Sign in to follow this  
Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.61.137302

Hello guys,

We are pushing new update to EXP branch, yeeey!

This is very important update for us. 

Update 0.61.137302 contains:

• Potential fix for a crash caused by players based around locking the hands slot.
  • Server performance optimizations regarding stacking of some AI related data.
  • Security measures to address known issues.
  • Melee weapon behavior tweaked (impact now on cursor).
  • Tweaked torch lightsource position.

If it works without issues we will push it on Stable as soon as possible. 

And we need your help. 

We are interested in two things, both of them connected to locking of hand slots during actions (executed from action menu), which have an animation - e.g. during the animation, hand slot should not allow manipulation such as removing of item if there is any or inserting if there is none. So inserting/removing but also swapping.

a) during an action, try drag and dropping or swapping items in slots - try to get them there. Even if not successful and the item stays in its original position, try destroying it during the action (e.g. tear shirt into rags) or moving it - it is possible that after the action/animation is finished there will be some issues. If so, we are interested in knowing what was the player doing right before that.

b) after finishing the action, or cancelling it (by pressing F or by right-click to another item in the inventory), it is theoretically possible that the hand slot will stay locked. If that happens, we would like to know the chain of events leading to that state.

Suggested actions for test:

• Search for berries/apples/kindling/stones/feathers
  • Chop down trees
  • Chop kindling
  • Dig up worms 
  • Mine Stone ("Pickaxe")
  • Drink from ponds
  • Use the pump
  • Fill bottle 
  • Light fire 
  • Make a garden plot 
  • Dig tiles (garden plot)
  • Lick battery
  • Use bandage
  • Eat/drink
  • Skin and quarter body
  • Collect blood
  • Give blood tranfusion
  • Bandage other player
  • Force feed
  • Force drink
  • Skin a player
  • Fill syringe
  • CPR
  • Epinephrine
  • Craft stone knife
  • Use fishing rod

Thank you for your feedback!

• Like 12

Thank you for the update! I will try and do all the actions described here.

By the way:

16 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Skin a player

Any volunteers? :D

Edit:

381.2 mb update incoming!

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

Amazing patch notes Baty and thanks to the QA guys for working with you to provide such indepth ideas regarding repro steps!

I should be able to join in the borkings tomorrow!

*Maybe a little later though too....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

Exactly what we need for exp, a perfect layout like this to help you all out with testing. So important we know what we are doing, and that i cant thank you enough for Baty.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Exactly what we need for exp, a perfect layout like this to help you all out with testing. So important we know what we are doing, and that i cant thank you enough for Baty.

No @sneakydude, I can't thank YOU enough! You are awesome guys. You are doing DayZ better.

• Like 6

There was no character wipe, can not confirm container wipe because for some reason Southcentral 0-2 isn't up (yet).

7 minutes ago, IMT said:

There was no character wipe, can not confirm container wipe because for some reason Southcentral 0-2 isn't up (yet).

No character wipe this time. :)

Suggested actions for test: Sneakydudes Testing.

Search for berries (can still spam berries1 bunch by 1 bunch to inventory) /apples (still can spam) /kindling (problem with cancel action)/stones (can still spam, stacks nicely)/feathers still can spam feathers 1 by 1)

Chop down trees (chopped quickly, Still puts the Long Wooden Stick on your back)

Chop kindling (slight delay after chopped, cancel action performed)   There is a cancel action on Character after chopping kindling down... you have to cancel each time.

Dig up worms (fast response, dug up 4 worms, stacked together not 1 by 1 -with stone) Spam Msg comes up if you keep hitting F to dig worms.

Use the pump (Very quick, can still spam)

Light fire  (worked perfectly with hand drill)

Use bandage (worked perfectly)

Eat/drink (fast performance)

Craft stone knife (fast performance)

OK i finally Desync.......(every small desync i pushed it responded right away and put me back into the game) There was 0 issues with this patch and i think it was awesome.

Over all the performance is very good, i spammed the crap out of everything, threw things, made 0 responses with holding stuff in hands etc..

I picked up a tire, and threw it so many times to desync, and it never had a performance hit.

Honestly? it felt different, then i came back to see what you guys did, over all the performance, and response time was great. Sit, lay down, jump up pickup tire throw it, run around pickup tire throw it.

(i feel it is ready for stable this one, after hands sync, and vehicles are fixed)

Here is a video, i forgot to upload. I tried to desync myself out with the server and pickup throw options

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 2

Could not loot a player,tried putting items into my hands,drag items of them etc,if i split the ammo in backpack it would go to mine. Skin player worked only the sks that was in his hand was left on floor.

Cancelling while drinking from a pump seems to lock the hands slot. Drinking again and letting the animation complete fully unlocks the hands slot again. Get the same behavior on multiple fresh characters, at different wells, on different servers, and different hives (1pp and 3pp).

If you try to use an item (e.g. right click rag->bandage) while in this state, you will eventually get the message "Error putting item in your hands"

Edited by hairywookiee

10 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

You have to crouch down, and spam in one location. It will not lock.

Just cancelling the once is enough to lock the hands, there's no "spamming" required.

Edited by hairywookiee

Actions performed with no required item:
- Start animation
- Try to drag item in hand slot
- Perform bug: insert item in hand slot without moving
- Start animation
- Try to drag item out of hand slot or swap it
- Move and try to do the animation with an item in your hand without the bug

- Searching for berries: no inserting, swapping or removing possible, no search option when item in hand (except for bug)
- Searching for apples: no inserting, swapping or removing possible, no search option when item in hand (except for bug)
- Searching for kindling: no inserting, swapping or removing possible, no search option when item in hand (except for bug)
- Searching for stones: no inserting, swapping or removing possible, no search option when item in hand (except for bug)
- Searching for feathers: no inserting, swapping or removing possible, no search option when item in hand (except for bug)
- Drink from ponds: no inserting possible, swapping and removing not applicable (have to retry this one)
- Use the pump: no inserting possible, swapping and removing not applicable (have to retry this one)

Acions performed with item required:
- Take item in hand
- Start animation
- Try to remove item (and swap with long animation)
- In case of a short animation start animation a second time
- Try to swap item

- Chop down trees: no swapping or removing possible
- Dig up worms: no swapping or removing possible
- Mine Stone ("Pickaxe"): no swapping or removing possible, locks me in animation
- Fill bottle: no swapping or removing possible
- Light fire: no inserting possible, swapping or removing not applicable
- Make a gardenplot: no swapping or removing possible
- Dig tiles (gardenplot): no swapping or removing possible
- Use bandage: no swapping or removing possible
- Eat/drink: no swapping or removing possible
- Skin and quarter body: no swapping or removing possible
- Craft stone knife: no inserting possible, swapping or removing not applicable, locks me in animation
- Use fishing rod: swapping or removing possible

Other animations will be tested later.

Bug when there is no item required and the animation is not possible without empty hands, you can wait until your animation is done and drag an item in your hands and perform the animation when you don't move:

Bug when there is an item required, you can perform the action without the item:

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, IMT said:

Craft stone knife: no inserting possible, swapping or removing not applicable, locks me in animation

I can put other objects in my hands while crafting a stone knife. When you begin the animation the original stone seems to disappear from your hands, and you receive the knife when it has finished. During the animation you have full use of the hand slot however.

Searching for stones does indeed lock the hands, however.

7 minutes ago, hairywookiee said:

I can put other objects in my hands while crafting a stone knife. When you begin the animation the original stone seems to disappear from your hands, and you receive the knife when it has finished. During the animation you have full use of the hand slot however.

Searching for stones does indeed lock the hands, however.

Are you sure? Because I wasn't able to put an item in my hand when making the stone knife, even when that item that disappeared.

8 minutes ago, IMT said:

Are you sure? Because I wasn't able to put an item in my hand when making the stone knife, even when that item that disappeared.

100%. I even get the options to use the item I put in my hands, e.g. "light flare". Trying to use it results in a message saying "I can't do that right now" (or some such).

6 minutes ago, hairywookiee said:

100%. I even get the options to use the item I put in my hands, e.g. "light flare". Trying to use it results in a message saying "I can't do that right now" (or some such).

And you tried it in this current build?

19 minutes ago, hairywookiee said:

Can you do a video? show the devs.

I am rather happy with this build so far.

20 minutes ago, IMT said:

And you tried it in this current build?

Ok I think I've found out why we're getting different results; it depends on the texture you're performing the action on.

This texture = hands slot not locked

D6BCDEED4FDDDB2BCD60DA328E5C59014D2E97F9

This texture = hand slot is locked

944AC7E7FBC8E88D943CA66BFFFE651A909A0E9E

Edited by hairywookiee
  • Like 1

Ok then i may have duplicated your issue, if you try to cut kindling down, it will put you into a cancel action.

That might be exactly what your doing.

For me it didn't happen on the rocks.

40 minutes ago, hairywookiee said:

Ok I think I've found out why we're getting different results; it depends on the texture you're performing the action on.

This texture = hands slot not locked

Reveal hidden contents

D6BCDEED4FDDDB2BCD60DA328E5C59014D2E97F9

This texture = hand slot is locked

Reveal hidden contents

944AC7E7FBC8E88D943CA66BFFFE651A909A0E9E

How do I reproduce it?

28 minutes ago, IMT said:

How do I reproduce it?

Obtain a stone. Find a texture that looks like the first image. Craft a stone knife on that texture, then drag your flare/bandage to your hand slot. It should work.

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Does this mean we can make human leather clothes?

• Like 4