Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.137624

New Exp/Unstable update today

- Additional Fixes for known server crash methods
- Attempted fix for invisible vehicles

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

• Like 7

even now with last update the game is so sticky after a few mins, the infected hit from a distance. its so annoying, not to mention the memory leaks and crashes, keep thinking it my pc till i play another game.... frustrated is not the word. i know they will get there but that dont help lol. rage quit earlier as was fully kitted out, m4, akm fnx, alice bp..... game got so sticky got attacked by infected and was unconcious and couldnt even move as it was stuck so long

How are vehicles coming along? Does it look like they could be added soon? 

1 hour ago, modernkilla82 said:

How are vehicles coming along? Does it look like they could be added soon? 

They definitely need some work before they can pushed to Stable both network performance and FPS performance. You're always welcome to help and test us to get them faster to Stable.

One of the biggest issues with DayZ is that we cant fully test all features..while being online... when will DayZ Singleplayer/ Offline be avaleable to play to the public... we have been waiting for that for ages Brian..cmon

29 minutes ago, Noah Banjedvorec said:

One of the biggest issues with DayZ is that we cant fully test all features..while being online... when will DayZ Singleplayer/ Offline be avaleable to play to the public... we have been waiting for that for ages Brian..cmon

my understanding is it will be some time after the game is finished

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noah Banjedvorec said:

An offline mode cannot contribute to network and server testing for synchronization/optimization, which is actually one of the main things they are working on now (read the OP).   I agree that it would be an important feature for mod testing and for people with bad internet but I don't see how it would help them now by releasing it during the alpha stage.  imho there would be conflicting reports all over the place.  That said, I would like to see SP mode before they start working on packaging and dvd art!

Back on topic, I'm back to 50+ fps while driving the V3S, for a while there my FPS was in the single digits +1

Turbo button works again.  I crashed up two V3S's (for science).  The first I found at Altar and drove it to NWAF where it got stuck on a stump.  I managed to floor it in reverse and it dislodged.  It was busted up pretty good but it still drove so I went for a turbo loop around the airfield and then off to Lopatino where I found another cargo in good shape.  So I took that one and beat on it too :)   Drove out towards Sinistok where desync sent me into a tree at about 50 kph, but this one kept going too.  After the crashes, the doors were still visible on both trucks, but the option to open/close them was gone.  Just "get in" and "get out".  I didn't think to try to remove the broken panels but if I get on later tonight I'll give it a try.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Noah Banjedvorec said:

This isn't the correct place for that discussion.  Come test vehicles or desync and share your results here.

ALSO:  Why do certain 1PP servers seem to go offline for a day or two, every time there is an update, @Hicks_206 (DayZ)?  There are a few CLE related issues that we have been trying to test, and I'm curious if SC 0-2 being offline is related to this.  Really, any server we choose as "home" for a couple days seems to go offline.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

@Emuthreat, you know something? 1pp has diff experiences then 3pp, i am finding some bugs are created by using 3pp. Otherwise 1pp doesn't always see them.

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:
13 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Back on topic, I'm back to 50+ fps while driving the V3S, for a while there my FPS was in the single digits +1

for me fps is not an issue its always around 100+ till the server starts playing up

u cant maby test desync but u can test vihicle physics...weapons... game stability and such on offline..

you cant blame the framerate on the server... your machine can ither run it or not... 

take unoptimised towns for an instance

For now, i would not be upset if the devs pushed the heath menu into stable..

Since i play on both, prior engagements i still like to record bugs as i was in exp.

I need to know my /loc and without some form of location approx i can not tell the devs exactly where something is.

Is there some command that i can turn on while in stable that would find my approx location? or do we wish to save that from certain hands.

Will test performance to stable, on this next patch. I found it to be rather good, from 130fps to a slight stagger drop. Usually when spawning in something close by. Such as wolves, or infected.

Loot doesnt always seem to make much diff until you leave the area.

Most times it is the Ai that cause a slight hickup, but devs it is coming along very nicely.

GTX 780ti SC 3gb just is gobbling up these patches. Thanks

:)

For people with memory leaks.

i found out if u unistall the game and manually delete dayz folder in documents and the lasting files (dayzsettings in the steam folder. and reinstall it again. then you dont get that.

i do its once a week. yeah its anoying but hey i dont crash :)

just a heads up

4 hours ago, Noah Banjedvorec said:

u cant maby test desync but u can test vihicle physics...weapons... game stability and such on offline..

you cant blame the framerate on the server... your machine can ither run it or not... 

take unoptimised towns for an instance

I'm also interested in the eventual offline/home server functions But Gary and Emu are right. The stage of testing they're at is focused on the vanilla DayZ experience shooting for high pop servers performing nicely. It's frustrating for sure, Chenarus is my "Happy Place" I go to when my I need a break from my overly complicated real life. Just have patience and remember when they get it dialled in for 60+ players online how much headroom that'll give us playing 1-4 player local or lan with a ping of 1-5ms when we get to that stage.

For what it's worth I'd like to see the server FPS in that debug box if I could play, I updated yesterday to give it a try but now it's snowing all over the cell towers so I'm probably SOL.   

• Like 2

Hands still are locking, especially when you take an axe chop wood, or use a stone knife. Then it says skinning msg

Tested on stable today and it is still doing it. Will try again, i redid exp to stable back and forth. I had a 0x00000 error when swapping to hive servers.

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I'm also interested in the eventual offline/home server functions But Gary and Emu are right. The stage of testing they're at is focused on the vanilla DayZ experience shooting for high pop servers performing nicely. It's frustrating for sure, Chenarus is my "Happy Place" I go to when my I need a break from my overly complicated real life. Just have patience and remember when they get it dialled in for 60+ players online how much headroom that'll give us playing 1-4 player local or lan with a ping of 1-5ms when we get to that stage.

For what it's worth I'd like to see the server FPS in that debug box if I could play, I updated yesterday to give it a try but now it's snowing all over the cell towers so I'm probably SOL.   

Yup i am hoping hicks can verify a couple things for me, as i want to spend some free time working on some of the scripts. I enjoy it a ton.

NO it wont be arma dayz either, just ideas for a private hive.

We do need to be able to host it via "home based" but i have a home based server, i build them all the time. Internet is no diff then most of these isps, and an i7 does just fine to test up to 20-30 players.

I make multi servers.

21 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Hands still are locking, especially when you take an axe chop wood, or use a stone knife. Then it says skinning msg

Tested on stable today and it is still doing it. Will try again, i redid exp to stable back and forth. I had a 0x00000 error when swapping to hive servers.

i second that

• Like 1

Ran in to two people yesterday which were either trying to kill me or try to transfer the aggro on me. It was the second time in the same session where I was reduced to low blood and health because of the infected. Cheated death twice that day.

Normally I hold unconscious people up but there were so many infected that I decided to just be over with it.

Those two people were the only other players on the server besides our group. How small the world can be... They were Chinese and one added me just after the firefight, telling me gg and asking me if I died.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

No update today, guys. Thank you for your feedback :).

Any more details? about the chopping sticks, has the cancel up. Usually when working on a fireplace, chopping sticks adding them but somewhere you have cancel up.

Also found if you leave the server your on, make sure you exit the game completely and no exe errors seems to pop up. Not everyone has this error.

I've dumped files so many times to ensure i get the files correctly, without any left over folders. I may manually do it soon.

Everyone else not on Exp, fire it up and help get numbers to the devs when a new patch comes out.

They need errors asap, so we can post to stable. everyone wins.

If your not interested, post bugs on the devs site.

anonymously if you wish.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

You can opt in and out of beta each and every time. It does not effect your character on stable or exp.

We all need you not just the dev teams.... for a nice stable environment and get vehicles back into the game.

• Like 3

Was putzing around on US SouthCentral 0-6 tonight.  Nothing really to report except I was approaching Tisy from the ponds to the North and I swear I saw someone watching me from the tree line.  It was dark, though.

Three other people on the server at the time.  Which one of you sneaky summaguns was it?  :)  I may have stolen a barrel from your truck..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

No update today, guys. Thank you for your feedback :).

Any update on the gun close battles freezing? gun flashes etc.. Many are trying to hold events on their servers with major fps drops.

An emergency patch would not be harmful at this time.