LingtheMing

Can anyone help me out with an issue I have playing on stable?

This started about 2 months ago and I have never experienced anything like this in the four years of playing DayZ.  Recently whenever I play and come into an area with players, my VOIP does not work.  I can see the player and interact but can't respond to them.  Then after about a minute my player starts desyncing terribly.  I know this is an issue but I have experienced DayZ desync in the past.  EVERYTIME I get on to play this happens.  Sometimes when im up North and looting by myself I manage to interact with a player who can hear me.  That is about 1/5 times it works.  I play with another friend of mine and whenever I try to voip or test voiping he says he cant hear me.  Then when  I am standing still he says I am running off into the field or into a building.  Yet he has never experienced anything like I have.  

In short it's like I can't play around other players without desyncing (being pushed, rubberbanded all over) and unable to talk.  I do hear other players say '' You are lagging" but my connection is WIRED and I am playing on a server where the ping is green and close to my home location.  Like I stated, I know desyncing has been a problem but this is far different from what I have experienced in the past.  Am I running something on my computer that is interfering with my gameplay? I thought it was discord but it still manages to descyn terribly when I am not using it.   Also one last thing, Whenever I alt-tab onto my desktop from the game, I can hear many micro studders almost like chopped segments of breathing from the game.  It stops and I go back into the game just fine.  It's almost as if it builds up and when I tab out to the desktop I am emptying the jar of static.  Any help guys? Thanks

System specs? If you like you could add me on Steam and we can test it on my server where I can monitor your connection?

9 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

System specs? If you like you could add me on Steam and we can test it on my server where I can monitor your connection?

Nzxt Phantom Full Tower Case

Asus Maximus vii hero-motherboard

Intel i7 4770k-cpu

EVGA nvidia gtx 970-gpu

2x8gb g.skill ripsaw x

1600mhz-ram

Samsung 840 pro 256gb-ssd

WD blue 1tb-hdd

Seasonic g series 750w- power supply

my steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198518937735/

I will be unable to play until tonight around 10est time.  If that's ok.  I appreciate your help!

Edited by LingtheMing

Have you tried and internet speed test? Have you looked at the ping of the server you're playing on? Have you reset your internet modem/router? Are you making sure your mic icon is on when you are trying to interact?

1 hour ago, zin0 said:

Have you tried and internet speed test? Have you looked at the ping of the server you're playing on? Have you reset your internet modem/router? Are you making sure your mic icon is on when you are trying to interact?

Yes, I have 36 down, 6 up.  Ping is green and in an area of my location.  Meaning im not playing cross-country servers.  Internet connection is not an issue because this problem is only on DayZ.  Mic Icon is on.  been playing the game since its release and I have never experienced this before

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

Have you checked your VoIP in the game menu as well as your mic volume?  

Yep!  There is also a new update.  Players say I am looking up at the sky when I am looking at them.  Again my mic doesnt work of course.  Nothing has changed from when I played months ago to now.  Sometimes people hear me. Most of the time they dont because the desync starts happening.

Try Reinstalling or clearing cache

And check for massive packet loss we say it is never the internet, but packet loss is never measured.

Do the router, modem reset clear for about 2-5 minutes, check all cables to ensure they are ok, like homemade cables vs pre made, look for anything.

Then do the above if it keeps up. Sometimes you have to start from the beginning. If it keeps up come back.

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

And check for massive packet loss we say it is never the internet, but packet loss is never measured.

Do the router, modem reset clear for about 2-5 minutes, check all cables to ensure they are ok, like homemade cables vs pre made, look for anything.

Then do the above if it keeps up. Sometimes you have to start from the beginning. If it keeps up come back.

How can I check for massive packet loss?  DayZ Used to tell you these things but Im not sure where to find it now.  I actively play other games more than I play dayz and I never experience lag in any of those.  Im going to reinstall the game first and see if that does anything but I doubt it.  I verified cache last night and there were no files out of place.  

anyone else have any ideas?  I turned off my windows firewall... still no luck.  today I was able to talk to people upon just meeting them then I desynced and they couldn't hear me anymore.  Also I saw someone running my way so tried communicating with them but they weren't talking.  They stopped and started swinging their knife in the middle of the road as I was down the street.  They were hitting me.  So apparently I was desyncing again.  

has anyone ever opened ports for this game?

Edited by LingtheMing
  • Like 1

You mentioned discord.

I've never installed it but it may install with a service, not just an application (which means traces of it could still be running even though you think it's off).  

Try uninstalling it, not just turning it off.

Also, do you have any other comm software running that might be picking up on your mic (even if you think it's off)? (razer, mumble, skype, ts)

Make sure to kill those processes while testing your mic issue.

Maybe your DayZ voice key-bind is also bound to another application (or an automatic voice pick-up)  might be messing things up.

GL

Edited by GaryWalnuts