Sign in to follow this  
dancrimson

DayZ Experimental 0.61

So I tried to connect to DayZ AUS 0-8 (Experimental/Unstable), and I got the message "Bad version, server rejected connection".  I was just wondering if that's something on my part, or if it is something on the servers part.

Have you downloaded experimentall on steam?

If not, in your library right click dayz. Select properties and then opt in to the beta through one of those options. You'll download the latest experimental patch and be good to go.

Y

10 minutes ago, stinkenheim said:

Have you downloaded experimentall on steam?

If not, in your library right click dayz. Select properties and then opt in to the beta through one of those options. You'll download the latest experimental patch and be good to go.

Yes, it says Dayz(experimental) on steam. I have also tried "verify integrity of game" with no prevail.

Edit: I can join other experimental servers, but I lagg so I choose not to play them. So I assume it is just the server.

Edited by dancrimson

3 hours ago, dancrimson said:

DayZ AUS 0-8 (Experimental/Unstable)

It is possible that it's not actually an official Experimental server.  Someone may have named their stable server DayZ AUS 0-8 (Experimental/Unstable).  Sort of like naming a perfectly good server Do not join - your character will be wiped!   People actually do things like this, sometimes to get traffic but usually to keep their public server as empty as possible.  

You don't need to do anything in AU to keep public server as empty as possible,that's how they are, empty.

Even in prime times you might get 200 players with all servers combined

Edited by aussiebobby

2 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

It is possible that it's not actually an official Experimental server.  Someone may have named their stable server DayZ AUS 0-8 (Experimental/Unstable).  Sort of like naming a perfectly good server Do not join - your character will be wiped!   People actually do things like this, sometimes to get traffic but usually to keep their public server as empty as possible.  

Real experimental servers don't show up on gametracker. So I assume it is a real experimental server.

Edit: Maybe they don't update it cause it isn't as active as other experimental servers. The only time people want to play experimental is when something interesting is released.

Edited by dancrimson

Experimental servers are mostly with bad pings and connections. Only so can really a good stress test be made. Just search another Exp server .. even if the pings are bad.

20 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Experimental servers are mostly with bad pings and connections. Only so can really a good stress test be made. Just search another Exp server .. even if the pings are bad.

That's why I play on AU experimental. Zombies are laggy af on other experimental servers. :D

Edit: I think GaryWalnuts was right, It is probably a privately owned server, I got a server ban.

Edited by dancrimson