Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137741

Good evening Experimental players,

What is new today:

• fix for a method of player's items in hands getting desynced for others
  • fix for lightsources causing significant FPS drops

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

Thank you for playing on Experimental servers! 

• Like 9

I visited Tisy Military Base. When I arrived I heard wolves attacking some infected. When they killed the infected they got confused and always did a jump attack on the last position of the infected. After a while they started to follow me but then shifted again to an infected so I got away. It's a good thing that they can aggro on other targets but I'm not sure if this was a bug or not because they acted so strange and confused.

In the tents there was so much high quality loot it was simply to much if you ask me. Multiple M4s with Mags, Ak101, SVD with Mags, ...In the tents I ran into another guy - and the PvP still does not feel right. From my initial spray no bullets did hit him (the distance was really short but maybe my aim was really potato ) Then the other guy got away and I saw him running against an object and then kind of warping around it and suddenly he was close and shot me while not aiming at me. I was trying to reload my gun but it had quite a delay. So I guess this are still the "bad server performance related issues".

But it's fun to start a fresh character.

When I logged back in I was in Tisy and had a run through the base before anyone got there.  I can confirm about 4 m4's, two AK101's, an SVD and an AKM as well as the usual abundance of M4 mags and ammo.  I met up with BioHaze and we took out a bunch of infected and wolves.  That sawed off boomstick really does the job, I haven't tried it, but damn, it's super effective!  One wolf in particular, the last of the pack was still alive as Bio was bandaging.  He was no more than 100 meters away and aggro'd on something else.  Bio bandaged up and I kept my gun trained on him before we had a closer look.  No zed and no zed body, but he was running in circles and clearly aggro'd in that immediate area.  Thurman showed up in a V3S and started accumulating some barrels and tents as he no doubt has plans to build his own well-organized tent city as he does every patch :-)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Just played a few minutes of this patch and had 3800 health and was killed 1 in one hit by a wolf. Is that normal?????

Yes, it is. My first wolf encounter was fatal. As my body fell to the ground, the monitor showed 4458 health and 2815 blood. According to WOBO's tests there is a hidden stat (most refer to as 'bone damage', 'spinal damage', 'skeleton damage', etc) and if that stat is too low it can result in death.

• Like 3

I logged in an made my way to Tisy to get a weapon. As I got there, most of the tents only had clothes and few items related, but no weapons, in any of the tents, guard towers, barracks, or bunkers... As I was finishing up checking out the tents, got shot at from an unknown location, suppressed fire. Not one shot hit me, but I bailed out, as I had no idea where it was from. I made my way south, towards the south west military checkpoint near Vavilovo. Then, I encountered a pack of 9 wolves. I killed 5 and the 4 that was left ran away, but just for 2 minutes or so, as they ran back towards me and attacked me again.

Like many said before, yes, wolves can 1 hit kill you as they always aim for the throat/head area. Use a helmet, at all times, this will save your life.

I killed 3 of the 4 and the last one ran away, again, only for 2 minutes before running back at me and attacking again. So I finished the entire 9 wolves pack and continued on my loot run. Ruined motorcycle helmet was changed, and I headed to wards Myshkino tents.

As I got there, there was again no traces of weapons apart from a AKS-74U. I headed south and made a fire in the woods to cook the wolf meat I had. As soon as I finished cooking it, and started to get on the move again, I got shot at again. And again, no bullets hit me. I never saw the aggressor, and never hear a shot (suppressed again I guess) only the snaps/cracks of the bullets passing me, or hitting the elements around me.

All this was on 1PP, UK-4 or AUS-1 as they are the only 2 1PP servers on the experimental branch. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I logged in an made my way to Tisy to get a weapon. As I got there, most of the tents only had clothes and few items related, but no weapons, in any of the tents, guard towers, barracks, or bunkers... As I was finishing up checking out the tents, got shot at from an unknown location, suppressed fire. Not one shot hit me, but I bailed out, as I had no idea where it was from. I made my way south, towards the south west military checkpoint near Vavilovo. Then, I encountered a pack of 9 wolves. I killed 5 and the 4 that was left ran away, but just for 2 minutes or so, as they ran back towards me and attacked me again.

Like many said before, yes, wolves can 1 hit kill you as they always aim for the throat/head area. Use a helmet, at all times, this will save your life.

I killed 3 of the 4 and the last one ran away, again, only for 2 minutes before running back at me and attacking again. So I finished the entire 9 wolves pack and continued on my loot run. Ruined motorcycle helmet was changed, and I headed to wards Myshkino tents.

As I got there, there was again no traces of weapons apart from a AKS-74U. I headed south and made a fire in the woods to cook the wolf meat I had. As soon as I finished cooking it, and started to get on the move again, I got shot at again. And again, no bullets hit me. I never saw the aggressor, and never hear a shot (suppressed again I guess) only the snaps/cracks of the bullets passing me, or hitting the elements around me.

All this was on 1PP, UK-4 or AUS-1 as they are the only 2 1PP servers on the experimental branch. 

It's so weird, we almost never encounter people in Tisy. There was 1 guy yesterday there when Thurman and Serelaw were there. After searching for him it appeared that he logged off. This is something which happens a lot lately, if someone of our group encounters a person they quickly log off.

Lovely how friendly people can be on Experimental. Nothing my FAL can not handle, 1 shot and they're either gone or unconscious. :)

• Like 1

Is persistence working on experimental servers? If it's only on some of them(that I believe was the case sometimes) is there a way to tell on which? And I don't mean between versions as I expect wipes might be necessary, but just over server restarts, like now over the weekend.

By the way, I tested lighting earlier by lighting 3 fires and 2 torches and it didn't drop my FPS like it used to. So the fix is working which is nice. :)

1 hour ago, Vikthor said:

Is persistence working on experimental servers? If it's only on some of them(that I believe was the case sometimes) is there a way to tell on which? And I don't mean between versions as I expect wipes might be necessary, but just over server restarts, like now over the weekend.

On some servers persitence is indeed disabled, at least it used to be. Which one these are is impossible to tell unless the developers give us this information.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, IMT said:

On some servers persitence is indeed disabled, at least it used to be. Which one these are is impossible to tell unless the developers give us this information.

@Baty AlquawenThat would be realy nice! Pleeaase tell us what the persitent are!

32 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

@Baty AlquawenThat would be realy nice! Pleeaase tell us what the persitent are!

This will not help begging. The intention of EXP is not to build the big bases. People should testing, another indicator will be to find errors of the CLE.

I dont want begging. Ok, i did sry!

Would only be nice to know, to find the right server for your playstyle. I personaly like persistence off, because the loot is better in my eyes and cars are easier to find. Other players prefer the tent city playstyle with cars, and thats good for the CLE testing. Items in tents effect the spawn of loot dramaticly i think. Dont know if that is wanted!

In the meantime i'll figure that out on my own!

10 minutes ago, goateswyn said:

Items in tents effect the spawn of loot dramaticly i think. Dont know if that is wanted!

Stashed items do not effect the CLE :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

Stashed items do not effect the CLE :) 

Our tents full of shit seem to tell a different story...

• Like 2

Just spawned after a fight in Tisy near Three Valleys at night time. I went west to reach Msta from the south. To test the lightning a little bit, I lightened my road flare and ran all the way with it. After 2-3 minutes the client just froze. Could only quit it via the task manager. Joined again, road flare still in my hand but not lightened. So again, I lightened it, ran to Msta. South of Msta near the dear stand, i opened the door to the house, picked up a barrel (dropped my lightened road flare) and froze again.

Edited by Frederik Holz

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

A few of us talked to the devs about it for ages over Twitter, they assured us it does not.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

^^ Yes has an influence...

1 hour ago, MadMcardle said:

A few of us talked to the devs about it for ages over Twitter, they assured us it does not.

I can say from my own experiences that the stored items have an influence on the CLE. Items held in containers still belong to the inventory of the server, thus also to the specification of the CLE system. Only items on the char are ignored. I play on an RP server where there are people who run large bases with loads of loot ... empty magazines were hoarded in such a huge amount that hardly any were found. This was confirmed several times by other players and after a map-wipe suddenly everything was back in the balance.

For items that are given in the CLE in large quantities and almost nobody collects, one does not notice it. Only with Loot the coveted and also from the CLE relatively available in quantity is it noticeably heavier.

This datas are from 0.60 and i think the CLE are in the new 0.61(random mapwipes make the problem invisible) the same on basic system.

Only my 50 cents ^^.

• Like 3

Can anyone verify something for me? When the fps dips into low numbers check your HDD led light on your case to see if it's being heavily read during those times. I've noticed that every time the fps gets low on my machine my computer's HDD light is lit up the entire time and when the reading slows down or the light goes out then things return to normal. If it happens to others as well, then it may have to do with DayZ thrashing (constant reading/writing) of the hard drive during those times that is causing it. I've also noticed that sometimes while playing the game, the game will freeze on my end but if any infected are chasing me then they will hit me while it appears frozen on my end. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

I've also heard the official story on the matter.  That does not change the results that we have been finding in-game.

Have you ever taken over a lower population server and stuffed all the loot your could find into tents for a week?  It gets to be pretty clear after a week of having about fifteen military tents full of top-tier guns and magazines, that fewer seem to be spawning on the server.

As far as i am concerned, how the developers say it works, is how it *should* work, not necessarily how it *is* working.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I've also heard the official story on the matter.  That does not change the results that we have been finding in-game.

Have you ever taken over a lower population server and stuffed all the loot your could find into tents for a week?  It gets to be pretty clear after a week of having about fifteen military tents full of top-tier guns and magazines, that fewer seem to be spawning on the server.

As far as i am concerned, how the developers say it works, is how it *should* work, not necessarily how it *is* working.

Yes we test a variety of different things on our server and believe it is working correctly with regard to items in storage, the CLE itself is known to need work, the devs say so themselves. Without official numbers of items I guess neither of us can prove it either way as we do not know the spawn amount.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, HunterBravo1 said:

Are there vehicles in the experimental?  I noticed that there are none in .61.

Yes they are in experimental (already mentioned in this thread btw).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HunterBravo1 said:

Are there vehicles in the experimental?  I noticed that there are none in .61.

Vehicles are in but not persistent. Also, don't expect vehicles to be in fully working condition once they hit stable.

10 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

Yes we test a variety of different things on our server and believe it is working correctly with regard to items in storage, the CLE itself is known to need work, the devs say so themselves. Without official numbers of items I guess neither of us can prove it either way as we do not know the spawn amount.

Is this an Experimental server you are talking about?  I' haven't set foot on stable soil since vehicles were introduced to experimental.  The experience may differ.  A consistently full server may also give different results, if camps are being found and redistributed.

What we have seen is that in the day or two after a patch, there are plenty of assault rifles and SVDs up at Tisy base,  after a few days of looting.  It becomes increasingly rare to find items of which we have multiple duplicates stored in tents.  

Is your server public or private?  Players bringing in loot from other places in the public hive might be skewing your results.  All of our loot is locally sourced, organic, loot.  Very little loot from dead players finds its way into our tents.

• Like 2