Sign in to follow this  
Jscaff

Visual overhaul

I seen the current pictures they look great, but my question is will buildings be different ? and my other question will be will dayz look realistic buildings/roads/forest/lighting etc like most new games with amazing graphics have. Looking forward to 2017 be a massive year

Having that realism and a really far field of view (which is a must in this game) seems contradictory.

Most new games are still not nearly as big and diverse as DayZ. 

And i dont know about your settings, but when i run max settings its breathtaking. Not Skyrim Special Edition breathtaking but close enough. 

Does your GPU even lift? 

4 hours ago, McWendy said:

And i dont know about your settings, but when i run max settings its breathtaking. Not Skyrim Special Edition breathtaking but close enough. 

Does your GPU even lift? 

Not even Skyrim Special Edition (I assume no mods here) is breathtaking. Guy has a point. You play DOOM at Ultra and THAT's breathtaking, specially when you can play at 100+ fps with a moderate system.

On 29/01/2017 at 10:25 PM, McWendy said:

Does your GPU even lift? 

I run the game in 4k Ultra it is nice but buildings are horrible looking i just want to know if all that will be changed

I cannot think of any game that has scale of DayZ and allows you to enter almost every building in the game.  GTA 5, big game, lots of buildings which look nice but outside of the buildings looking nice, you cannot enter any of them except for a handful of safe houses and shops.  If Bohemia were to make DayZ graphically comparable to some of the top AAA games, we would not even be able to run it.

On 1/29/2017 at 11:27 PM, p4triot said:

Not even Skyrim Special Edition (I assume no mods here) is breathtaking. Guy has a point. You play DOOM at Ultra and THAT's breathtaking, specially when you can play at 100+ fps with a moderate system.

How big is the DOOM open world map??? oh its not open world is it . How far is the view distance in DOOM oh thats right its mostly contained inside so it has a super short view distance .. Apples and oranges ...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soulfirez said:

How big is the DOOM open world map??? oh its not open world is it . How far is the view distance in DOOM oh thats right its mostly contained inside so it has a super short view distance .. Apples and oranges ...

Maybe a single player version with 10fps might be good for those that want the best of the best.

wait until 2050 when they introduce the mustang computer :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Maybe a single player version with 10fps might be good for those that want the best of the best.

wait until 2050 when they introduce the mustang computer :)

We would all love to have the best of the best if its practical (and for me it would be in VR to ) but given our plausible limitations a good smooth framerate with decent graphics is or should be good enough .. For visual over haul id just like to see some reskining of current models of houses/buildings etc so they dont all look the same (say 6 separate skins for each model of house maybe 2 or 3 for each landmark style building ) just enough for me to not feel like i have run through the same place over and over .. As a whole the graphics level is fine for what it is, would i like grass render at further range ( or a good method of simulating it for cover sure so i hope for the best on  that front ....