elitenation

THE DAY Z SA stick!

Holy shit... first time doing this OK so today i tryed to help some KID and the little shit tryed to kill me.. NEVER TRUST ANYONE RP OR STRANDED so after SAVING his ass i told him duck and he did and ran behind me and stabbed me with the Long Stick and ruined the uk vest, alicebag, ttsko pants, and tac jacket you know MILITARY GEAR with a stick Really WHY!? please just do something about that a little nerf would be nice but this most likely not be solved and I will be Shunned for Bitching about it but I have One thing left to say... Thanks for Reading  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, elitenation said:

Holy shit... first time doing this OK so today i tryed to help some KID and the little shit tryed to kill me.. NEVER TRUST ANYONE RP OR STRANDED so after SAVING his ass i told him duck and he did and ran behind me and stabbed me with the Long Stick and ruined the uk vest, alicebag, ttsko pants, and tac jacket you know MILITARY GEAR with a stick Really WHY!? please just do something about that a little nerf would be nice but this most likely not be solved and I will be Shunned for Bitching about it but I have One thing left to say... Thanks for Reading  

cool true story?

If so i am going to use a stick and stab every mofo that goes around KOS the exp crew... what do you think @emuthreat???

But i haven't been on exp for awhile so ill have to let EMu stab pickles some.

But suggestions, changes, bugs, features should go to

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

They do not take anything serious in general forums, it goes down the list under feedback.

Edited by sneakydude

It's not only the stick, even punching will get someone's gear ruined eventually. I believe I punched Thurman Murman's hat from pristine or worn to badly damaged with one punch.

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

cool true story?

If so i am going to use a stick and stab every mofo that goes around KOS the exp crew... what do you think @emuthreat???

But i haven't been on exp for awhile so ill have to let EMu stab pickles some.

But suggestions, changes, bugs, features should go to

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

They do not take anything serious in general forums, it goes down the list under feedback.

I wish you good luck with your mission, never bring a stick to a gunfight haha.

And I do think they appreciate feedback, even on the forums. :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IMT said:

I wish you good luck with your mission, never bring a stick to a gunfight haha.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  So much this.  Unless your ass is sufficiently bad.  I'll stick with guns for the time-being....

• Like 1

I wonder how many users registered here just to vent in their one barely coherent rant, only to disappear again, forever...

Fly, elitenation, fly high and farewell! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I wonder how many users registered here just to vent in their one barely coherent rant, only to disappear again, forever...

Fly, elitenation, fly high and farewell! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Kirov, you wouldn't want people to suspect that you are a self-righteous, uncompromising, elitist DayZ player?! It's a forum open to everybody so we must endure a fair share of inarticulate complaining, various moans and groans, and one time appearances from fleeting characters.

Forums have much in common with the democratic principle of "one man one vote".  Regardless or in spite of, the (low) level of intelligence which is often put on display, everybody has a say,

Regards 

8 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

Kirov, you wouldn't want people to suspect that you are a self-righteous, uncompromising, elitist DayZ player?! It's a forum open to everybody so we must endure a fair share of inarticulate complaining, various moans and groans, and one time appearances from fleeting characters.

Forums have much in common with the democratic principle of "one man one vote".  Regardless or in spite of, the (low) level of intelligence which is often put on display, everybody has a say,

Regards 

We are the electoral college.  Trumped!  HAHA

While the forum is open to everybody, there is a certain inherent culture here that has been curated my the moderators and forum administrator.  They really lean heavily towards constructive feedback, rather than vitriolic attacks.  Most of the regular posters have been around long enough to know how things work.
That's why you see us self-moderating this last year as the general population has dropped and never really fully recovered when the forum changed over;  the long-stale .60 patch did not help with the waning interest.

So I have to ask you, what are you here for?  Are you here to start and/or participate in constructive discussions, or simply to attack the regulars until we start to be fairly certain which variety of bag you most resemble?

And along those lines, what do you expect to get out of DayZ; a harsh, unforgiving, zombie apocalypse survival simulator, or ARMA III with the Enfusion engine?
You consistently seem to be oblivious to the fact that people will still be able to run around and shoot each other with all the new weapons yet to be added as surely as the sun will rise each morning; regardless of what additional survival elements are added to the game.

What is not certain, however, is that the game will be fully fleshed-out with advanced crafting and survival assets that will truly make this game stand apart from your basic shooter.  So yes, in the interest of not seeing DayZ fall any further short of the goals initially presented to us as prospective buyers, we push for this content.
I, for one, don't give a shit what all the people think who saw the stripped-down, bare-bones version of the game, and want to keep it that way as a simplistic shooter on a huge map.  It reminds me of a toddler who would rather play with the box it came in, than the expensive toy he was given.

You come off as if you have entered a bowling alley under construction, and played basketball there because the gutters and ball returns weren't installed yet; and now that things are progressing, you want them to stop construction because it interferes with the basketball game. And god-forbid they oil the floors.
It was always going to be a bowling alley...

This is the only bowling alley in town. There are basketball courts at all of the many existing parks. Who has more to lose in this situation?  Who has other perfectly valid choices available?

• Like 4

Who decides what a constructive discussion is and on what basis? 

Seems to me that you and many others have a rather dogmatic approach on what DayZ is and how it should be played. I'm all for total freedom of choice and absolutely don't like the patronizing self-proclaimed-old-timer-I-know-better-than-you  attitude some forum dwellers have. Let us never forget that the more people play this game the more it will thrive. Unless you of course absolutely want DayZ to be played only by a few hard core uncompromising survival simulator fanatics.

Regards

Edited by Lexman61

2 hours ago, Lexman61 said:

Seems to me that you and many others have a rather dogmatic approach on what DayZ is and how it should be played. I'm all for total freedom of choice and absolutely don't like the patronizing self-proclaimed-old-timer-I-know-better-than-you  attitude some forum dwellers have. Let us never forget that the more people play this game the more it will thrive. Unless you of course absolutely want DayZ to be played only by a few hard core uncompromising survival simulator fanatics.

Regards

They never aimed for a big crowd, it just turned out that way. It has been no secret that the vanilla mod and vanilla Standalone will be heavily influenced by survival. You can still do your pew pew but it might have consequences like being attacked by a lot of infected, etc. So if the majority doesn't like that it's their problem then because from the start it has been mentioned that it will be a survival game, not a PvP-only shooter.

On 20.01.2017 at 7:42 PM, Lexman61 said:

Kirov, you wouldn't want people to suspect that you are a self-righteous, uncompromising, elitist DayZ player?! I

I'm not banning anyone, I didn't report the OP to the moderators. What I did was just a friendly shoutout to regulars who every now and then have to read a one-time thread along the lines of "fuck you to the guy who killed me at the NWAF!!1". If that's enough for you to call me 'elitist', maybe I'm not the one here who is trying to gag other people. For a guy who demands a say for everyone, you sure are very quick to judge.

And obviously, you're wrong saying that I have to endure anything. Of course I endure if I must, but what I don't have to do is clap my hands to any idiotic statement on this forum, and I've seen many. If you think that everyone's opinion weights equally, you're hilariously wrong. When one guy says the Earth is round and the other that it is flat, the 'let's agree to disagree' option doesn't really work here - the former is right and the latter is an imbecile. You could as well add shit to your salad and claim it's more wholesome food this way.

Yes, regulars tend to contribute more stuff worth reading here, you'll see that for yourself if you stay around.

As for 'DayZ as a sect', again, you're not really saying anything worth commenting, it's just your personal musings. Literally the only reply I have is the Dude's "well... this is, like... your opinion... man". Or to make it short, "na-ah". You just give a couple of "snarky" remarks and expect... what? There is nothing to address here.

Your only real argument is that when this game is finally forged into what it was promised to be, the playerbase will diminish. This is blatantly false. I know or heard of scores of players driven away by the lack of survival mechanics combined with the dickery of KOSers. My friends-gamers ask me why I keep playing a game where the pinnacle of interpersonal creativity is shooting and then bandaging someone's leg, to leave him to crawl for suicide. DayZ playerbase has the opinion of a bunch of psychotic dumb teenage fucks, and when I say "psychotic", I don't mean Hannibal Lecter, I mean a rabid dog dry-humping a hedgehog. BTW - I totally agree with that opinion and I tend to stay alone for the most time. But I noticed that this changes and it does so mainly due to the addition of survival mechanics. Which, I remind you, does not prevent anyone from PVP at Elektro. But the rest of the folk who bought a copy and promptly left with distaste will finally make it back.

So far, PVP-oriented players have received so much more than the PVE folk, so your complains sound to my ears like those of that US billionaire who said that these days, the rich are persecuted statewide as much as the Jews during the Holocaust (I can't be bothered to google his name at the moment). If there is one aspect of DayZ closest to be fully fleshed out, it's PVP. So please, start being serious. So far it seems that DayZ was created with people like you in mind. Enjoy it while it lasts!

I told you once but you failed to address, acknowledge or grasp it - there is no accommodation to everyone's playstyle if one of such styles is KOS-ing. If in any given group of people there is a KOS-er, then either he kills everyone or they kill him. You need to finally understand that it's the KOS-ers who prevent other people from enjoying the game the way they want. Last time I told you that, you just said "let's agree to disagree" and disappeared. This is anything but a debate which you wanted so much. So far the only thing you have to say is that every idiot has a right to his/her opinion. So? We're on the Internet now and it's actually painfully obvious.

And yes, what @emuthreat says - hopefully, the current CoD-like status of the game will be gone in time. Pray tell, what part of "zombie apocalypse survival" you didn't understand?

45 minutes ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I'm not banning anyone, I didn't report the OP to the moderators. What I did was just a friendly shoutout to regulars who every now and then have to read a one-time thread along the lines of "fuck you to the guy who killed me at the NWAF!!1". If that's enough for you to call me 'elitist', maybe I'm not the one here who is trying to gag other people. For a guy who demands a say for everyone, you sure are very quick to judge.

And obviously, you're wrong saying that I have to endure anything. Of course I endure if I must, but what I don't have to do is clap my hands to any idiotic statement on this forum, and I've seen many. If you think that everyone's opinion weights equally, you're hilariously wrong. When one guy says the Earth is round and the other that it is flat, the 'let's agree to disagree' option doesn't really work here - the former is right and the latter is an imbecile. You could as well add shit to your salad and claim it's more wholesome food this way.

Yes, regulars tend to contribute more stuff worth reading here, you'll see that for yourself if you stay around.

As for 'DayZ as a sect', again, you're not really saying anything worth commenting, it's just your personal musings. Literally the only reply I have is the Dude's "well... this is, like... your opinion... man". Or to make it short, "na-ah". You just give a couple of "snarky" remarks and expect... what? There is nothing to address here.

Your only real argument is that when this game is finally forged into what it was promised to be, the playerbase will diminish. This is blatantly false. I know or heard of scores of players driven away by the lack of survival mechanics combined with the dickery of KOSers. My friends-gamers ask me why I keep playing a game where the pinnacle of interpersonal creativity is shooting and then bandaging someone's leg, to leave him to crawl for suicide. DayZ playerbase has the opinion of a bunch of psychotic dumb teenage fucks, and when I say "psychotic", I don't mean Hannibal Lecter, I mean a rabid dog dry-humping a hedgehog. BTW - I totally agree with that opinion and I tend to stay alone for the most time. But I noticed that this changes and it does so mainly due to the addition of survival mechanics. Which, I remind you, does not prevent anyone from PVP at Elektro. But the rest of the folk who bought a copy and promptly left with distaste will finally make it back.

So far, PVP-oriented players have received so much more than the PVE folk, so your complains sound to my ears like those of that US billionaire who said that these days, the rich are persecuted statewide as much as the Jews during the Holocaust (I can't be bothered to google his name at the moment). If there is one aspect of DayZ closest to be fully fleshed out, it's PVP. So please, start being serious. So far it seems that DayZ was created with people like you in mind. Enjoy it while it lasts!

I told you once but you failed to address, acknowledge or grasp it - there is no accommodation to everyone's playstyle if one of such styles is KOS-ing. If in any given group of people there is a KOS-er, then either he kills everyone or they kill him. You need to finally understand that it's the KOS-ers who prevent other people from enjoying the game the way they want. Last time I told you that, you just said "let's agree to disagree" and disappeared. This is anything but a debate which you wanted so much. So far the only thing you have to say is that every idiot has a right to his/her opinion. So? We're on the Internet now and it's actually painfully obvious.

And yes, what @emuthreat says - hopefully, the current CoD-like status of the game will be gone in time. Pray tell, what part of "zombie apocalypse survival" you didn't understand?

You can't PvP fairly in 0.61... I like PvP and PvE but the latter really throws me off the game when they made it the only option. I saw a vids of people getting makerov's no problem when they spawned. That's PvP - A crap weapon that can kill so you can defend yourself or attempt to loot.

A niche game for a group of niche players. That is what the developers aim for and that's what the hard core survivalist players want. This is what it all comes down to.

The once so great popularity and excitement a large number of players had for this game is gone and won't come back. A missed opportunity to get a larger number of people involved on a long term basis and make the game thrive in the years to come outside a little community of diehards  

A game for few played by few.

Why are you acting like this is some kind of new thing brought about by the rabid zealotry of a few dedicated players.  Most of us started playing because that's what we wanted in a game.  They made it quite clear from the beginning, what kind of game this was supposed to be.  Where did you get your impressions of what this game is supposed to be?

You come off as if you went to a golf course to play football, and want them to flatten out the hills, remove the water hazards and sandtraps.

It might be time to admit to yourself that you should have tried to get a little better understanding of the game before becoming so heavily invested.  We all knew what kind of game this was being built to become.

If you can't cope with the challenges, maybe it's time for you to leave, @Lexman61.  It sure as hell ain't gonna get any easier from here on out, and especially not on your account.

Edited by emuthreat

12 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Why are you acting like this is some kind of new thing brought about by the rabid zealotry of a few dedicated players.  Most of us started playing because that's what we wanted in a game.  They made it quite clear from the beginning, what kind of game this was supposed to be.  Where did you get your impressions of what this game is supposed to be?

You come off as if you went to a golf course to play football, and want them to flatten out the hills, remove the water hazards and sandtraps.

It might be time to admit to yourself that you should have tried to get a little better understanding of the game before becoming so heavily invested.  We all knew what kind of game this was being built to become.

If you can't cope with the challenges, maybe it's time for you to leave, @Lexman61.  It sure as hell ain't gonna get any easier from here on out, and especially not on your account.

Whether I decide to keep on playing or not is completely irrelevant. Pretending that DayZ's player count hasn't been on a downturn for some time now (and is highly unlikely to regain lost ground), is naive at best. Less players + more realism at all costs will inevitably lead to what stated before; a game for few played by few.

I'm sure this suits you fine, but it is undeniably a missed opportunity to broaden the player base with a long term perspective in mind.

Regards

6 minutes ago, Lexman61 said:

Whether I decide to keep on playing or not is completely irrelevant. Pretending that DayZ's player count hasn't been on a downturn for some time now (and is highly unlikely to regain lost ground), is naive at best. Less players + more realism at all costs will inevitably lead to what stated before; a game for few played by few.

I'm sure this suits you fine, but it is undeniably a missed opportunity to broaden the player base with a long term perspective in mind.

Regards

Whose fault is it if a bunch of people watch youtube videos of a work in progress and misunderstand the scope of the project?

I find it pretty ridiculous for you to assume that the actual release of the completed game will not bring new interest and increase player numbers.  This alone is enough to completely disregard your opinions on the matter.

A couple of long patch cycles take place, and all of the rats jump ship?  Good riddance.  Nobody cares.  It is still easy enough to find a full server to play on.  The finished game WILL attract new players.  I'm really having trouble understanding why you might think that you have a valid concern...

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I'm really having trouble understanding why you might think that you have a valid concern...

"I'm concerned about the dwindling numbers" sounds so much better than "it takes ages to gear up and get back into battle". Virtually every pew pew player considers himself a spokesperson for disappointed masses. "Oh, it's not that I die to the weather all the time, I'm just honestly worried about your sales". Maybe we should send them directly to BI Marketing Department?

• Like 1

On 21/01/2017 at 1:10 PM, Lexman61 said:

I do.
On the path you tread.

• Like 4

On 1/23/2017 at 7:32 AM, Kirov (DayZ) said:

"I'm concerned about the dwindling numbers" sounds so much better than "it takes ages to gear up and get back into battle". Virtually every pew pew player considers himself a spokesperson for disappointed masses. "Oh, it's not that I die to the weather all the time, I'm just honestly worried about your sales". Maybe we should send them directly to BI Marketing Department?

Yes and NO, ill be very honest the way things are right now, it is deep in moving from a full dev build to fixing stuff. Look very deep at the process of whats going on, and see what people are doing on stable.

Lots to do yet, so people get upset and neg review a game. Ok?? so if i was working on your car and i have it down the chassis, for one month then 6 months later it is still down to the chassis, and i tell you i am reworking the frame, it twists and turns, while under pressure. You don't get it, ask for your money back and blame me for it, writing to every friend not to use me. I have a good track record for building a top end car on the market but still being blamed.

It is much different of course, you read what you want to read, you hear what people want to say, and if it is not done in time everyone gets upset.

I am not defending dayz either, it has a shit load of problems.

But in the end i will still tell you the way i feel, its a good game, it has so much potential to be fun. In the end the size of this game should have been put in closed alpha. Ill stick to my guns on this one, as so many others feel they need to be in closed alpha too.

Also here is something that might take a decent looking game right to the trash.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/430440/

The game is decent game play for conquest, i bought into it was fun, but no where near complete and a bad launch of epic. Sadly the devs have to live with those reviews.

The epic is much bigger then we imagine to build, and i don't think that time frame they gave was fair, but it should have been still placed under closed EA, until epic was at least finished.

In the end it maybe a great game by a newer team of devs.

OP is right stick is way over powered