Sign in to follow this  
Solopopo

Credit Where Credit Is Due, But Not Where It's Not

So I gave .61 a shot last night after not playing for a while and I have to say, I am almost impressed. Dynamic spawning of infected has actually added something to the game. I say something because objectively not very much has been added. But from a relative standpoint this has added enormously to the game, considering that it is rare for anything meaningful to be added at all. I know that the game has been optimized and a 64-bit launcher has been released, but these things were expected, and in fact they were expected for too long, and really aren't things BI should be celebrated for. If anything, the best response I can manage from those changes is "it's about time," and I think a lot of people will echo that sentiment. The game could be as crisp and clean as ever, but all that would amount to nothing if there was still absolutely nothing to do, which is what has come to characterize the Day Z experience up until this point. Now, appropriate zombies spawn in the appropriate places, and they drop loot. The world is actually populated with threats, and dispatching those threats has a chance for reward, and getting better at dealing with those threats is actually worthwhile to do; and, dare I say, fun.

I found a random house out in the woods where a farmer type zombie spawned who was obviously intended to be the former owner. I explored a small medical outpost and encountered a nurse zombie. I've also started noticing small things added to the world for immersion purposes. I walked into a garage, found broken glass on the ground, looked up, and wouldn't you know it, I could see the broken glass ceiling it fell from. It had me wondering how it broke, and when. It's actually starting to feel like there is a story to this game, which is crucial for it's overall development. So I have to say it BI, you did something. It's immediately apparent that something has been added to the game, without having to reference update logs. You deserve a slow golf clap, nothing more. 

• Like 1

Zombies and wolves aren't really much a threat at all in high populated servers though, but the devs have told us they know about it, so we'll see how long it takes for that fix. I will say though once they fix how the infected and wolves work in high pops and they work as they do in low pops we are screwed lol