Sign in to follow this  
TioFreak

End of the Map (Quarantine)

What about a big wall? we´re talking about a wall like 20 meters tall or a fence with the word "quarantine", also i was thinking about this "Nothing" after the end of the map, maybe put woods? is just an idea, so thats all i have in my mind. I hope this will useful, thanks for reading

Well, it may add some authentic immersion. That would be cool if they add shot bodies and some structures under the walls that seem like soldiers resisted till the last minute.

I would prefer a mirror like border to the map. Say you leave Myshkino tents and head West, when reaching the edge of the map the border would look identical when facing East or West. As you cross the edge of the map you end up facing East, with a seamless transition that you can't experience unless you have a compass in your hand. It would be like the twilight zone/horror movie sequence where you run from danger and end up running back towards it...

1 hour ago, caik said:

I would prefer a mirror like border to the map. Say you leave Myshkino tents and head West, when reaching the edge of the map the border would look identical when facing East or West. As you cross the edge of the map you end up facing East, with a seamless transition that you can't experience unless you have a compass in your hand. It would be like the twilight zone/horror movie sequence where you run from danger and end up running back towards it...

If the map had no shore, I guess it could potentially be possible to configure the geometry similar to that of a toroid, but a mirror would create a very weird effect when you approach the northwest corner of the map where two edges join each other. My head can't comprehend the geometry necessary to make that northwestern paradox work in your example...

• Like 1

Out at sea would be easy to mirror as it would only be ocean, the change of direction of the waves might be immersion breaking though. NW corner could have a huge boulder forcing players to head east or west to get round, avoiding us hurting our heads thinking about a right angled (curved maybe???) mirror...

If it's mirrored you'd be able to stand in the northwest corner and see three copies of yourself and if you shot at one, all four of "you" would shoot at the other three simultaneously. I shudder to think what this might do to server performance if firing a bullet were duplicated. Would it even be duplicated? Would a single bullet simply have multiple trajectories? It's a total mindfuck!

A toroid would allow for a rolling seamless map and could be achieved by turning Chernarus into an island. Whether the RV3.5 Enfusion engine would allow for such geometric games is another question of course, though it's certainly *technically* possible.

• Like 2

Mirrored except for the player obviously. I would **** myself if I saw two of myself running towards myself and would definetly open fire. Fortunately I'm a ****shot...

• Like 1