Sign in to follow this  
dont_ask_me_again

Alpha est. release date?

I can't find any recent info on this. Graphics overhaul is done for the most part. Interface, bugs, Interface (the super slow aim and de-aim + your character holds the gun like he has a spider on his shoulder).... Just died to a camper because I had lower ping trying to storm him after waiting 30 minutes... I had a .22 sporter with no mag and he had an automatic which got pretty established when he sprayed and prayed missing emptying a whole mag... there's no honour in this game and the interface doesn't help. I don't know if player controller fixes this or adds support for a game controller (ps4/xbox) etc. An online game really needs full controller support... you can move more accurately with a mouse because you control the movement speed with how far you drag - not the case with unsupported analogue... it's one movement speed no matter how lightly or how far you tug the analogue. (Only fine for solo play games) Had my gun aiming at his shoulder... clicked fire when I heard his shot (cuz knew it was too soon, had to pray for neck shot and using the controller really sucks right now and I want to practice.) He wasn't positioned to shoot my upper body but I still die and the shot didn't fire. I actually had a real chance of winning there with him dead and me with broken legs bleeding.

Edited by dont_ask_me_again

In real life.... there is practically no sway with a gun unless you're shaking with fear. The problem is how you handle the kick which adjusts where the shot landed. 1st shot should be dead accurate and then they should start shacking fast when you spam fire or go onto automatic for too long. Double-tapping would be hard in real life... SAS/Body guards had to train constantly for that. I just don't see why the first shot is made to be very impracticable.

13 minutes ago, dont_ask_me_again said:

In real life.... there is practically no sway with a gun unless you're shaking with fear. The problem is how you handle the kick which adjusts where the shot landed. 1st shot should be dead accurate and then they should start shacking fast when you spam fire or go onto automatic for too long. Double-tapping would be hard in real life... SAS/Body guards had to train constantly for that. I just don't see why the first shot is made to be very impracticable.

How do you know? Ever shot a gun before? Maybe you did. But ever shot a gun before to kill fellow human being while taking fire at you. I highly doubt that. Plus you have to consider that you're wearing 20+ kilograms of gear with you and you're constantly running. 

There's NO official date for game's release, and in the close future, there'll never be. Game'll be done when it's done. If you want game to grow faster, go on the feedback forums and post bugs.

9 minutes ago, Just Caused said:

How do you know? Ever shot a gun before? Maybe you did. But ever shot a gun before to kill fellow human being while taking fire at you. I highly doubt that. Plus you have to consider that you're wearing 20+ kilograms of gear with you and you're constantly running. 

There's NO official date for game's release, and in the close future, there'll never be. Game'll be done when it's done. If you want game to grow faster, go on the feedback forums and post bugs.

My mental state - judging by how he shot at me was fully engaged to kill the guy... doing the world of DayZ a favour. I've fired training BB guns very accurately from early on... I missed a few shots then it's always bang on (I'm not from a gun country)... I had the full element of surprise on him due to patiences and that's like claiming blitzkrieg strategy is null. I was in the top 10 clans on COD4 at a point when I was younger... I know how to shoot on video games - anyone can shoot a .22 or low cal rifle fairly well at 1-3 meters at someone. I don't shoot unless it's a critical hit. I clicked the R1 later than him only because the lack of controller support where I'd have got a pin-point on his head sooner. - Also done paint-balling and shot people 40 meters away (they're very innacurate)... 20 meters I completely painted an opponents gun (I was young - touche on that move) and that was in a little crevice and technically irl he'd have damaged his gun so they more abused the system. Still I learned from it. 

There has been official dates so it's not as simple as "Game'll be done when it's done".

You want someone to not kill you, reward them for dealing with your zombie for you or try talking. Any other game that guy was dead. I had the headshot if he were crouching... I'll aim down if he's prone and he'd be unable to line a critical hit if I move forward.

Didn't have loads of gear either.

BB and paintball guns do not equal a real gun, and yes, guns do sway in real life when you fire from an unsupported position, you simply don't notice it.  You ever get a chance to fire a real gun with an optic on it, stand up and aim at a target at least 50yards away.  You're gonna notice every little twitch and sway of your hands transfers to the gun.

And no, there is no set or official release date for DayZ.

13 minutes ago, IkaikaKekai said:

BB and paintball guns do not equal a real gun, and yes, guns do sway in real life when you fire from an unsupported position, you simply don't notice it.  You ever get a chance to fire a real gun with an optic on it, stand up and aim at a target at least 50yards away.  You're gonna notice every little twitch and sway of your hands transfers to the gun.

And no, there is no set or official release date for DayZ.

Talking 1-3 meters, yeah the recoil would take getting used to - never made my self out to be a marksman

Lower ping (how do you know).
.22 Sporter with no mag (pea shooter)
Up against an automatic (who you claim to be a camper) while you yourself "waited for 30 mins".
Not only the above but also you are using a controller in a PC only military combat game !
Perhaps you should review your playing tactics.

Gun sway is real (even in real life) as much as controller aim assist is for games that are released for different platforms.
Don't blame the current game state for your own inaptness.

There is enough info out there concerning the move to beta, you just need to understand what has been written.

Alpha est. release date? (even the Topic title does not fit).

• Like 1

Also, from what I read, this game is not CoD. It doesnt matter if you have experience in a s**ty game like CoD.

• Like 1

man you guys are using logic with this person. what I hear when i read OP's complaints was. I want no sway so I can 360 no scope people. I do not like survival mechanics because I can't 360 no scope people. I should be able to 360 no scope a guy with an AK with a drum mag with a sporter .22 without a mag. so devs this guy just wants to 360 no scope while eating doritos and shooting mountain dew is that to much to ask........to harsh?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BAHADIR said:

Also, from what I read, this game is not CoD. It doesnt matter if you have experience in a s**ty game like CoD.

Ah come on, i paid for "COD" wtf i want my money back.....

I also like Doritos, but not mountain dew....and expect 360 degree hip fire, so if you don't like it, ill snipe your ass next time... see you in game.

still waiting.... its over 2 hrs i been camping in this spot for you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I also like Doritos, but not mountain dew....and expect 360 degree hip fire, so if you don't like it, ill snipe your ass next time... see you in game.

1 hour ago, gannon46 said:

man you guys are using logic with this person. what I hear when i read OP's complaints was. I want no sway so I can 360 no scope people. I do not like survival mechanics because I can't 360 no scope people. I should be able to 360 no scope a guy with an AK with a drum mag with a sporter .22 without a mag. so devs this guy just wants to 360 no scope while eating doritos and shooting mountain dew is that to much to ask........to harsh?

I never 360 no scoped... G3, MP5, M249, W1200, M21... The difficult guns... I'd use skill... of all the problems COD may have had... it faired much better than this game lol. If you couldn't kill the wannabe no-scopers then I can see why you hated cod.

6 hours ago, Brokenbones said:

Lower ping (how do you know).
.22 Sporter with no mag (pea shooter)
Up against an automatic (who you claim to be a camper) while you yourself "waited for 30 mins".
Not only the above but also you are using a controller in a PC only military combat game !
Perhaps you should review your playing tactics.

Gun sway is real (even in real life) as much as controller aim assist is for games that are released for different platforms.
Don't blame the current game state for your own inaptness.

There is enough info out there concerning the move to beta, you just need to understand what has been written.

Alpha est. release date? (even the Topic title does not fit).

I have friends in other countries... ping doesn't give a huge advantage unless it's clunky mechanics combined with camping (camping you just got to get the cross hair lined with where they're aiming and the non-clunky mechanics follow). I waited outside in the rain with zombies for 30 mins while he hid in a building. There's no real incentive to live when you're a fresh-spawn beginning in the communist east-side of the map who died finding all the DayZ bugs.

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Wait, are you the guy who shares my camp with me ? Someone leaving weapons and stuff to my tents but we couldnt met yet...