now, and i hope that whatever is causing all this network bubble issue, it comes to an end.

It is not a FPS issue so much as a huge hit, dropping connections etc... Desync, skating, losing cons. the list gets larger, and i have no way to get each report done from 50 clients@a time experiencing different problems.

Hopefully there is a way, to either turn on -log"ServerName" from each client on the Private server, and send that auto to BI

I wish for too much don't i?

ATM the feeling is a 4 player game co-op, but that's just the way i feel.

This week-end we were with 8 people in Tisy and there were no problems. But what you guys did/are doing is actually great. Stuff like this doesn't happen because there is no way that with internal testing or with regular gameplay on Stable or Experimental things like this can be tested. With this feedback they can look for a solution and/or solve the bug which causes it.

Maybe the developers can adjust this accordingly in collaboration with the community, to arrange some specific testing to resolve issues which will not be found by regular gameplay or internal testing.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2017 at 8:23 AM, sneakydude said:

Baty,

Thank you

Sneaks

As we have discussed in the Status Reports - we are aware of, and working on the issues. However, I'll have Baty reach out and see if we can gather any specific profiling data from your servers.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, IMT said:

This week-end we were with 8 people in Tisy and there were no problems. But what you guys did/are doing is actually great. Stuff like this doesn't happen because there is no way that with internal testing or with regular gameplay on Stable or Experimental things like this can be tested. With this feedback they can look for a solution and/or solve the bug which causes it.

Maybe the developers can adjust this accordingly in collaboration with the community, to arrange some specific testing to resolve issues which will not be found by regular gameplay or internal testing.

It is a very large scaled operation that happens on 3 master hives EU/AU/USA. Each has its own event, some are RP events, most are Encounters.

The teams we setup, are more called factions, alliances that go head on head with what ever event we decide to conjurer up. I have seen fights go as large as 50 in the area, to as small as 8, there is many 1v1 encounters but with 30 or more in the area.

We have seen all the lag bubbles one wants to see, we have seen all the hands stuck features we want to see, and most of all i cant count on two hands how many get disconnected through the event.

Normally what will happen, is someone will get desync'ed and fall through a building object, and then others fall through rocks at the same time.

Such is the case in this video. (Players fell through the ship, at the same time north of the ship a player fell through the rock) It happened at the very same time. I know we organized it and got into TS together.

This was around the time the muzzle flash was causing FPS issues? however many of us did rather well at the ship.

The next video was a horrible instance of how the Muzzle Flash killed everyones FPS. We did not have half the server all inside Tisy at once.

The muzzle flash was locking players into a 1-5fps for a few seconds to 1 minute i assumed. Everyone felt it at the same time.

Not only that as soon as we (12) entered the area just shortly after a huge gun fight at the Tisy Admin building, we all locked up hardcore.

It was the lag bubble not just muzzle flashes. Nothing was going off, but the lag bubble entering the area.

This last video was on this past Saturday night. (everyone agreed this was one of the worst)

This video was only one sided, They where in the area for some time defending against us.

The call was to move in 50 players constant on the server, we rebooted the server once, after we kept losing about 10+ players.

A small group of us, actually locked up and started to skate across the ground north of Electro, around the 3 shipping containers, road and a large tree. It started to go to hell and back the whole server.

If there is something else we can do or explain i would do so. I have been posting everything i can.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

As we have discussed in the Status Reports - we are aware of, and working on the issues. However, I'll have Baty reach out and see if we can gather any specific profiling data from your servers.

That sir is awesome, It would help you guys out big time.

Anything we or i can do to help.

On 2/13/2017 at 5:23 PM, sneakydude said:

Baty,

Thank you

Sneaks

Is it possible to do this event on Friday? I don't know your time zone - is it EST? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Is it possible to do this event on Friday? I don't know your time zone - is it EST? 

On Behalf of HIHB,

My Time is Est, however ill see if the server owner of HIHB can speak to you directly, events are scheduled ahead of time. Most of the times it is setup Cst, but that may change down the road.

Like i was saying prior anything at all would have to be discussed with the current owners of the server, we are just a faction of many other factions involved, on HIHB Servers.

I do not have the ability to manage this, as i am not paying for the servers directly. I am sure you understand. But i have asked the server owner to pop in and speak to you, if possible.

Edited by sneakydude

Is this what cooked wolf steak looks like now or am I about to have an interesting afternoon?

I3HOjeF.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Is this what cooked wolf steak looks like now or am I about to have an interesting afternoon?

I3HOjeF.jpg

Nice, i haven't seen that. Looks much more like raw though?? the fat isn't cooked.

I wouldn't try it unless you want to get sick. Until they confirm it.

Yeah, I decided not to eat it. I'm really not sure what happened. It went from raw to this and then black and crispy. I killed 4 wolves in this outing and two sets of 4 turned out like this and I let two cook a little longer and they got burned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Yeah, I decided not to eat it. I'm really not sure what happened. It went from raw to this and then black and crispy. I killed 4 wolves in this outing and two sets of 4 turned out like this and I let two cook a little longer and they got burned.

Glad you warned us about this, I would hate to kill off a character for no reason.

8 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Glad you warned us about this, I would hate to kill off a character for no reason.

You can survive basic food poisoning, even without charcoal tabs. You just have to hug a well and keep light green hydrated and energized. Takes about 2 or 3 hours to run its course. You probably already know that, but just a general fyi for others. I accidentally ate undercooked chicken last week and didn't have charcoal. You cannot get touched by zombies at all and I'd wager that even a single bullet will do you in, but if you hide and keep yourself fed and watered to the max, you can get through it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

You can survive basic food poisoning, even without charcoal tabs. You just have to hug a well and keep light green hydrated and energized. Takes about 2 or 3 hours to run its course. You probably already know that, but just a general fyi for others. I accidentally ate undercooked chicken last week and didn't have charcoal. You cannot get touched by zombies at all and I'd wager that even a single bullet will do you in, but if you hide and keep yourself fed and watered to the max, you can get through it.

I personally stopped eating food from AI when the cows went infected, bad meat. A few patches ago. It was hard seeing going from healthy to very sick. I then decided to wait until the cooking food system was complete.

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Maybe it's because I cooked the meat in a pot that contained no water?

That is the answer.  If you cook meat in a frying pan, or a pot without water, you will want to have some lard in the pan.  Without this lard, you aren't frying the meat, but rather just searing it.  It is extremely difficult to get meat cooked without water or fat, as the difference between done, and burnt, is very slight.

The meat that you showed in the picture was fully cooked; without any fat or water.  It is perfectly edible that way, just more difficult to tell if it is finished, and seemingly quicker to burn.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

As Sneaky as stated we typically do our events(in US anyway) on Saturdays at 9pm Central which is 10pm EST.

If needed we can try and get something together this week on Friday night to help with this. We may need some extra bodies since it's such short notice. What time were you thinking?

Anything else you need from HIHB whether it be from our US, AU or EU servers, just let me know. Let's Make DayZ Great Again! :)

Edited by HIHBGaming
Time change for EST
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HIHBGaming said:

As Sneaky as stated we typically do our events(in US anyway) on Saturdays at 9pm Central which is 8pm EST.

If needed we can try and get something together this week on Friday night to help with this. We may need some extra bodies since it's such short notice. What time were you thinking?

Anything else you need from HIHB whether it be from our US, AU or EU servers, just let me know. Let's Make DayZ Great Again! :)

If it's a manageable time for me (CET) then I would love to help out. I'm pretty sure that other Experimental regulars won't mind helping out either.

• Like 1