Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137487

1 hour ago, sas46 said:

Hi guys

Can you kindly tell me which exp server has persistence enabled for both car and tents?

Because it seems that in DayZ UK 0-4 1st person are both disabled

Thanks in advance

As far as I know there is no persistence for cars but some servers have persistence for tents unless that's been changed.

• Like 1

Has anyone else experienced crashing while driving vehicles? I'm trying to determine if it's the latest drivers or if it's the game itself causing it.

Small re-introduction first up considering my post count is 2.  Hopefully I can contribute in a meaningful way to the development as I have mostly been playing experimental over the last month, but have been playing since the early days of the mod, and doing some major lurking on here watching things progress.  I'm mostly a lone PvE survivor, my style similar to my presence on the forum, but will team up for short periods with the right people before making my own way in the world again.  Almost totally non-violent (apart from when dealing with infected or threatened) and very timid, wanting to fully scout a town to plot my route rather than barreling in.  I'm still learning a lot about the game, particularly crafting, hunting skills, weaponry etc so nothing I say should be taken from the point of view of a true veteran, but I have been playing long enough to see things in context, which hopefully will keep me on the right side of the forum base :)

So, to my recent testing.  Impressions are that the game is enormously playable compared to what it was in 2015 when I last played in anger.  Really can't give you enough credit to what a vast transformation its been.  Obviously there's still issues old and new, and this is what I have been coming up against in this patch specifically:

VEHICLE - Probably a known issue - While driving V3S Chassis cab (I tried 3 all with the same issue and presumably this extends across all vehicles) I am experiencing some kind of stutter which results in a tearaway/frame jumping, effectively launching you into a variety of objects unless you are careful (oh how I long for picket fences not exerting the force of a neutron star on my vehicles).  The effect does seem to be reduced when absolutely flooring it in 4th gear, but as soon as you take your foot of the accelerator it begins again.

VEHICLE - V3S showed two tires that were visibly destroyed to be in "perfect" condition.  Didn't stop me hacking across a field at 53 kph with much glee!  Also I exited the vehicle by accident at that speed and it simply stopped and deposited me beside it with no damage.

OBJECT - Probably a known issue - Small observation really but quite often when I place a barrel down it doesn't interact with the ground in a meaningful way.  This goes for other things such as the small protector case which will quite happily hover off the ground of half way up a bush.  Quality of life improvement for down the road, but it would be great to hash this sort of thing out as it makes hiding things a little easier!

GEAR - Known issue - I'm experiencing this, to the point that parts of my inventory will cease to exist.  For example a backpack will physically lose some of its slots, and the black lines delineating slots will disappear.  Objects taken from the backpack or other slot will appear to stay in place, and when you place something in the backpack it will place the image of the object over the last one.  If you iterate this enough it tends to result in physically losing slots.  A simple restart of the game solves all of this so I just put up with it until I can't see what I'm doing and find somewhere quiet to log out/in.  I'm sure this will be fixed very shortly.  Interestingly this issue doesn't occur with vehicle inventory slots...

OBSERVATION - The PvE aspect of the game is currently too easy.  I fully know these things are subject to balancing and will improved massively as we move forwards, but I'm finding tremendous amounts of guns, hachets hachets everywhere, and general weaponry abounds.  Food is in short supply but still pretty easy to find so I don't need to focus on the hunting/farming aspect of the game (although I have been) if I don't want to.

OBSERVATION - It would be awesome if it can be tweaked in the future to show what the jerry cans hold.  At the moment I have two, and I'm really not sure which contains gas and which contains water haha!

PLAYER - I'm sure this is known - Body temp never goes above 37.60 and feeling cold is the name of the game, even when the hot icon is showing in the player interface.

PLAYER - I sprained my ankle but it didn't slow me down at all.  I'm sure this will be fixed with future updates around game mechanics.

I've got many more observations, wants and wishes, but this post is probably already subject to much "that bit doesn't belong in this section" so I'll leave you with a couple of screenshots.

V3S testing - 3 V3S's stuffed to the gunnels with tomatoes awaiting a server restart.  This is also my camp until someone comes along and takes everything.  Hard to see but my fire barrel is at least a foot off the ground in this pic.

12218E2A4FCDCD21409EAA8C71549A52BB662CE4

Front view of the testing camp, with allotment having produced a trillion tomatoes.

6AFE24F93A54426BB1C2D6E1560B68DAB585EDA8

Varying stages of destruction.  Note the far V3S with two destroyed front tires and no bonnet or doors from a night time hypothermia run from the NW airstrip resulting in a crash, and quick fire build in the rain (and face melting resulting in the low health) before getting under way again.  Still didn't stop it running full speed across fields.  Interestingly I also accidentally exited the vehicle at 50 kph and it simply stopped, depositing me beside it with no damage.

3D3769485A69FEEC0EBBB3EE2D3B8184F3F7063A

MMMMMM, tomatoes.  I have hundreds from one or two 15 minute grows.  It's a bit easy to be honest and needs to be looked at.  Also I was thinking it would be cool for more items to be interactive. For example the bin in the background.  I'd probably clean up the rubbish in my camp given the opportunity, or at least use it as a fire barrel.  The bench makes a great seat, but I can't actually sit on it.  Would be great to see this also.

D05A08097D4B43D2DBDA1B29D1056E39286635AB

So in summary, I'm really not raising too much at all as an issue, so team is doing a fantastic job, and team testing must also be doing exactly the same.  Congratulations to all and thanks for making this game the amazing thing it is right now.  Look forward to so much more as this journey continues!

SM

• Like 7

16 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

As far as I know there is no persistence for cars but some servers have persistence for tents unless that's been changed.

Thanks for your reply, I tought developers already fixed car persistence

Let's hope they'll fix it very soon

2 hours ago, Speeding Mullet said:

GEAR - Known issue - I'm experiencing this, to the point that parts of my inventory will cease to exist.  For example a backpack will physically lose some of its slots, and the black lines delineating slots will disappear.  Objects taken from the backpack or other slot will appear to stay in place, and when you place something in the backpack it will place the image of the object over the last one.  If you iterate this enough it tends to result in physically losing slots.  A simple restart of the game solves all of this so I just put up with it until I can't see what I'm doing and find somewhere quiet to log out/in.

I was informed by IMT that there is a quick workaround for this:  Removing your backpack (or your article of clothing with the slot issues) and placing it in your hands, then back onto your character fixes the inventory chaos.  Just a temporary workaround but it's easier than relogging.  Also, Welcome!

edit - nice fire barrel, haven't seen one of those used in quite a while. It's a great use of a barrel if it stays persistent, but it's a waste otherwise.  Did it stay persistent through a restart?

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

Hey everyone. I haven't been checking in on these Experimental threads as much as I'd like, but that hasn't stopped me from spending time playing it. In fact, it's still pretty much exclusively what I play when it's available.

I did run into a few of you regulars just the other day in Vybor, which was good fun. In case the story hasn't been told yet: my buddy and I were just finished taking a look around Vybor having moved down from the airfield, and just as we were exiting town to the south towards Pustoshka, we heard a couple of shots behind us. We clearly weren't being shot at, but we had to investigate of course. I had a strange feeling that it might be someone I didn't want to tangle with, and I took just a second to check and see if anyone from my friends list was on the server -- bingo! Just as I suspected. It was someone I knew... probably, anyway, given the server population. My friend and I announced ourselves on the way back into town and sure enough, three friendly survivors greeted us at the police station and even gave us a ride in their bus to Grishino. Thanks again, guys! :)

Here's the more important bit: my experience thus far on 137487 has been pretty good. There are still issues with the hand slot of course, but I did manage to find a workaround on my own without checking to see if anyone else had posted something here. When my hand slot has been incapacitated by way of any kind of action, I seem to be able to interact with water pumps anyway, and by using one and letting the animation finish (meaning NO use of "cancel current action"), it seems to unlock the hand slot again. I've done it repeatedly and after many different ways of locking it up, and it's worked pretty consistently. With my absence on the forums though, I'm sure someone has already posted this -- if so, my apologies haha.

Time spent in vehicles has been pretty good as well. With ~25 people on the server and driving through big, zombie infested towns, there has been no issue with desync for either the driver or passengers in my party. I've really enjoyed working on the vehicles as we use and abuse them, too. I do wish there was a way to repair double wheels though... or am I missing something?

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

I had a strange issue yesterday, while trying to join the UK 1-1 test server.  I simply could not get into the server.  I tried everything from deleting my app data and cfg files, switching to stable and back, stuffing all of my belongings in a tent, and trying to join in my underwear.  Nothing worked.

Every time I try to join, it hangs for a few seconds, and then I hear the in-game sound of wind blowing and chirping, while my screen hangs at the loading image, and Nvidia displays my framerate as being around 400. My normal framerate usually sits between 45 and 65.  Anyone else having this issue?  Other servers work just fine...

Also, welcome to the forums, @Speeding Mullet.  Your "camp" sits suspiciously close to where I said hello to someone climbing a hunting stand about this time last night, and watched patiently as they logged out in front of me.  Centraleast 0-1, I believe.  At any rate, I wouldn't expect to survive long at that location, it gets a fair amount of traffic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

I had a strange issue yesterday, while trying to join the UK 1-1 test server.  I simply could not get into the server.  I tried everything from deleting my app data and cfg files, switching to stable and back, stuffing all of my belongings in a tent, and trying to join in my underwear.  Nothing worked.

Every time I try to join, it hangs for a few seconds, and then I hear the in-game sound of wind blowing and chirping, while my screen hangs at the loading image, and Nvidia displays my framerate as being around 400. My normal framerate usually sits between 45 and 65.  Anyone else having this issue?  Other servers work just fine...

Also, welcome to the forums, @Speeding Mullet.  Your "camp" sits suspiciously close to where I said hello to someone climbing a hunting stand about this time last night, and watched patiently as they logged out in front of me.  Centraleast 0-1, I believe.  At any rate, I wouldn't expect to survive long at that location, it gets a fair amount of traffic.

Did you try both 32-bit and 64-bit executables?  I had an issue in Stable where I kept spawning into a lag bubble and losing my session.  I switched to 32-bit and was able to get in.

17 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I was informed by IMT that there is a quick workaround for this:  Removing your backpack (or your article of clothing with the slot issues) and placing it in your hands, then back onto your character fixes the inventory chaos.  Just a temporary workaround but it's easier than relogging.  Also, Welcome!

edit - nice fire barrel, haven't seen one of those used in quite a while. It's a great use of a barrel if it stays persistent, but it's a waste otherwise.  Did it stay persistent through a restart?

I see this forum is plagued by the same saved post and quoting complexities as the KSP forum!  Thanks for the welcome, I'll definitely be using that workaround. I have a beast of a computer so it takes seconds to relog, but this is definitely more convenient!

I'll jump on later and let you know if the fire barrel has persisted...

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Thanks!  Yep it's only a temporary testing space and I'm not expecting things to be there when I get back, but if it is all gone then it's suspicious, as 3 fully loaded trucks, plus multiple barrels full of tomatoes etc would be hard for one person to steal.  I'm on a very low pop server in the AU judging by how infrequently I come across other survivors, but I will likely abandon soon and move on to get acquainted with another area of the map.  With the development cycle you can't get attached to stuff anyhow I guess!

One other thing I forgot to mention yesterday that I haven't seen reported in my travels on here, is quite often when I log in I'm just punching/knifing air repeatedly without being able to stop.  The only solution is to smash the space bar until it pauses, then drop the item in the hand (or equip), and re-equip (or de-equip).  Not sure if I've seen that one discussed before.  Will be jumping on later to check on the fire barrel, and hopefully find a tent for the next camp!

SM

I had no problem on UK 1-1 to log in, but he game froze two times. First time i had to restart my computer, second time i could use Taskmanager to quit the game.

Are the cars spawning now regular with no atatchments like in .60?

I lost 3 weapons (2 AKS, MP5) the last 3 days in the same way (me fool). Had a weapon in my hands, klicked on an apple in my inventory :Eat, tata, my weapon disapeared. Grrr..

20 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Yep, everything is still where it was when I logged off last night, including all 3 vehicles, barrels and contents, and the fire barrel, and the veggie patch!

7EADE661F5A8E898B9579F19D2B1106498529C2A

SM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Speeding Mullet said:

Yep, everything is still where it was when I logged off last night, including all 3 vehicles, barrels and contents, and the fire barrel, and the veggie patch!

7EADE661F5A8E898B9579F19D2B1106498529C2A

SM

Wait, vehicles are persistent at your server? You might see an increase in population suddenly because that would be convenient.

• Like 2

@Baty Alquawen any eta on fix to this update by that i mean inventory bugs. and when do the stable servers recieve an update? :)

and last. any info/ETA on 0,62? just an rought timeline. like 1 mounth 3 mounth 6 mounths ? :)

New EXP update today. I am locking this thread.

• Like 1