Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137517

@IMT with the latest patch all the vehicles, barrels, and plot have gone, but all my gear on my character has survived through, but it certainly appears as if it (trucks etc) was all persistent through at least one or more 24 hour restart cycles.  Not sure if that helps, I'll certainly be re-testing with the latest update!

SM

• Like 1

I don't understand why you guys keep making the zombies more invincible, first you added more zombies, then you added wolfs, then you increased the speed of the zombies, then you add this thing. What's next? Adding like 2,000,000 zombies, with the speed of a Ferrari, including bears, tigers and crocodiles? But guess what, they still can see you through the house walls and still can manage to hit you even they are not even next to you.

48 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

We can only hope.

Zeds are still easy if you play slow. I dont know how wolves work. Is there a way to awoid them or they find you anyway. So far I hid on hospital roof and in houses and let zeds deal with them untill I kill leaders of the pack.

14 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

Zeds are still easy if you play slow. I dont know how wolves work. Is there a way to awoid them or they find you anyway. So far I hid on hospital roof and in houses and let zeds deal with them untill I kill leaders of the pack.

Walk backwards or place your body to a tree. Use a stick and stab them like you would a player ruining all the gear.

Edited by sneakydude

6 hours ago, Speeding Mullet said:

@IMT with the latest patch all the vehicles, barrels, and plot have gone, but all my gear on my character has survived through, but it certainly appears as if it (trucks etc) was all persistent through at least one or more 24 hour restart cycles.  Not sure if that helps, I'll certainly be re-testing with the latest update!

SM

Tested it myself, my lada was still there after the restart yesterday which is really good news for us. This is something we were waiting for but it was there all along, we only didn't find it, those sneaky devs! :P Wonder if my lada is still pristine and no one made a wreck out of it. Managed to drive 25 % of the tank without crashing once.

33 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I don't know exactly how wolves work but there are definitely ways to avoid them. But if you want to avoid them all together you need to avoid the wolf spawns so that means that the entire western border of the map would be off-limits. Grab a IZH shotgun, saw it off and use that to kill the wolves. It's a 1 to 3 hit kill for me and after 3 wolves they always run away for me. You need to treat them as players, get rid of them as quickly as you possibly can because they can be dangerous. Your best bet is to hide in a building, preferably with closed doors and just kill them through the windows.

But avoiding them is 100 % possible as Luc Tonnerre and Emuthreat fought a pack of wolves a few days ago and we searched the remaining wolves which fled. It was me who spotted them, not them who spotted us. Shortly after I spotted them in the woods they started to charge.

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

Tested it myself, my lada was still there after the restart yesterday which is really good news for us. This is something we were waiting for but it was there all along, we only didn't find it, those sneaky devs! :P Wonder if my lada is still pristine and no one made a wreck out of it. Managed to drive 25 % of the tank without crashing once.

I don't know exactly how wolves work but there are definitely ways to avoid them. But if you want to avoid them all together you need to avoid the wolf spawns so that means that the entire western border of the map would be off-limits. Grab a IZH shotgun, saw it off and use that to kill the wolves. It's a 1 to 3 hit kill for me and after 3 wolves they always run away for me. You need to treat them as players, get rid of them as quickly as you possibly can because they can be dangerous. Your best bet is to hide in a building, preferably with closed doors and just kill them through the windows.

But avoiding them is 100 % possible as Luc Tonnerre and Emuthreat fought a pack of wolves a few days ago and we searched the remaining wolves which fled. It was me who spotted them, not them who spotted us. Shortly after I spotted them in the woods they started to charge.

2x2 times the wolves spawned 8 on top of me. Ripped me to a grey state too.

11 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

2x2 times the wolves spawned 8 on top of me. Ripped me to a grey state too.

I'll try and make a video on fighting wolves.

Edit: Whoops, double post. This one can be deleted.

Edited by IMT

11 minutes ago, IMT said:

Edit: Whoops, double post. This one can be deleted.

That is what she said too, when she proposed to you?

In her case "Double vision, can i delete this now?"

Edited by sneakydude

13 hours ago, brunohlferreira said:

What about the memory errors? The game is crashing a lot.

Question for you: how much memory do you have? Both RAM and video memory, for completeness. I'm asking because I don't get many client crashes on 0.61, but I also realize that it may just be that I have enough memory to keep it from catching up to me as quickly.

9 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Question for you: how much memory do you have? Both RAM and video memory, for completeness. I'm asking because I don't get many client crashes on 0.61, but I also realize that it may just be that I have enough memory to keep it from catching up to me as quickly.

I get infrequent memory errors on 32 bit, frequent on 64 bit.

10GiB physical memory
Windows controlled pagefile; currently ~2GiB

Peak commit at time of crash is less than the total and no page faults are logged.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

I have 8 GB of RAM and 4 GB worth of VRAM and I do get memory crashes as well. It's not every 5 minutes but it's every now and then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

I have 32GB ram and my video card is a GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X. There's difference while playing with the 32 or 64bits version. Yesterday I've switched back to 32bits and I had less memory crashes but still had some.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

I haven't seen many memory crashes these last few patches (I always play 64-bit) but if you're doing a bit of a poll, here's mine:

8 GB of DDR3 and 2 GB of nvidia GDDR5.  Page File is about 5GB managed by Windows.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 1

It has been a while and I thought I would never see you again but damn it here you are again:

gShw8YB.jpg

YCyRA5E.jpg

oexLGy8.jpg

It was at the north-western road block almost at the end to the west on AUS 0-1.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Memory crashes are very rare for me, but I do notice they always happen with a fresh game.  What I mean is its always the first game you load up that crashes, but then you reload and play all night no problems.

Edited by atomquark

So, it seems that vehicles have taken yet another step backwards.  Aside from the V3S having major difficulties driving, other vehicles are also acting-up.  I drove a sedan today, from Gorka to Tisy base and back down to Grishino, and had major issues.

The rubber-banding was so bad that I could rarely drive above second gear, and had to have IMT tell me when he saw his screen hang for more than a second or two, so I could reduce my speed and prepare to retake control of the car when it snapped back to where he saw the screen hang.

For all practical purposes, I would call it unplayable.  This was on AUS 0-1, which appears to have vehicle persistence enabled.  SC 0-2 was a bit better, but the V3S I found there had plenty of similar issues.  I finally quit because of a headache from all the stuttering frame rate while driving. 

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

This was on AUS 0-1, which appears to have vehicle persistence enabled.  SC 0-2 was a bit better

What was your ping?

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

So, it seems that vehicles have taken yet another step backwards.  Aside from the V3S having major difficulties driving, other vehicles are also acting-up.  I drove a sedan today, from Gorka to Tisy base and back down to Grishino, and had major issues.

The rubber-banding was so bad that I could rarely drive above second gear, and had to have IMT tell me when he saw his screen hang for more than a second or two, so I could reduce my speed and prepare to retake control of the car when it snapped back to where he saw the screen hang.

For all practical purposes, I would call it unplayable.  This was on AUS 0-1, which appears to have vehicle persistence enabled.  SC 0-2 was a bit better, but the V3S I found there had plenty of similar issues.  I finally quit because of a headache from all the stuttering frame rate while driving. 

So the rubberbanding was also happening on Southcentral 0-2? That's a shame, it means indeed that the vehicle performance took a very big dip. I might hop on an EU server soonish and see if I get the rubberbanding there and will make a bug report on the tracker.

I have a feeling that desync is really awful with high ping and/or high population. It takes 1 or 2 seconds of Receiving when right clicking an item and sometimes there were huge lag spikes but that might be the server, although I never had that before when playing on the higher ping servers when they were practically empty.

7 hours ago, igor-vk said:

What was your ping?

Our pings are of course generally high on the Australian server but if the rubberbanding issue was still there for Emu on SC 0-2 then that would be a problem because the ping should be OK for him on that server, I believe.

• Like 1