Baty Alquawen

Stable Update 0.61.137720

Hello Survivors,

we’ll be pushing Experimental update 0.61.137720 to Stable branch.

What is new:

• possible fixes for disappearing corpses
  • some client fps drops fix
  • possible increase in server performance
  • possible fix for one of the most common server crashes

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

No vehicles in this update. We are still testing them on Experimental branch.

No character wipe.

If you find some bugs let me know on our Feedback Tracker. Thank you!

• Like 8

Update on friday... hmm, a little but too much of 'possible' lets hope the best of it!

34 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

What is new:

• some client fps drops

This a fix or a new issue?

Edited by hleVqq

22 minutes ago, hleVqq said:

This a fix or a new issue?

Fixed

• Like 1

@Baty Alquawen recently you gave us a list on which items are currently not spawning and metal wire was one of them. Now I'm wondering, what is the problem with the wire and when will it be back? Most people don't give a shit about metal wire but for me it is a must-have and a powerful multifunctional tool so I do miss it a lot.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, IMT said:

@Baty Alquawen recently you gave us a list on which items are currently not spawning and metal wire was one of them. Now I'm wondering, what is the problem with the wire and when will it be back? Most people don't give a shit about metal wire but for me it is a must-have and a powerful multifunctional tool so I do miss it a lot.

yeah I miss wire too.

• Like 1

game crashed 15 minutes into play today, after I opened my inventory. :-/

46 minutes ago, IMT said:

Out of curiousity, what all do you/can you use it for? I know you can use it to tie people up, rabbit snares, and trip wires with a grenade. Anything else?

48 minutes ago, IMT said:

This item can cause some issues with server crashes, it is disabled now.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

game crashed 15 minutes into play today, after I opened my inventory. :-/

Can you please send files from folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our Feedback Tracker please?

• Like 2

@Baty Alquawen

It's clear for me that you guys can't code for shit. It's been clear for a while now. I mean let's face it... you can't add a new feature and completely destroy something that is already there, unless you are just now learning how to code.

But let's get off the programmers backs for a moment (more like 4 years) to let them learn how OOP works and most likely THEIR OWN ENGINE, and talk about the cars. Specifically let's  talk about the IDIOT who said 'take out the cars and code them from scratch'... WHY?!!? Why take out the end game? It's a HUGE map! As shitty as they were, we used them. Sure code them from scratch ON EXPERIMENTAL and leave us some shitty version of them on stable! What baboon had this stupid idea? How much of an 'yes man' can all you idiots working there be to agree with him?

Can we please for the love of Tapdancing Christ get SOME SORT of vehicles back?

Edited by Crispala
tag
  • Like 1

@Crispala I up that. It's retarded spending 2 hours to go across the map to die in 10 seconds because your direction gets bugged by some tents that belong to some baboon that was actually farming and saw you.

• Like 1

What ever happened to not pushing updates on a Friday? If something about this latest stable releases is really broken, players are stuck with it over the weekend while no one is around to fix or roll back.

Edited by Zahj
Words
  • Like 1

They just want to make you feel like fixing something is actually a "new feature" if you understand the drama of the whole situation -- like cars have been around for so many patches, they decided to ditch cars on stable, because it was causing "LAG" well, guess what? nothing changed. I would've accepted having low frame rates and lag with a car, on occasion manage some other bugs that it throws on you, because that's what happens, when you think you know something in this game, you just realize it is more broken than you thought it was... the more you play it the more you ask yourself why are you playing it for so long EVEN WITHOUT cars. I honestly ask myself that question every day. I just hope a dev, or someone with authority in Bohemia Interactive will read this post and will do the following :

- introduce some sort of transport back to stable asap - branch it from your version control so that you don't push updates to this unless you really fixed it.
- fix the uncontrollable character after you find a base ( with more than 3 tents ) that makes you have to log out right in the middle of the action or get killed even after travelling so much. because yeah, you have to run - forage for food, find clothes because it rains and you die of hypothermia, make fires what so often ( at least that one works now right? YAAY ), or find a firefighter suit and ignore rain all day long ( like literally nothing on you gets wet if you wear them )
- stop pushing updates at the end of the week UNLESS it is a CRITICAL update.

But most likely, it will be disregarded.

37 minutes ago, boggle said:

Out of curiousity, what all do you/can you use it for? I know you can use it to tie people up, rabbit snares, and trip wires with a grenade. Anything else?

Other than the things you mentioned, you can use it to make one of the best ways to get food in the game and that is make fish trap with netting. It does get ruined over time but it can yield two carps and I think the time to catch a fish is less than fishing with a rod.

35 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

This item can cause some issues with server crashes, it is disabled now.

Thank you for the quick response! Hopefully the item will be back soon. :)

17 minutes ago, Crispala said:

@Baty Alquawen

It's clear for me that you guys can't code for shit. It's been clear for a while now. I mean let's face it... you can't add a new feature and completely destroy something that is already there, unless you are just now learning how to code.

But let's get off the programmers backs for a moment (more like 4 years) to let them learn how OOP works and most likely THEIR OWN ENGINE, and talk about the cars. Specifically let's  talk about the IDIOT who said 'take out the cars and code them from scratch'... WHY?!!? Why take out the end game? It's a HUGE map! As shitty as they were, we used them. Sure code them from scratch ON EXPERIMENTAL and leave us some shitty version of them on stable! What baboon had this stupid idea? How much of an 'yes man' can all you idiots working there be to agree with him?

Can we please for the love of Tapdancing Christ get SOME SORT of vehicles back?

Why? How about to make them compatible with the new engine. It's funny that you mention OOP because I believe the game is written in C# which is an object-oriented programming language.

12 minutes ago, Zahj said:

What ever happened to not pushing updates on a Friday? If something about this latest stable releases is really broken, players are stuck with it over the weekend while the devs are at home for the weekend. 

Yeah because fuck you developers, you don't deserve week-ends. Are you kidding me? Be grateful that you get an update with fixes, you spoiled and ungrateful brat.

• Like 6

@IMT really? Be grateful that you get an update with fixes? WHAT FREAKING LOGIC DO YOU HAVE MAN??? We didn't say they don't deserve weekends, but don't we deserve to play a playable game during weekend? What if the update causes more unforeseen bugs? stop saying really stupid crap.

Re. cars @IMT . They should have fixed the players for the new engine as well, still they are not taken out. I would want a car as broken as the player so I don't have to spend 10 hours only running in this game.

Edited by Derains

6 minutes ago, Derains said:

@IMT really? Be grateful that you get an update with fixes? WHAT FREAKING LOGIC DO YOU HAVE MAN??? We didn't say they don't deserve weekends, but don't we deserve to play a playable game during weekend? What if the update causes more unforeseen bugs? stop saying really stupid crap.

You are telling me that I'm telling crap? You're a funny guy. I just came from playing Experimental. I have tested YOUR patch yesterday to see if it is playable so YOU can play it this week-end. It is because of the developers and us who play on Experimental all the time. I'll let Randy do the rest:

• Like 3

@IMT be honest and say you are playing experimental because of the cars and I'm happy you tested "my patch" - can you give me the list of "game testing required" that you had to test?

@IMT

From what I gather it was just a render engine swap, so just a component of the actual engine. You're not changing from Unity to Unreal... that would be retarded.. no scratch that.. you would be retarded to think that!

I don't care in what language it was written, it's bad. it's really bad!

And no I'm not grateful that I'm getting a fix on their own fuck up! They should learn to code and develop a game AND THEN DO IT. They are basically making this shit up as they go along. 

@IMT just asking for the list to confirm live servers work as well as the experimental to give the thumbs up!

29 minutes ago, Derains said:

@IMT be honest and say you are playing experimental because of the cars and I'm happy you tested "my patch" - can you give me the list of "game testing required" that you had to test?

It's one of the reasons, sure. But I'm playing mainly on Experimental because the Experimental community is so fucking awesome. Like minded folks who know what they are doing, what they are playing and what the goal is. People who understand that this is a game in development and that there will be problems and we acknowledge and accept that fact.

27 minutes ago, Crispala said:

@IMT

From what I gather it was just a render engine swap, so just a component of the actual engine. You're not changing from Unity to Unreal... that would be retarded.. no scratch that.. you would be retarded to think that!

I don't care in what language it was written, it's bad. it's really bad!

And no I'm not grateful that I'm getting a fix on their own fuck up! They should learn to code and develop a game AND THEN DO IT. They are basically making this shit up as they go along. 

There is your problem mate. They made not only a new renderer, they made a complete new engine. And this was not a pre-made engine like Unity or Unreal Engine, no it was a complete new engine from scratch which will be used in future games of Bohemia as well.

And you're telling me, I'm retarted? How nice, going personal. People who are losing discussions or are out of arguments or facts usually get personal.

And learn to code? I'm sorry, let me kneel for you, your highness. I'm sorry I doubted your knowledge. Please show me your games, you made which are clearly better than DayZ Standalone. Please show us the way how the developers and we can get better, all-knowing-one.

27 minutes ago, Derains said:

@IMT just asking for the list to confirm live servers work as well as the experimental to give the thumbs up!

As I have been saying, we can not test everything. We can't simulate a full 60 player server with only 10 people so they might not work as well as the Experimental servers. But I didn't have any problems other than the already known problems which are being worked on or are going to be worked on later.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Can you please send files from folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our Feedback Tracker please?

I would if that path existed.  yes I enabled showing hidden files and no I didn't look under 'yourpcname'.

Edited by Red_Ensign

19 minutes ago, Red_Ensign said:

I would if that path existed.  yes I enabled hidden showing hidden files and no I didn't look under 'yourpcname'.

Hm... weird.

Try this:

Go to View -> Folder Options -> View -> Hide protected operating system files.

QT945d4.jpg

Do you have some parameters in Steam (Set launch options)?

• Like 1

@IMT

I'm not gonna go in any details with a retard who doesn't know what an engine is comprised of. I'm not gonna share anything with you, since it's clear for me now that you are a 12 y/o fanboy. Have fun on the experimental.. If you like the game industry just know you reached the tip. You will never be more than a free alpha tester. Gl loser