Baty Alquawen

Stable Branch 0.61.137517

2 hours ago, ZoroR said:

Maybe if you play on public ofcors you can get loot fast.. I'm talking about private servers..  I can't play on public servers all those ghosting and glitching and swiming and shit.. On private hive you can get loot fast only after shedule restart.

That was from DayZ Underground with 60 players. It's a priv too. That server is kinda full nearly everytime.
Just go to Kamensk mil base if youre spawned near novo, it never disappoints, atleast for me. I've looted alot even myskino on that server, NWA its always nearly empty, but for some reason Kamensk has atleast one gun with ammo for it everytime i visit + all the clothing. People are probably afraid of it, due to huge disadvantage being inside, very easy to get killed, it's like you're exposed to everyone on higher ground.

Tisy/Kamensk Mil & Zelenogorsk probably is the best places to visit, rest is always pretty empty. Stary and Novo usually the action zones. 

Edited by Exaco
  • Like 1

When you say fixes regarding - server crashing caused by players and Security measures to address known issues. Is this referring to server crashes caused by players attempting to duplicate items. I also own a server - The D.M.Z. - a 60 slot private server. Part of the DMZ experience is the ability to have a base to come home to, or to go out and seek other camp sites for the loot. If the duplication of items is still an issue I will continue to wipe persistence.

12 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Hello Survivors!

We are pushing out yesterday's EXP update to the Stable branch now.

What is new:

• SKS, CZ61 silenced sound tweaked
  • log-side error messages
  • Server performance optimizations regarding stacking of some AI related data.
  • Security measures to address known issues.
  • Melee weapon behavior tweaked (impact now on cursor)
  • Tweaked torch light source position
  • Fixes for lifetime being properly applied to various items
  • Series of fixes for server crashing caused by players
  • Performance improvements in server code
  • Texture fix for leaves on the ground

If you encounter any game crash send dumps (C:\Users\YourPC\AppData\Local\DayZ) to our feedback tracker, please. We're thankful for all the reports received so far, and please don't be shy, do keep those reports coming. 

Are you working on more pronounced reverb for weapons sound ? cause it's like the reverb sound get an early cut and go mute too soon .

I played for several hours tonight with no crashes so that was great, balance of food and items was good, my chracter got wet, cold, hungry and sick but it was containable. Though, blackface is still a thing, so is superfast crawling zeds, lightning with no clouds in the sky, zeds glitching through doors, the radio tower at Altar is still unclimbable after lvl 2 and the thing where a weapon doesnt go into the slot it came from but into the main weapon slot, causing your fully kitted m4 to drop on the ground, never to be found :(

And a wolf ate my hat.

• Like 4

I noticed that the rain effects in the ground are not rendering. Dont know if it's only me. I've everything maxed out.

17 hours ago, Tazhar said:

Do you guys have any sort of estimation when vehicles may be brought back into the game? My character has been alive for a number of weeks now and his legs are beginning to hurt! 

Please come over to EXP, and help get the vehicle situation straightened out.  They were getting better up until a week ago.

16 hours ago, ZoroR said:

I am not playing this patch at all until you release cars.. This game isn't survival . it's Runing simulator and to get some decent gear you need to spent at least 3 to 4 hours runing around map and only if you are lucky you can find some good weapons and decent amount of ammo for the same weapon.. Not to mention black heads, you can see kilometers away which giving out your position or others... Spawn location of survivals destroyed the game too.. Give us spawn all across the coast not just the east side.. You destroyed cherno inferno, balota airfield, komarowo... Only because there is military in kamenka doesn't mean i will go there.. you need 1 hour of walking from electro to Kamenka if you are not looting at all Berezino is a dead town even now when you put so many spawns on the east coast because it simply sucks.. Better to cut that part of map for better performance in game.. Only when there will be Krasnostav airfield with some military gear then woudl be worth of playing in Berezino until then forget it... Peace

Run on over to Experimental if you want to see vehicles hit stable sooner.  We need the help.

16 hours ago, Altercating said:

i agree with the running part it is very frustrating that you have to run for hours to get from one place to another. im still going to play this game but i agree that they need to add cars back asap

Cars are in EXP as we speak. Come on over and help get them more broken, so they can be fixed.

16 hours ago, SEKE Leader said:

wow! and here i thought i was the only one who liked cars before .61

I liked cars before .61; before .60, specifically. I still like vehicles, but the servers don't anymore.  Some help get them sorted out on the Experimental branch.

15 hours ago, zbam06 said:

I was never one of those who blame the developers all the time and cry about how much they paid and the game is in still alpha.

But man.. vehicles ... :(

I do not like PVP in this game, my passion is to play survival and make big and nice camps with lots of horded items in them, I just love to collect all and put them in my barrel/military tent combined camps, but without vehicles i can't do jack. Survival is not an option since you need to travel by foot eveywhere and it takes so long time even though you dont use roads, and after all that running if some KOS player knocks you down, you are being extra frustrated.

I can't pretend to understand what parts have to be fixed before some others parts of the game in development order, but please I am begging you, bring back the vehicles, even though they are buggy. I don't even care about blackheads, i dont care about cz sks silenced sounds or Tweaked torch light source position. I mean I do care but lot less than vehicles, cant you developers focus on just the most important things people want ?

I've tried Rust,Miscreated,h1z1 none of it feels the same way DayZ do. Just bring back the vehicles, I want to play the god damn game :(

Do your part.  Come bash you head into the wall on EXP until they fix it.  Maybe submit a bug report or two, while you are at it; there's still lots of work to do, and not many people helping right now.

14 hours ago, beDANGER said:

Guys are you fuckin' kidding? When you will fix the worst issue: no cars on Stable??? Guys I know it's maybe hard, but it's the most important issue... It's maybe 2-3 months from 0.61 Stable Release and no cars... GG WP.

Join us on Experimental, and help get these vehicle issues squashed.

14 hours ago, Ekki Einz said:

are you kidding me? It is the task of developers to find out why desync exists and not mine. The developers are clearly incapable

Bye-Bye.  You won't be missed.

I don't know what happened to stable today, becauSe I haven't logged onto a stable server since vehicles were introduced to Experimental. But I can tell you that vehicles just took two very large steps back today.

So for any of you folks out there who wanna see vehicles pushed to stable sooner rather than later, come join in the "fun" of testing vehicles on Exp.  

We could really use the extra bodies.  Haven't seen a full server but twice since vehicles were put out on Experimental--both times it was during stable maintenance, and it still felt like I had the whole server to myself.  Killing and cooking wolves inside the Tisy base should have attracted some attention, if there was even one competent player online...

GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OFF THE COAST AND COME WRECK SOME VEHICLES WITH US, YOU WHINY BUNCH OF SCRUBLETTES!!!

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 6

Hi there,

I just want to share my experience on this new update.

I played about 8 hours yesterday on this new version. The crash of the servers seems to be an old story, i had no problem on 3 different server.

However, client crash is still here. About 2/3 times during this session. 

I had a lot of desync on some server and not so lot on the others. 

Also, I saw a gun fired when my colleague put it in his back.

I will report that and illustrate it with short capture.

Another bug, when you are using an improvised knife to chop some sticks, you need to cancelled an action before doing it again.

When you cancelled this action, client respond with "I've stopped skinning" 9ce6ffcd88c343d5b6f0d1edb4ea5edd.png

Thanks

• Like 2

Man that melee cursor is such a game changer! I can sneak up to zeds and just one shot them with an axe. No more wasting time fighting them. Thank you!

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Bye-Bye.  You won't be missed.

Surely not. Not by me anyway.

17 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Some of us have been following this project from day 1 and would appreciate if you learned moar/lurked moar before you flame or otherwise make false statements about a project you know very very little about (based on your posts).

Thread has been cleaned and will be cleaned further if members chose to derail further. Listen to what Bio has to say.

• Like 7

@Devs - Can you make system messages appear at the bottom instead of over whether someone is unconscious or dead because it makes it hard to tell which state you're in if system messages appear over them.

@beDANGER - Vehicles are not the most important feature of DayZ. They are nice to have but are nowhere near the most important feature as features like More AI, Performance, etc. are considered more important I had an interesting bug but stupid me forgot to screenshot it but I had placed a hunter's jacket in an empty space in my mountain backpack and when I opened my inventory the space it was supposed to be in was blank and I couldn't put the gun in my hand in it's place until I logged off and back in.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

@beDANGER - Vehicles are not the most important feature of DayZ. They are nice to have but are nowhere near the most important feature as features like More AI, Performance, etc. are considered more important I had an interesting bug but stupid me forgot to screenshot it but I had placed a hunter's jacket in an empty space in my mountain backpack and when I opened my inventory the space it was supposed to be in was blank and I couldn't put the gun in my hand in it's place until I logged off and back in.

Vehicles are one of the most important aspects of dayz. If you want to continue to expand dayz, and not have 1 vehicle? you will alienate the population and drive them to other sandbox games.

How did you come to the conclusion about vehicles?

AI is just a feature you have to have to make it more interesting to the customer. Vehicles are what move you across 240km + map, and players have proven their disappointment with running all the time.

All of these mechanics are proven to work in sandboxes, why dayz is so popular.

Arma 2 dayz has vehicles, and so will dayz SA its just that simple.

@Dev's

I want to say, damn nice job devs, i am really trying to crash my client today. So far no dice :(

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Vehicles are one of the most important aspects of dayz. If you want to continue to expand dayz, and not have 1 vehicle? you will alienate the population and drive them to other sandbox games.

AI is just a feature you have to have to make it more interesting to the customer. Vehicles are what move you across 240km + map, and players have proven their disappointment with running all the time.

@Dev's

I want to say, damn nice job devs, i am really trying to crash my client today. So far no dice :(

I agree with LordBlackWolf on this one. Vehicles are a nice addition but it doesn't ruin the game concept if they're not in the game. No AI/infected will in fact ruin the concept of the game because it's a post-apocalyptic survival simulator with infected. Without those infected the game isn't what it's suppose to be.

Vehicles are a nice and faster way to get around but don't think you can just find a working vehicle and be on your merry way in 1.0. You will have to search for parts and fiddle with it until it's moveable. In the mean time you can get shot or the vehicle can get stolen.

The vehicles add something to the game but they are not required or necessary in order to follow the game concept. But in the end they want DayZ to be on par with DayZ Mod so they will find their way in the Standalone eventually.

People just need to be patient and if they're not they are always welcome to help on Experimental to get them ready faster. What they shouldn't do is complain and besides that do nothing to help, that's just a no-no.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Guys does the melee cursor only show on 3rd person servers? I only see it on 3rd person servers and not on 1st person servers.

Is this the way it was intended or is this a bug?

Edited by Trnc84

7 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

To fix the "dead cell" issue with an article of clothing or a backpack, you must unequip it, by either taking it to your hands, or setting it on the ground.

No need to log off every time that happens.  Sheesh.  Hope this saves you a considerable amount of time...

On 2/2/2017 at 10:14 AM, sneakydude said:

@Dev's

They are, and they aren't

I have never seen a working vehicle in DayZ SA.  Me and two other guys tried fixing one a month or so ago on EXP.  It took about two hours to get it to a 'working' condition(it was bugged) in Berezino.  Even if it only took an hour, that is still not something I want to spend time doing.   The time it takes to get one going, fuel and maintain it easy eats up the time it takes to run anywhere.

Sure, the intent is to make running less feasible in the future, but unless there is going to be a glut of vehicles for freshies to grab, there will not be anything for them.  They will get hoarded on the other side of the map. 

I'm confused @funyun.  How could it have possibly taken you two hours to get a vehicle "unbugged?"  And if that is true, why didn't you just use a good online map and go find another vehicle?  They spawn ready to go, and are reset randomly twice a day on most servers.

And everything gets hoarded "on the other side of the map" in DayZ, unless the server admins reset persistence twice daily to simulate persistence off servers.  Why should vehicles be any different than tents or barrels with all the good loot in them?

That is the nature of the game.  Surplus makes survival easier, and the loss of lives less impactful.  Preparation will always be a huge part of successful survival.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, funyun said:

They are, and they aren't

I have never seen a working vehicle in DayZ SA.  Me and two other guys tried fixing one a month or so ago on EXP.  It took about two hours to get it to a 'working' condition(it was bugged) in Berezino.  Even if it only took an hour, that is still not something I want to spend time doing.   The time it takes to get one going, fuel and maintain it easy eats up the time it takes to run anywhere.

Sure, the intent is to make running less feasible in the future, but unless there is going to be a glut of vehicles for freshies to grab, there will not be anything for them.  They will get hoarded on the other side of the map. 

As I already stated, vehicles are not there for grabs and to get on your merry way. It's more for people who made a particular server their home server and want to get around the map faster and easier. I think it's the way it should be because they are a convenient way to get around.

I've posted this in a different topic, but I feel it should be mentioned here as well. My staff and I are still noticing server crashes which are being caused by an exception code - Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION. This information is provided to us by Fragnet.net and they also mentioned seeing this on other servers more or less on a daily basis. The crash is software related and can only be rectified by development.

Hello players & devs,

had the chance to test vehicles a lot on exp. these days and was able to do a small video about it. It has the most important info about cars: new features, bugs, glitches and more.
Please give it a check and complete it with your additional info. Devs look at it and take note if you need to.
Here's the link to the video:

PS: it's not complete, but with your help it can be.

• Like 3

Hey guys,

I've noticed the game gets extremely laggy when firing weapons (unsupressed)
I have a feeling it has to do with the muzzle flashes.

This has been happening since the latest patch.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Trnc84 said:

Hey guys,

I've noticed the game gets extremely laggy when firing weapons (unsupressed)
I have a feeling it has to do with the muzzle flashes.

This has been happening since the latest patch.

It's definitely a thing, and the devs are aware:

• Like 2

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. I have updated the ticket with my info. Hope it helps.

My DayZ crashed when I tried to spray paint Green onto any gun. Haven't tried the Black Spray paint yet but I can't spray pain Green :(