Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137741

It was nice too see so many players on experimental servers during the weekend.

- Black face bug almost every session.

- Gun stuck on reload. Had to reconnect to fix.

- After respawn I was sliding to left all over the map. Had to reconnect.

- Crawling infected is pushing players character all over the place.

Just checkin' @MadMcardle.  Things might be different over here on Exp.

54 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Our server is private ;) @emuthreat

Just wondering if your server spawns loot consistently throughout the server duration or does it tend to spit it out after a restart then go barren until the next restart?

2 hours ago, Seitan said:

Do you have more information about this issue, please?

Don't have any visual proof. But now that i'm remembering (at work). It was Sporter with 10rnd mag. Painted it black. Magazine dropped to the ground because of the paint? Added the mag from the ground as an attachment to the gun. Shot 1 round, press reload --> and then it started to reload constantly by itself. First emptying the mag one bullet at the time and then the reload animation was just going and going... could't remove gun from the hand. When i reconnected the gun was fine. Every bullet was in my inventory separately and mag attached.

4 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

I had this issue with the Carbine. I painted it, the mag then disappeared. I pressed R to see if it was chambered, instead it spat out 5 bullets and stuck my character in prone and i was sliding across the map.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Konzum said:

I had this issue with the Carbine. I painted it, the mag then disappeared. I pressed R to see if it was chambered, instead it spat out 5 bullets and stuck my character in prone and i was sliding across the map.

I've seen this a lot with players after checking their bodies they seem to have alot of individual rounds spat about in their inventory. Perhaps they experienced that bug as well...while reloading

9 hours ago, Seitan said:

It was nice too see so many players on experimental servers during the weekend.

- Black face bug almost every session.

- After respawn I was sliding to left all over the map. Had to reconnect.

- Crawling infected is pushing players character all over the place.

Painting any mag, disappears.

I believe some fixes need to be applied on items asap, to reduce the stuck feature.

The sliding also was an issue on our 50 man server event. We will see if the new stable will effect the same thing your seeing here. May be a small difference in stable to exp, but i cant see by much at this point in changes by the devs. I don't know though.

Edited by sneakydude

59 minutes ago, x7xNeighborx7x said:

I've seen this a lot with players after checking their bodies they seem to have alot of individual rounds spat about in their inventory. Perhaps they experienced that bug as well...while reloading

Pretty much all mags disappear after painting them. They go poof, your forced to relog.

If you hit empty it keeps sometimes reloading the animations too. Your forced to EXT the game manually ctrl + Del

If the devs can finish repairing this issue, it might reduce some of the stuck issues, and reports by us.

Edited by sneakydude

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Just checkin' @MadMcardle.  Things might be different over here on Exp.

You're basing your theory on experimental? I thought you said on your server, meaning one you own lol, my bad.

8 hours ago, O_HellFire said:

Just wondering if your server spawns loot consistently throughout the server duration or does it tend to spit it out after a restart then go barren until the next restart?

I have run the military bases several times and always found something, other members of my community have been helping too.

Edited by MadMcardle

HaHa, Nope.  I loosely consider the servers on which I have established a base to be "my" servers, but I'm not about to rent a server for a game that is still under development.  To each his own...

This is the experimental discussion thread, Isn't it?  This issue with the CLE getting picked-over seems to be a pretty regular occurrence since .59.  Stashing loot definitely seems to have and effect on the spawns.  Need a longer weekend between patches to get a better degree of certainty.

@Dev (DayZ) I know this is going to get a lot of hate but persistence (items in tent but not on player) should be disabled until launch. The reason I say that is that there are a lot of people (being nice here...) that have 10+ tents with what most players consider to be highly sought after items (guns, ammo, food, backpacks, canteens, pet bottles, weapon attachments (clips, scopes, etc.) that they will NEVER use but are doing so mainly to keep those items from other players and I'm sure a few of those same players also do it so they can feel "elite" when they kill a weaker player (fresh spawn). If persistence isn't an option, please consider adding a despawn timer on highly sought after items (even if they're in tents) so that players will no longer be able to hoard items they'll never use and those same items can end up in the hands of players that would be willing to use them. Yes, there will be a bunch of whiny ass cry babies that will bitch and moan because they can no longer hoard stuff, easily re-gear themselves by running to their camp, or feel "elite' by not allowing others to get the items they're hoarding but this is a survival simulator after all and not be an asshole and hoard everything simulator. This will most likely also cut down on KOS'ing as they will have to be more careful about what they carry or they risk dying themselves from lack of food, water, etc.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I know this is going to get a lot of hate

You should not be concerning yourself with staying "competitive" in Experimental branch.

A: Persistence is WIPED with every patch even when characters are not.

B: The servers with persistence on rarely go 3+ days before being wiped.

C: The people I know who are filling those tents are spending countless hours filling them in futility (in regards to persistence) if only to make more in depth logs regarding the CLE and storage for the devs. *See also testing. They are not people who are sniping you on the coast. *For the most part.

D: If you store your best gear and ammo on your character before every wipe, you will keep that stuff you held on to and this leaves all of the loot to respawn throughout the map.

If you are getting killed by heavily geared characters they are not likely the same people filling tents in Experimental.

People are still server hopping to PvP and grief on the coast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought we might get a patch today.... oh well.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

C: The people I know who are filling those tents are spending countless hours filling them in futility (in regards to persistence) if only to make more in depth logs regarding the CLE and storage for the devs. *See also testing. They are not people who are sniping you on the coast. *For the most part.

The problem with that is it does not require 45+ tents full of hoarded loot to accomplish that. Something like that could be accomplished with less tents as well as less loot because even with a smaller amount of tents and loot the same thing still gets accomplished regarding logs for the CLE. 

26 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

The problem with that is it does not require 45+ tents full of hoarded loot to accomplish that. Something like that could be accomplished with less tents as well as less loot because even with a smaller amount of tents and loot the same thing still gets accomplished regarding logs for the CLE. 

No sir, more borked = better data sets, deeper data sets, bugs expressed sooner, rather than later, for all aspects concerning the CLE/persistence.

EVERYTHING, including PvP, if you can do it in DayZ, please do it ad nauseum in Experimental, do it until something dies inside you, and the code.

Won't anyone think of the children?!?

• Like 1

@Dev (DayZ) I know this is going to get a lot of hate but persistence (items in tent but not on player) should be disabled until launch. The reason I say that is that there are a lot of people (being nice here...) that have 10+ tents with what most players consider to be highly sought after items (guns, ammo, food, backpacks, canteens, pet bottles, weapon attachments (clips, scopes, etc.) that they will NEVER use but are doing so mainly to keep those items from other players and I'm sure a few of those same players also do it so they can feel "elite" when they kill a weaker player (fresh spawn). If persistence isn't an option, please consider adding a despawn timer on highly sought after items (even if they're in tents) so that players will no longer be able to hoard items they'll never use and those same items can end up in the hands of players that would be willing to use them. Yes, there will be a bunch of whiny ass cry babies that will bitch and moan because they can no longer hoard stuff, easily re-gear themselves by running to their camp, or feel "elite' by not allowing others to get the items they're hoarding but this is a survival simulator after all and not be an asshole and hoard everything simulator. This will most likely also cut down on KOS'ing as they will have to be more careful about what they carry or they risk dying themselves from lack of food, water, etc.  

Wouldn't worry too much in regards to the forum regulars.. considering the somewhat regular wipes, the amount of people sharing the base and how much gear is stored, I'd say its less in regards to loot stored than with most servers I've played on stable that didn't have regular persistence wipes. The experimental server we are using now, we choose because loot seems to spawn at random times and places and not just after a restart in Tisy, which is more in line with how the CLE should work anyhow. Have we managed to turn it into a barren wasteland.. No. Loot is still spawning and game play for everyone on the server largely unaffected from what i have seen. Are we trying to prove Hicks wrong in regards to his claim that loot stored in containers doesn't count towards the CLE.. maybe! But the upside is that if we can find a problem then the game should become a lot more dynamic for everyone, rather than just looting military areas on a restart, which is what it was before persistence and the CLE were introduced.

Is this a problem on stable.. perhaps.. but that's why the devs want such short lifetime spans on tents, barrels etc, which aren't working as intended yet I believe. It also adds another dimension to game play in that, if you cant find what you need on a server at the regular spawns.. then go find someones base and get geared on the spot! I don't steal from anyone IRL, but this is a video game where the only real endgame I've seen on any ARMA II or III mod that wasn't PVE, is taking what others have for yourself and vice versa.. i.e. rivalry and alliances between players and groups. Vanilla standalone might be different perhaps in regards to being survival focused but once modding is a thing i can guaranty you Chernarus+ will be a war zone.

• Like 1

I know this feeleing, when driving and running for hours 1/2 times around the map to nearly every militarybase just to find me a mag and a silencer for my lovely AKS-74U! At the end i had 1 mag and a damaged and badly-damaged silencer. Phuhh, finally.

But for goatsake let us figure this out on experimental, because it needs work indeed. I also cannot imagine how on stabel it can be disabled.

Those many basebuilders. I dont understand them but, ....There are realy people running round on multiple servers right after serverrestart just to fill up tents with weapon they could never use. But sometimes i jump on an server at the right time and it feels like christmas! (It was christmas when i found an Steyr-AUG in every Hanger). Otherwise it is a realy hardcore survival game like today. (I really had to pick apples)

The DE 0-1 was realy full today and i saw much players, took one with me in the car on the coast, met a Player that only whistled, and noone kosed me. Maybe someone would in Berenzino, but i didnt stop my Truck. Sounded like hellfire there. If less loot is the price for full server, i´ll pay the price!

Edit:

Cars felt good today. I avoid 3rd person-view as ever possible.Not really FPS-drops.

Game froze 2 times on foot. One times i had to kill with the task manager the 2nd time i had to restart the computer.

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2017 at 4:48 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

This can happen when you paint the mag, and try to fix the ammo, it will stick you into a reloading animation. I have done this a number of times. Paint the mag, it disappears go to try to empty, eventually you will get a stuck reloading animation.

but if you actually logged off after painting the mag, because it disappeared, when you log back in it is there and your fine. FYI

Oh grwat and pwerful gawdZ, plz wiep.

Owr offrngs of lootcakes, left to your tender mercies.

Wipth dem from Cher's anus.

*does the patch dance*

hi-how-r-yu hi-how-r-yuh hi-how-r-yuh

• Like 1